collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 879554 times)

Offline Matt Collins

Re: Radio WM
« Reply #705 on: December 29, 2014, 07:06:09 PM »
We probably know the answer - as is often said on here, there can't be another local radio station in the country as critical of their biggest club as WM are.   A loaded question such as "Are Villa the dullest team in the Premier League?" encourages a dozen "yes" replies and no further thinking required. "Villa are sound defensively, how can they improve their goalscoring?" might actually lead to some rational debate.

Every thread on here is full of people complaining about how dull we are. And we must be one of the dullest sides in the league - along with sunderland I'd say.

So I don't see why people get so antagonised by the media making the same claim

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #706 on: December 29, 2014, 07:08:05 PM »
Did anybody hear Antony the last villa fan caller tonight.... Deary me I nearly wet myself.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #707 on: December 29, 2014, 07:13:19 PM »
We probably know the answer - as is often said on here, there can't be another local radio station in the country as critical of their biggest club as WM are.   A loaded question such as "Are Villa the dullest team in the Premier League?" encourages a dozen "yes" replies and no further thinking required. "Villa are sound defensively, how can they improve their goalscoring?" might actually lead to some rational debate.

Every thread on here is full of people complaining about how dull we are. And we must be one of the dullest sides in the league - along with sunderland I'd say.

Half the league are terrible to watch.

West Brom are dull as dishwater to watch but because they're inept at defending you get games like QPR 3-2 WBA which makes them "exciting." You won't get Paul Franks stating that though.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #708 on: December 29, 2014, 08:36:00 PM »
If we were halfway as competent going forwards as we are at the back, then we'd be fifth or something daft. When a team as poor as Spurs can spawn their way to the top half, it beggars belief at how poor the league is.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #709 on: December 29, 2014, 08:37:05 PM »
"Franksy" is an absolute fucking idiot.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #710 on: December 29, 2014, 08:44:19 PM »
I haven't listened to WM on match day for probably 25 years.  Do they still play that horn sound and 'It's a goal!' before, you guessed it, a goal?

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #711 on: December 29, 2014, 08:50:55 PM »
I haven't listened to WM on match day for probably 25 years.  Do they still play that horn sound and 'It's a goal!' before, you guessed it, a goal?

Not many horns going off lately then

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #712 on: December 29, 2014, 08:53:22 PM »

Speak for yourself.

Offline LTA

« Reply #713 on: December 29, 2014, 09:05:20 PM »

To be fair, there are few other areas in the country where the leading club is run in such as half-arsed and amateurish way. We have an absentee owner, a CEO who clearly believes in fairy tales and an appalling manager who seems unsackable.   The fact that - even after 4 seasons of dross - we are still the leading club on WM's patch shows how inept all of our clubs have become in recent seasons

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #714 on: December 30, 2014, 12:32:19 AM »

Speak for yourself.

Definitely NSFW or probably most other places without earphones.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #715 on: December 30, 2014, 09:42:38 AM »

To be fair, there are few other areas in the country where the leading club is run in such as half-arsed and amateurish way. We have an absentee owner, a CEO who clearly believes in fairy tales and an appalling manager who seems unsackable.   The fact that - even after 4 seasons of dross - we are still the leading club on WM's patch shows how inept all of our clubs have become in recent seasons

A CEO who clearly believes in fairy tales? Would you care to elaborate?

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #716 on: December 30, 2014, 09:53:08 AM »

I think we get embarrassed by our abysmal goal scoring record and general play o er the last 4 seasons. i am

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #717 on: December 30, 2014, 10:49:52 AM »

I think we get embarrassed by our abysmal goal scoring record and general play o er the last 4 seasons. i am

If only we had a thread to talk about it on.

Offline LTA

« Reply #718 on: December 30, 2014, 11:04:25 PM »

A CEO who clearly believes in fairy tales? Would you care to elaborate?

I'd say suggesting we can challenge for a Europa League spot under Lambert is a bit of a fantasy.  Theres nothing we've seen under his reign to suggest he's capable.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #719 on: December 31, 2014, 05:01:41 AM »
I agree with you LTA. The thing that worries me,is that Learner and Fox i believe think its actually possible under this clueless manager

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal