collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 876864 times)

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Radio WM
« Reply #960 on: March 10, 2015, 12:44:09 PM »
Local radio is dreadful.

All traffic reports, unfunny male-female breakfast show pairings who think they're hilarious, dreadful sport coverage, phone-in competitions every three minutes and presenters who make you embarrassed of where you come from.

It is basically like a locally targeted, looped, sound-only version of The One Show, all insipid rubbish, badly delivered by simpering cretins.

It all sounds suspiciously like it is aimed at the dimmest members of society. WM is bad, but it's really not as if the commercial alternatives are any better.

When i attain a Putin-like grip on the running of this country, one of the first things I will do is abolish it. I'll institute a radio channel that only delivers traffic reports (like that one for French motorways), and the likes of Paul "Call Me Franksy" Franks will find themselves up in front of a peoples' court on charges of being massive, massive bell ends.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 12:45:44 PM by pauliewalnuts »

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #961 on: March 10, 2015, 01:00:16 PM »
Local radio is dreadful.

All traffic reports, unfunny male-female breakfast show pairings who think they're hilarious, dreadful sport coverage, phone-in competitions every three minutes and presenters who make you embarrassed of where you come from.

It is basically like a locally targeted, looped, sound-only version of The One Show, all insipid rubbish, badly delivered by simpering cretins.

It all sounds suspiciously like it is aimed at the dimmest members of society. WM is bad, but it's really not as if the commercial alternatives are any better.

When i attain a Putin-like grip on the running of this country, one of the first things I will do is abolish it. I'll institute a radio channel that only delivers traffic reports (like that one for French motorways), and the likes of Paul "Call Me Franksy" Franks will find themselves up in front of a peoples' court on charges of being massive, massive bell ends.

You have my vote.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #962 on: March 10, 2015, 01:04:38 PM »
Local radio is dreadful.

You have my vote.

Benevolent dictators don't require votes.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #963 on: March 10, 2015, 01:21:24 PM »
Local radio is dreadful.

You cant say things like that, I'll get Ed Doolan on you,

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #964 on: March 10, 2015, 01:34:40 PM »
Tom would always fall for the same trick if Blues got relegated, failed to make the play offs or lost in the play offs.

They'd be a line of Noses ringing up to describe their broken hearts, probably the only time they didn't talk about Villa in their lives and then someone would ring up (normally 6th or 7th caller) and ask Tom how He (Tom) was feeling.

Tom would elucidate that he, like other Noses, was feeling the pain and drone on for a minute or so before said caller would laugh and shout some pro Villa comments at him. Very childish but quite amusing.

Offline Hev

« Reply #965 on: March 10, 2015, 01:57:11 PM »
Genuine question as I haven't listened to local radio for donkey's years - WM is embarrassingly poor for a BBC station and I can't stand listening to commercial radio a s I get ad rage - but is Tom Ross still active, and on which station? For a nose I always found him ok and someone who had a real passion for the game who you felt did it for the love of it.

In answer to your question - yes, Tom is still on - he's on Free Radio 80's Birmingham - on DAB or MW 1152.   I'm not sure if he's on FM sometimes too.    He does a good phone in show on a Monday night between 6 and 7 and has Ian Taylor on with him - yes for a Blooser, he is OK I think

Offline Hev

« Reply #966 on: March 10, 2015, 01:58:22 PM »
PS I'm not really a "Newbie" as it says - I joined years ago - just rarely post!  :)

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #967 on: March 10, 2015, 02:06:19 PM »
Not WM, but the Midlands Today bulletin at 10.30 carried an interview with the country's most senior football police officer. The Beeb claim that he warned the club about a derby with a Saturday evening kick off. So we have control over kick off times in a round when all four ties are televised live then.

The BBC gets more sensationalist by the week, or is Franksy now in charge of Midlands Today?

I was driving back down (from a meeting on the industrial estate behind the Hawthorns!) and heard that too. He was pretty emphatic in his comments that it was in no way a return to the dark ages.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #968 on: March 10, 2015, 02:19:10 PM »
Genuine question as I haven't listened to local radio for donkey's years - WM is embarrassingly poor for a BBC station and I can't stand listening to commercial radio a s I get ad rage - but is Tom Ross still active, and on which station? For a nose I always found him ok and someone who had a real passion for the game who you felt did it for the love of it.

In answer to your question - yes, Tom is still on - he's on Free Radio 80's Birmingham - on DAB or MW 1152.   I'm not sure if he's on FM sometimes too.    He does a good phone in show on a Monday night between 6 and 7 and has Ian Taylor on with him - yes for a Blooser, he is OK I think

Thanks, glad he's still working in the game. Decent bloke and good luck to him.

Offline somec

• GM : 01.08.2020
« Reply #969 on: March 10, 2015, 02:26:01 PM »
Tom would always fall for the same trick if Blues got relegated, failed to make the play offs or lost in the play offs.

They'd be a line of Noses ringing up to describe their broken hearts, probably the only time they didn't talk about Villa in their lives and then someone would ring up (normally 6th or 7th caller) and ask Tom how He (Tom) was feeling.

Tom would elucidate that he, like other Noses, was feeling the pain and drone on for a minute or so before said caller would laugh and shout some pro Villa comments at him. Very childish but quite amusing.

Does anyone remember the classic post play off defeat phone in when a young Villa supporting kid, under the age of 10 by the sound of his voice, played 'The laughing policeman' down the phone to Tom?

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #970 on: March 10, 2015, 02:40:14 PM »

Does anyone remember the classic post play off defeat phone in when a young Villa supporting kid, under the age of 10 by the sound of his voice, played 'The laughing policeman' down the phone to Tom?

I'm not one who likes to gloat, it has a very nasty habit of coming back and biting you on the arse, but, I would have loved to have heard that.  I'm laughing just thinking about it.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #971 on: March 10, 2015, 04:07:33 PM »
Local radio is dreadful.

Get in line pal.

Offline el león Benidorm

• GM : 28.05.2015
« Reply #972 on: March 10, 2015, 05:22:08 PM »
That's interesting if it was.  I like Liam, he's quite reasonable on here but when you read some of his posts over on their forum about the Villa his ingrained hatred of all things Claret and Blue really comes out.

I've pissed myself this week reading www.westbrom.com  Also they've hardly any posters.  Their World Cup Cricket thread for example is 1 page long while their post match thread is 9 about pages - can you imagine the length of ours in similar circumstances.  It would appear being a ''little club'' also extends to online forums too.

I have just perused their excuse for a forum.

After a crap day at work, there is living proof that cousins really should not marry!!

Cheer yourself up and have a look. It's hilarious.

Hot topics like who do you hate more Wolves or Villa

Six fingered fuckwits. Surely that twat Franksy has something to do with it.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #973 on: March 10, 2015, 05:32:02 PM »
That's interesting if it was.  I like Liam, he's quite reasonable on here but when you read some of his posts over on their forum about the Villa his ingrained hatred of all things Claret and Blue really comes out.

I've pissed myself this week reading www.westbrom.com  Also they've hardly any posters.  Their World Cup Cricket thread for example is 1 page long while their post match thread is 9 about pages - can you imagine the length of ours in similar circumstances.  It would appear being a ''little club'' also extends to online forums too.

I have just perused their excuse for a forum.

After a crap day at work, there is living proof that cousins really should not marry!!

Cheer yourself up and have a look. It's hilarious.

Hot topics like who do you hate more Wolves or Villa

Six fingered fuckwits. Surely that twat Franksy has something to do with it.

It's a bit harsh on Liam to expect him not to be different when he's on there versus when he's on here. Just human nature, surely?

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #974 on: March 10, 2015, 05:32:43 PM »

I've pissed myself this week reading www.westbrom.com  Also they've hardly any posters. 

They are some real strange types on there. Funny how there hasn't been a single post on the 'Seals watch - Anything Villa' thread since the 3rd of March. Strange.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal