collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 880002 times)

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
Re: Radio WM
« Reply #945 on: March 09, 2015, 09:10:29 PM »
If anyone who was there didn't like that atmosphere then maybe other games other than football might be better for them.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #946 on: March 09, 2015, 09:15:07 PM »
"Call me Franksy" just can't bring himself to criticise the Baggies.
He started the show off with "the gloss was taken off the win", and he more or less finished with it.

It's ready been mentioned, but the bit where the Albion fan said we deserved it, but Call Me Franksy had to chip in with "yeah but if Brown had scored". It made my football hating wife laugh.

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #947 on: March 09, 2015, 09:15:46 PM »
Frankinstine is as about articulate as the guy who sells the big issue outside the studio,

wait a minute.
Take that back.

I've spoken with some quite erudite Big Issue Sellers.

yes sorry my mistake, he was selling "tired and weary" 

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #948 on: March 09, 2015, 09:16:53 PM »
If anyone who was there didn't like that atmosphere then maybe other games other than football might be better for them.

Exactly.  Wasps only play down the A45 now so they've got no excuse.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #949 on: March 09, 2015, 09:58:19 PM »

Exactly.  Wasps only play down the A45 now so they've got no excuse.

I think chess, bridge or maybe croquet may be mire suited to some of these lick spittle journalists.

It's almost become a McCarthy or Rev. Harris hysteria where people rush to condemn pretty much nothing for fear of being condemned themselves.

"Hard on football suppoerters, hard on the causes of football supporters" to paraphrase an earlier puke inducing political catchphrase.

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #950 on: March 09, 2015, 10:15:18 PM »
My listening day is now complete with the return of Adrian 'Mr Albion' Goldberg to breakfast radio.Why don't they just broadcast from The Hawthorns?

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #951 on: March 09, 2015, 10:35:09 PM »
Not WM, but the Midlands Today bulletin at 10.30 carried an interview with the country's most senior football police officer. The Beeb claim that he warned the club about a derby with a Saturday evening kick off. So we have control over kick off times in a round when all four ties are televised live then.

The BBC gets more sensationalist by the week, or is Franksy now in charge of Midlands Today?

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #952 on: March 09, 2015, 10:44:57 PM »

Exactly. What kind of atmosphere did people expect at a local derby FA Cup quarter final? No one condones the stupid antics with seats and the like, but it was always going to be feisty. Anyone thinking otherwise hasn't been to enough matches or is incredibly naive.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #953 on: March 09, 2015, 11:48:59 PM »
WM are a complete and utter embarrasment nowadays.

I generally don't subscribe to the view there's an anti-Villa bias in the media. The simple truth is hardly anyone writes about us because we haven't been relevant these last few years and indeed we got plenty of praise with our british squad in the MON days.

I do however subscribe to the view that WM are bias against the biggest club on their patch and are always taking pot shots at us even now when we are winning games.

I have no issue with them debating the pitch invasions but letting callers on saying we should be thrown out of the cup when they know there is no chance of this happening is comical.

As I've said elsewhere when SHA invaded the pitch in 2010 they got fined 20k so that is the guide although it will probably be more with all this press.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #954 on: March 09, 2015, 11:53:50 PM »
Was that the arse who said he'd close the club down?
Liam from Bournville, you weren't even at the game so you knew nothing about the mood of the fans at the end.
A jubilant pitch invasion not a sinister aggressive one. Get a grip.

It was Liam the baggy who comes on here.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #955 on: March 10, 2015, 06:03:52 AM »
That's interesting if it was.  I like Liam, he's quite reasonable on here but when you read some of his posts over on their forum about the Villa his ingrained hatred of all things Claret and Blue really comes out.

I've pissed myself this week reading www.westbrom.com  Also they've hardly any posters.  Their World Cup Cricket thread for example is 1 page long while their post match thread is 9 about pages - can you imagine the length of ours in similar circumstances.  It would appear being a ''little club'' also extends to online forums too.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #956 on: March 10, 2015, 11:46:49 AM »
Genuine question as I haven't listened to local radio for donkey's years - WM is embarrassingly poor for a BBC station and I can't stand listening to commercial radio a s I get ad rage - but is Tom Ross still active, and on which station? For a nose I always found him ok and someone who had a real passion for the game who you felt did it for the love of it.

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
« Reply #957 on: March 10, 2015, 12:30:37 PM »
Genuine question as I haven't listened to local radio for donkey's years - WM is embarrassingly poor for a BBC station and I can't stand listening to commercial radio a s I get ad rage - but is Tom Ross still active, and on which station? For a nose I always found him ok and someone who had a real passion for the game who you felt did it for the love of it.

Tom "They break yer bleedin' 'art" Ross

I used to love the callers who rang his show and before he had chance to cut them off would spout a load of expletives. It enraged him.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #958 on: March 10, 2015, 12:32:17 PM »
That's interesting if it was.  I like Liam, he's quite reasonable on here but when you read some of his posts over on their forum about the Villa his ingrained hatred of all things Claret and Blue really comes out.

I've pissed myself this week reading www.westbrom.com  Also they've hardly any posters.  Their World Cup Cricket thread for example is 1 page long while their post match thread is 9 about pages - can you imagine the length of ours in similar circumstances.  It would appear being a ''little club'' also extends to online forums too.

Just had a look.
I particularly like this one on the Tony Pulis thread
Quote from: WestBrom.com
Still have nightmares about the Brendon Batson back pass. We do seem to exist only to be a charity for Aston Villa.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #959 on: March 10, 2015, 12:35:48 PM »

Tom "They break yer bleedin' 'art" Ross

I used to love the callers who rang his show and before he had chance to cut them off would spout a load of expletives. It enraged him.

It drrrrrrrrives yer barmy!

Also, his constant wittering on about any club from south of Watford being "big-time Charlies".

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal