collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 879916 times)

Offline Leighton

• Location: Walsall Wood. Home of the protesting Jesus on a telegraph pole.
Re: Radio WM
« Reply #615 on: October 01, 2014, 12:05:24 AM »

I've never seen Dad's Army 😮. I don't think It's aimed at me though.

Dad's Army is aimed at anybody who has ever smiled. Still as funny and great to watch now as it was all those years ago in the 70's.

Not sure I like the idea of the new movie version though. I'm still reeling about that Steve Martin dog awful attempt at Sgt Bilko.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #616 on: October 01, 2014, 12:26:08 AM »
I was having a look in one of the card shops in town on Saturday and thy had a display of Dad's Army merchandise including a pair of claret and blue gloves (i'm pretty sure they were gloves) with "Don't tell him Pike" on them.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #617 on: October 01, 2014, 12:39:28 AM »
How many Villa players would get in the mighty, mighty Albion side eh?

I reckon Lescott and Berahino, maybe Sessegnon would get in ours.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #618 on: October 01, 2014, 12:49:56 AM »
Sessegnon is like Zog, massively inconsistent. Berahino is the only one of their players i'd love to have. I quite like Mulumbu as well, but no idea if he is still playing well or not.

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #619 on: October 01, 2014, 08:59:57 AM »
in the case of berry berry yes his had a couple of good games, so I wouldnt be so hasty, Gabbys already had a couple of good games this season.

Offline LTA

« Reply #620 on: October 01, 2014, 08:27:59 PM »
I don't listen to wm that often, but I did tonight.  Christ it never changes does it.

Its amazing the number of times the "how many villa players would get in the Albion side" argument gets trotted out.  Things are far from perfect at villa at the moment, but it always seems to be the same people calling up.  Its almost like they have their numbers on record and think, "he's a miserable sod, lets have him on"

Then we get Dennis, who still keeps asking why Lambert wont pick Stephen Warnock........

Offline kiddylion

« Reply #621 on: October 02, 2014, 02:09:07 PM »
I don't listen to wm that often, but I did tonight.  Christ it never changes does it.

Its amazing the number of times the "how many villa players would get in the Albion side" argument gets trotted out.  Things are far from perfect at villa at the moment, but it always seems to be the same people calling up.  Its almost like they have their numbers on record and think, "he's a miserable sod, lets have him on"

Then we get Dennis, who still keeps asking why Lambert wont pick Stephen Warnock........

Yeah I heard that,brilliant we're still paying Warnock he's out on loan apparently,he's been gone nearly 2 years!!!
We've got an average crowd of 30+ thousand but the only 5 villa fans who ever ring in are Dennis,that Alan bloke who's obviously just a WUM,Jason the taxi driver,Dave from Bloxwich & Si the boy/girl who never goes!!!
I always listen though for the comedy value

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #622 on: October 02, 2014, 02:13:01 PM »

Yeah I heard that,brilliant we're still paying Warnock he's out on loan apparently,he's been gone nearly 2 years!!!
We've got an average crowd of 30+ thousand but the only 5 villa fans who ever ring in are Dennis,that Alan bloke who's obviously just a WUM,Jason the taxi driver,Dave from Bloxwich & Si the boy/girl who never goes!!!

Ah Si. The boy/girl who never goes. On the odd occasion that I catch the football phone in on WM and Si rings in, I always picture Lauren Harries.

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #623 on: October 02, 2014, 04:41:29 PM »

Ah Si. The boy/girl who never goes. On the odd occasion that I catch the football phone in on WM and Si rings in, I always picture Lauren Harries.

Surely just a screechy lad...the morning after 'Bradford' on the Chris Evans show they played a clip of him from the night before's 606....nearly crashed the car when they said 'she doesn't sound happy does she' - saying that if he/she ever pops up on the phone in I instantly switch off as I end up shouting at the radio

Offline LTA

« Reply #624 on: October 02, 2014, 07:34:07 PM »
I think Si was the one who said we should boycott the club last season. 

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #625 on: October 02, 2014, 07:42:17 PM »
Si and Wolfie sound suitably eccentric Villans

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #626 on: October 02, 2014, 07:44:08 PM »
I heard a bit driving down from The North the other day.
Listened to about 30 seconds worth and changed to TalkSport. Far more entertaining, and that's the problem, really.

The really irritating aspect of this is that I would like a decent radio station to tune into whenever I'm in the Midlands, and I'm sure that lots of other people would, too.This is representative of the area, apparently. Not the area I grew up in, when I remember the great days of BRMB, early 70's!

WM is totally embarrassing.
Can't Sir Albert do anything since clearly the BBC don't give a flying?

Offline Leighton

• Location: Walsall Wood. Home of the protesting Jesus on a telegraph pole.
« Reply #627 on: October 02, 2014, 09:02:37 PM »
Apparently, Si is blind. Not sure if a man or woman though. Always sounds like a patronising little Tory boy teen to me.

Offline LTA

« Reply #628 on: October 02, 2014, 09:55:17 PM »
I heard a bit driving down from The North the other day.
Listened to about 30 seconds worth and changed to TalkSport. Far more entertaining, and that's the problem, really.

WM can be entertaining in the sense of tuning in to listen to some of the comedians that call up.  I'm lead to believe their listening figures are miles behind Tom Ross.  At least with him you know where you stand - you know he's a blues fan, but last he's honest/brave enough to admit it while backing all the other local sides too.  I think the only one at WM to admit to who he supports is Daz Hale - in fact always seemed to shoehorn Wolves into any topic.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #629 on: October 02, 2014, 10:12:50 PM »
Dear Auntie Agatha,
My sister texts me almost every game saying she will listen in on WM...
I've always worried about her doing this but she seems fine with it.
Advice please...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal