collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 876774 times)

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
Re: Radio WM
« Reply #870 on: March 08, 2015, 04:44:20 PM »
An unbiased match report... http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/updated-aston-villa-2-west-8794787

I wouldn't argue with too much of that, they bossed the first half and were mullered in the second. It wasnt a foul, let alone a red card and they missed two absolute sitters before being blown away when we decided to start playing.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #871 on: March 08, 2015, 04:50:47 PM »
Yeah but you're not allowed to sat that

You have to read anti villa bias into everything.

As shearer said at half time. West brom weren't great but they were competent and miles better than us

Then we blew them away in the second half. But it is true to say they missed two absolute sitters.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #872 on: March 08, 2015, 04:52:56 PM »

As shearer said at half time. West brom weren't great but they were competent and miles better than us

Then we blew them away in the second half. But it is true to say they missed two absolute sitters.
Yep agree with all of that.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #873 on: March 08, 2015, 05:06:12 PM »
I gave WM a chance on the way back y-day. Christ, never heard so much bias against us, mainly coming from Paul Franks. Never giving going to them again.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #874 on: March 08, 2015, 06:44:40 PM »
An unbiased match report... http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/updated-aston-villa-2-west-8794787

So the Yacob sending off was a Guildford 4 level miscarriage of justice but Grealish's doesn't merit any comment beyond the fact that it happened. Hmm.

On first viewing it looks nothing, but watch his right foot scrape down Bacuna's knee when you see it from behind.

The snidely twat.

There's no way that was a booking. He'd be doing well to scrape his foot down a players leg who's sliding in at that speed

I said at the time that it was the motion he made (ie a slight jump in) that caused the ref to make that decision. I don't think it warranted a foul on review and he should have been helped by his linesman. Also, it might be just the typical football thing of claiming everything, but our own bench reacted to that movement as well.

Offline Michel Sibble

• Wiibble.
« Reply #875 on: March 08, 2015, 06:46:40 PM »
It was a stamp, exactly the type of motion you'd do if you wanted to go in two footed. Fully justified card.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #876 on: March 08, 2015, 07:14:43 PM »
It was a stamp, exactly the type of motion you'd do if you wanted to go in two footed. Fully justified card.

Exactly. If it was a proper stamp it would've been a straight red. As it was a half hearted stamp he got a yellow. Reading the Albion forum he does it all the time and regularly gets yellow cards for it. Knowing this, and the fact he was already on a yellow, he deserved sending off for sheer stupidity alone.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #877 on: March 08, 2015, 07:37:15 PM »

Disagree Matt.  I thought they were clearly the better side in the first 20 or so minutes, only for us to get a foothold as the half went on without playing too well.  Even though they started brightly, they only created one clear cut chance. 

As for Shearer, well as we saw in the build up to the Newcastle game, the Geordie opinions on Villa are to be filed alongside those coming out of Small Heath and Sandwell. 

Offline Grande Pablo

« Reply #878 on: March 08, 2015, 07:44:37 PM »
Pearce or WM?  Radio 3 here I come.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #879 on: March 08, 2015, 07:45:32 PM »

Exactly. If it was a proper stamp it would've been a straight red. As it was a half hearted stamp he got a yellow. Reading the Albion forum he does it all the time and regularly gets yellow cards for it. Knowing this, and the fact he was already on a yellow, he deserved sending off for sheer stupidity alone.

He got booked on Tuesday night and continued fouling afterwards so he was lucky not to be suspended anyway.

Offline jcsutv

« Reply #880 on: March 08, 2015, 07:50:59 PM »

Disagree Matt.  I thought they were clearly the better side in the first 20 or so minutes, only for us to get a foothold as the half went on without playing too well.  Even though they started brightly, they only created one clear cut chance. 

As for Shearer, well as we saw in the build up to the Newcastle game, the Geordie opinions on Villa are to be filed alongside those coming out of Small Heath and Sandwell. 

Shearer is usually very quick to get behind Villa.  I think he is very objective where we are concerned and I agreed with his first half summary.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #881 on: March 08, 2015, 07:57:17 PM »
I see the stripeyfilth have issued a statement regarding yesterday. They thanked the majority of fans who behaved during difficult circumstances. I presume losing 2-0 is classed as difficult.

Offline glinch

« Reply #882 on: March 08, 2015, 08:03:05 PM »

He got booked on Tuesday night and continued fouling afterwards so he was lucky not to be suspended anyway.

I don't disagree that he has a bad reputation, but I don't think it was a foul. He goes in with the inside of his right foot firmly. I think everybody's reactions has got him sent off. If you watch the ref he actually begins to continue with the play then checks his movement.

I actually think Bacuna was at fault and feigned injury as he might have felt he was also. His right leg comes in high and hits the player.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #883 on: March 08, 2015, 08:25:43 PM »

I actually think Bacuna was at fault and feigned injury as he might have felt he was also. His right leg comes in high and hits the player.

I think thats right. Bacuna was playing up being hurt to try and avoid getting carded himself. I imagine he was as amazed as anyone when he saw the refs decision.

The ref had a terrible game but I am not sure it influenced the result. We were well on top at that point anyway.

Offline glinch

« Reply #884 on: March 08, 2015, 08:37:32 PM »
Yeah, I would say he was glad to blow that final whistle and get out of B6! The pitch invasion has did him a favour in the end up.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal