collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 04:43:01 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Smithy
[Today at 04:42:34 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by The Edge
[Today at 04:39:40 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Steve67
[Today at 04:37:50 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Baldy
[Today at 04:35:32 PM]

Re: New Shirt Sponsor by AV82EC
[Today at 04:35:02 PM]

Re: Who should create the Atmosphere? by AV82EC
[Today at 04:33:28 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by VILLA MOLE
[Today at 04:32:27 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 880776 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Radio WM
« Reply #990 on: March 10, 2015, 08:11:14 PM »
Bitter Baggie Bill.

Who kept it quiet when he was travelling around the world watching the Villa.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #991 on: March 10, 2015, 08:11:34 PM »
Talking of sad bastards, the biggest hypocrite in Birmingham is still at it.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-brom-comment-case-defence-8812893

What an utter, utter wanker.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #992 on: March 10, 2015, 08:12:31 PM »
Bill Howell? Talk about bitter and twisted.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #993 on: March 10, 2015, 08:12:56 PM »
I wouldn't have been half as defensive of our supporters if it wasn't for the utter bollocks being talked about it all.

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #994 on: March 10, 2015, 08:15:06 PM »
The Albion fan Eddie saying 'we'll let Villa have it this time, it's not a problem' whilst sounding utterly pissed off at the same time. Lovely stuff.

Yeah, because they're really not bothered about not getting to an FA cup semi-final.

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
« Reply #995 on: March 10, 2015, 08:18:13 PM »
Oh and whilst we're slagging of the media in general and the BBC in particular, I notice that McNulty's "article" that even the Sun would have thought twice about printing is the only one from all of those on the archive from this season that was never opened for comments.

Wouldn't have been worried about being called out on his bullshit and bile by any chance?

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #996 on: March 10, 2015, 08:19:34 PM »
I must admit to being absolutely livid about all the bad press we are getting.
Infact, I haven't been so bloody angry about something since I don't know when.
Some of the statements that have been coming out beggar belief, and yet our own local media seem to be at the forefront of Villa fan bashing.

On Midlands Today yesterday, they talked about the match being surrounded in 'a sinister undercurrent of violence and intimidation'!!

How the fuck are these people able to get away with spouting such shit ? It's incredulous and infuriating.

You watch, in a few weeks time, they will be completely up our arses, jumping on the Wembley bandwagon, wanting to be our best mate.
Bastards.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #997 on: March 10, 2015, 08:21:48 PM »
This is what happens when you get two teams, one of which has spent the past twenty years cosying up and making friends with everyone and the other who have a motto of 'Never Apologise, Never Explain '.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #998 on: March 10, 2015, 09:02:16 PM »
"Call me Franksy" suggesting Villa were lucky to win both games. Apparently we got the rub of the green because we dared to put away our chances.

So hang on, we missed a bundle of first half chances in the first  game, far more than Albion created in the second and that just gets ignored.

Paul Franks is a complete and utter joke.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #999 on: March 10, 2015, 09:20:50 PM »
So after a week when we've had to play them twice, the pride of the midlands, they know what they are, Tony Penis the tactical mastermind, the best West Brom team for a generation, they've had to fall back on we've got shit stewards?

:) Not a bad week

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
« Reply #1000 on: March 10, 2015, 09:53:16 PM »
Unfortunately we live in an age driven by spin and media manipulation.

We're obviously a horrible club that have never supported Acorns and invested in one of the deepest and most long lasting partnerships between a high profile business and a local charity.

Similarly we've never invested in giving young local kids a chance through the VMF restaurant project, or launched the Villa in the Community charity.

We've never offered support for injured servicemen in rehab at the QE or established a partnership with Help 4 Heroes.

We certainly weren't one of the first football clubs to work together with The Prince's Trust to help disadvantaged youngsters.

We don't help in the community with projects such as the Villa Kicks programme which actively targets engaging young people in community support activities in the most hard pressed areas of the city or any of the 20 or so community projects we're definitely not involved in.

We're absolutely not a club that goes quietly about it's business, trying to do so with decency and integrity (pigs in mud comments not withstanding :) ).

And we absolutely do not have a support that fans of most other clubs regard with respect for the sheer numbers and volume generated on the road or shock visiting supporters when the Holte End gets going.

Unfortunately non of that is sensationalist enough to make good copy, so whilst Mourinho goes around bad mouthing anyone who upsets him, Man Utd players have indulged in verbal abuse and physical intimidation of match officials for the best part of 25 years without fear of sanction or reprisal, nothing is said "because it's all good copy."

The likes of John Terry are fêted in the national media as national heroes and "the epitome of that bulldog spirit" because he's popular with a certain segment of society that buys certain rags, and the hype of busted flush managers such as Harry Redknapp is never held up to scrutiny because "they're always good for a story or a quote"

To the media that just don't get passion, emotion and fans that give a shit, instead of customers that have come to be entertained I can offer nothing more constructive than this!

« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 09:55:51 PM by Villa in Denmark »

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #1001 on: March 10, 2015, 11:13:30 PM »
Talking of sad bastards, the biggest hypocrite in Birmingham is still at it.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-brom-comment-case-defence-8812893

Yes Bill, West Brom didn't kill anybody.

Although they did try.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1002 on: March 10, 2015, 11:25:17 PM »
I love it.  Carry on being bitter and talking about us I say.  I mean at the start of last week we had lost 7 games yes 7 games on the trot and have now beaten the tactical genius of West Midlands football twice in the space of a week.  We have been utterly utterly shit for most of the season, we are there for the taking and because we don't roll over twice we are now lucky and scumbags into the bargain.

And howell is causing a potential beach of the peace with that article.  He should be disciplined by his employer if he has one.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #1003 on: March 10, 2015, 11:28:41 PM »
How the feck is Howell paid to write such utter shite?

Mind that Evans chap is pretty crap that covers us.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1004 on: March 10, 2015, 11:30:33 PM »
Also I've now listened to two programmes on the local BBC radio station since the game and not on e not once have I heard the main presenter laud the fact that the biggest club in the midlands has made it to the semi final of the FA cup.  A bigger bunch of bitter tossers you couldn't meet.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal