collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 876796 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Radio WM
« Reply #885 on: March 08, 2015, 08:42:55 PM »
The whole "the media hate us" thing is utter nonsense.

They ignore us when we don't do anything of note, and they pay attention when we do. How many other clubs have had recent managers as media-loved as MON and Sherwood, for example?

If we start to do things and to get things right, they will pay attention. The reason they go on and on about London and the north west is that is where all the trophies go (rightly or wrongly).

If we won things, or started to look like we might, they'd pay us more attention.

However, that's the national media I am referring to. WM really, genuinely do hate us, you only need to listen for ten minutes to understand that. They absolutely love Albion and absolutely hate Villa.

They aren't a proper local radio station, they are an elaborate, BBC-funded trolling operation.

The BBC do this region a disservice by never spending any money here and by having a Birmingham operation that consists of a few secretaries and  the bloke who emails the Archers mp3 down to London every day, but they do the region even more damage by having that piss poor excuse for a radio station going out of its way to not support the region's only proper football club.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #886 on: March 08, 2015, 08:54:06 PM »

However, that's the national media I am referring to. WM really, genuinely do hate us, you only need to listen for ten minutes to understand that. They absolutely love Albion and absolutely hate Villa.

They aren't a proper local radio station, they are an elaborate, BBC-funded trolling operation.

This is true. I think the main problem is with the BBC who simply will not fire anybody, no matter how obviously incompetent. Radio WM is one example, Lawro & Pat Murphy are two others.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 09:34:26 PM by ciggiesnbeer »

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #887 on: March 08, 2015, 09:23:11 PM »
Yacob jumped in with both feet off the floor, and his right clear boshes and then scrapes down Bacuna. It was a foul, and a yellow card.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #888 on: March 08, 2015, 09:46:49 PM »
Yacob jumped in with both feet off the floor, and his right clear boshes and then scrapes down Bacuna. It was a foul, and a yellow card.

Was it fuck. I cheered it like a 30 yard screamer into the Holte net mind.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #889 on: March 08, 2015, 10:43:21 PM »
Watch it in slow mo, he comes down on his knee with both feet off the ground.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #890 on: March 08, 2015, 10:48:42 PM »
Good tackle, if he was one of ours Id have been incredulous, as it was hes a dirty argie bastard.

Offline glinch

« Reply #891 on: March 08, 2015, 11:42:05 PM »
Watch it in slow mo, he comes down on his knee with both feet off the ground.

I know this is the WM thread and its getting a little sidetracked but I have to disagree. If you have to watch it in slo mo to see both his feet off the ground its stretching it a bit. In slo mo a tackle can look a hell of a lot worse. He doesn't come down on his knee, he squares up firmly against the ball, trying to ensure its going to remain in his possession. The type of tackle you want to see your midfielders going in for, strong, and winning. In slo mo Bacuna goes over the ball with his leg and hits him. Was a firm block tackle by the baggies player for me.

If you see a replay, the refs reaction is a bit telling in my opinion.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #892 on: March 08, 2015, 11:44:15 PM »
It was absolutely nothing like a foul. There was absolutely zero reaction from the fans stood a few yards from it, either, nothing.

Lawrenson is a twat but he was right on that, if that's a yellow card then we might as well give up.

See also the Grealish sending off. Utter nonsense.

The ref totally lost it.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #893 on: March 09, 2015, 12:08:33 AM »
Good tackle, if he was one of ours Id have been incredulous, as it was hes a dirty argie bastard.

I again agree with your assessment.

The diplomatic service's loss is H & V's gain.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #894 on: March 09, 2015, 07:30:45 AM »
It was absolutely nothing like a foul. There was absolutely zero reaction from the fans stood a few yards from it, either, nothing.

Lawrenson is a twat but he was right on that, if that's a yellow card then we might as well give up.

See also the Grealish sending off. Utter nonsense.

The ref totally lost it.

The ref had an absolute mare. I don't know what experience of big games he has but he seemed overawed by the occasion. Stopping the game because a balloon had blown on to the pitch was farcical.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #895 on: March 09, 2015, 08:14:58 AM »

Nice try mate. No chance.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #896 on: March 09, 2015, 09:11:43 AM »
The ref had an absolute mare. I don't know what experience of big games he has but he seemed overawed by the occasion. Stopping the game because a balloon had blown on to the pitch was farcical.

Not as farcical as having all the balloons in the first place.

Were the balloons provided by the club. If so, that's a very small-time thing to do

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #897 on: March 09, 2015, 09:45:48 AM »

Nice try mate. No chance.

It was well disguised, but it's there. He seems to have previous for it as well.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #898 on: March 09, 2015, 09:47:53 AM »
It was a yellow all day for me.

Offline peter w

« Reply #899 on: March 09, 2015, 09:53:29 AM »
Why did he have to jump into the tackle? Bacuna slid for about 20 yards, slowed down and stopped a couple of yards from where yacob was. Anyway, I'd say it was a 50/50 call if Yacob hadn't apparently had previous for doing it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal