collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 879527 times)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Radio WM
« Reply #825 on: March 04, 2015, 10:13:13 PM »
If you want to read how bitter Baggie Bill is, have a look at his twitter page. It's a bit embarrassing really.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 10:14:48 PM by Clampy »

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #826 on: March 04, 2015, 10:14:06 PM »
It's sad that newspapers have to resort to such obvious provocation to get hits now.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #827 on: March 04, 2015, 10:16:36 PM »
I take it Sherwoods little jibe hit a raw nerve then :D

Get in there Tim.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #828 on: March 04, 2015, 10:29:19 PM »
It's not just WM who are hurting.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/comment-bill-howell-west-broms-8768071#rlabs=4

Scary that passes for journalism, reads more like the transcript of a bitter drunks voicemail message. 

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #829 on: March 04, 2015, 10:56:48 PM »
Bill Howell has always been a cock. Nothing changes.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #830 on: March 04, 2015, 11:04:50 PM »
We were the better team. We deservedly won. Their keeper cocked up. We could easily have had a man sent off. We could also have easily had another penalty awarded earlier in the game.

The End.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #831 on: March 05, 2015, 01:48:48 AM »
I didn't hear any disrespect for it from The Holte.

On the contrary, I heard and saw quite a few people in the Holte joining in with the applause.  To be honest I had completely forgotten about it and it was only when I saw the banner in the away end that I remembered.  Without wishing to sound unkind or disrespectful to Jeff Astle and his family, I suspect this is the reason they do it - so they can claim some kind of moral superiority. 

Online tomd2103

« Reply #832 on: March 05, 2015, 01:59:28 AM »
Franksey has spent most of the hour saying that Hutton should have been sent off.

I listened for a few minutes on the way to the game last night.  Someone phoned in and he was a Villa fan from Birmingham but now lived in Ireland and had been for a number of years.  He said that he was over for the week and had gone to get a ticket for the game last night, but had been refused as the only game on his booking history was the Albion game last season.  He said that the people at the club had explained the situation to him, but of course this was music to Franksy's ears and off he started about what a disgrace it was, mentioning a number of times of course that only 31,000 tickets had been sold.  I switched over at that point, only to go back a few minutes later and he was still talking about it.  He's obsessed.         

Offline astonvillan

« Reply #833 on: March 05, 2015, 02:17:44 AM »
It's not just WM who are hurting.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/comment-bill-howell-west-broms-8768071#rlabs=4

If you could be arsed to draw up a list of the bitterest, small minded, paranoid arseholes with access to a  typewriter, Baggie Bill wouldnt be far off the top.

We know what you are. A c***.

He gets quite a few digs in at the Villa. Strangely enough, I don't remember him saying the same when he was travelling around the world writing about us.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/video-aston-villa-2-west-8764757

Comment from Bill...

"Can I just say I hate Villa more now than when I turned up"

Also features Gregg Evans - our reporter, an Albion supporter and a supremely odd looking chap. The Midlands media scene is infested with the sad, bitter birds. Bless.

Online GarTomas

« Reply #834 on: March 05, 2015, 02:33:52 AM »
His own admission is Villa should of been 3 up at half time but then it's s travesty at the end.

Does he understand these big words he's using?

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #835 on: March 05, 2015, 06:46:22 AM »
I've read the articles and watched the video expecting to see a load of deluded nonsense rewriting the game narrative

I really don't see what all the fuss is about. Both agreed we deserved a win. Bill made a joke about hating villa. Would we feel affronted if kendrick made a joke about hating blues? Who cares?

Offline big 1st serve

« Reply #836 on: March 05, 2015, 07:09:48 AM »
Bill Howell, file under no mark local reporter; See Colin Twattum

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #837 on: March 05, 2015, 07:18:18 AM »
I didn't hear any disrespect for it from The Holte.

On the contrary, I heard and saw quite a few people in the Holte joining in with the applause.  To be honest I had completely forgotten about it and it was only when I saw the banner in the away end that I remembered.  Without wishing to sound unkind or disrespectful to Jeff Astle and his family, I suspect this is the reason they do it - so they can claim some kind of moral superiority. 

I think it's only meant to be for this season, but it wouldn't surprise me if they dragged it into next season as well.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #838 on: March 05, 2015, 08:00:51 AM »
What a twat, how many tickets have we sold now? I heard the holte is full, wouldn't surprise me as you can't buy tickets

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #839 on: March 05, 2015, 08:10:44 AM »
What a twat, how many tickets have we sold now? I heard the holte is full, wouldn't surprise me as you can't buy tickets

I got 2 yesterday in the Upper Trinity. Nothing available in the Holte

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal