collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Lille vs Aston Villa - Conf League QF 2nd leg - pre match chatter by usav
[Today at 01:44:55 PM]

NSWE Investment by Risso
[Today at 01:36:00 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Drummond
[Today at 01:34:59 PM]

Nicoḷ Zaniolo SIGNED (on loan) by coreyfeldman
[Today at 01:30:38 PM]

Arsenal 0-2 Aston Villa Post match interaction by Monty
[Today at 01:25:56 PM]

Champions League Contention by LeeS
[Today at 12:58:21 PM]

Celebrity Fans. What's The Point? by AV82EC
[Today at 12:48:30 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Drummond
[Today at 12:42:16 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 879552 times)

Offline edgysatsuma89

Re: Radio WM
« Reply #585 on: September 10, 2014, 05:57:25 PM »
It was an odd one. He came across in parts okay, defensive, prickly and patronising. I got the overall impression that if you met him and talked you'd find him decent enough but he'd get arsey if you disagreed with him.

That's kind of what i was expecting.

Who have you interviewed and disliked the most? Or shall we say the most 'prickly'?

I'm always intrigued by this sort of thing. I never take anyone's opinion of a fellow showbiz counterpart but rather the not so famous. I don't like Bruce Forsyth, and apparently he is a dick, same person said Ronnie Corbett is a dick. Shirley Bassey was a right bitch to an old chef pal. And for those with kiddies ... Mr Tumble. The face you want to smack, is a massive prick. I know someone who works in a special needs school and he was a bellend diva apparently. Obviously could have been off days etc, but that's boring. I'll stick with my rhetoric.

I've never interviewed anyone who I instantly disliked. If they're good enough to take the time to talk I'm grateful for that. There's been two or three spectacularly great ones, though. Ian Lavender, who I was in awe of as I love Dad's Army, Michaela Strachan who is beyond lovely and surprisingly Jasper Carrott, who I thought would run through a perfunctory plug the tour few minutes but turned out to be a very nice, intelligent bloke who ended up chatting for ages about mutual acquaintances, football, the outside perception of Birmingham and just about everything.

Got to love Michaela Strachan, she always seems incredibly nice. My dad heckled jasper once (he is embarrassing), but he put him down very politely. I cringed big time.
I've never seen Dad's Army 😮. I don't think It's aimed at me though.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #586 on: September 10, 2014, 06:58:33 PM »
It was an odd one. He came across in parts okay, defensive, prickly and patronising. I got the overall impression that if you met him and talked you'd find him decent enough but he'd get arsey if you disagreed with him.

Who have you interviewed and disliked the most? Or shall we say the most 'prickly'?

I'm always intrigued by this sort of thing. I never take anyone's opinion of a fellow showbiz counterpart but rather the not so famous. I don't like Bruce Forsyth, and apparently he is a dick, same person said Ronnie Corbett is a dick. Shirley Bassey was a right bitch to an old chef pal. And for those with kiddies ... Mr Tumble. The face you want to smack, is a massive prick. I know someone who works in a special needs school and he was a bellend diva apparently. Obviously could have been off days etc, but that's boring. I'll stick with my rhetoric.

I've never interviewed anyone who I instantly disliked. If they're good enough to take the time to talk I'm grateful for that. There's been two or three spectacularly great ones, though. Ian Lavender, who I was in awe of as I love Dad's Army, Michaela Strachan who is beyond lovely and surprisingly Jasper Carrott, who I thought would run through a perfunctory plug the tour few minutes but turned out to be a very nice, intelligent bloke who ended up chatting for ages about mutual acquaintances, football, the outside perception of Birmingham and just about everything. 

I don't mind Jasper Carrott. I know people who know him well and they say he's a very nice chap. I love his early stand up stuff as well.
'so I was up the blues on Saturday, and I said to the bloke standing next to me...OOOIIIIII'

But....had they got any cowin Bovril?

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #587 on: September 10, 2014, 07:28:58 PM »
On the way home and against my better judgment, I thought I would have a listen to the phone-in with "Franksy" on WM.  I kid you not, the first words I heard him speak after tuning in were, "so who would you rather have in your midfield - Delph or Craig Gardner?".  Is he just on a massive wind up?   

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #588 on: September 11, 2014, 08:24:20 PM »
I think you've just answered your own question.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #589 on: September 12, 2014, 09:58:59 PM »
Was listening to five live tonight with Emile Heskey and others. Couple of interesting remarks

Heskey agreed with mark chapman that the villa park crowd was one of the hardest or most changeable to play before. He said we didn't boo, just went unbearably quiet! To be fair, we've had to put up with a lot of shit. There's definitely some truth in this

Also said that under MON gabby and young used to have a pretty casual attitude to training. But this was tolerated as they were carrying us at the time.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #590 on: September 12, 2014, 10:49:00 PM »
I think MON had a fairly casual attitude to training to be fair.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #591 on: September 13, 2014, 02:40:13 AM »
On the way home and against my better judgment, I thought I would have a listen to the phone-in with "Franksy" on WM.  I kid you not, the first words I heard him speak after tuning in were, "so who would you rather have in your midfield - Delph or ?".  Is he just on a massive wind up?   

He was asking people to call in about it, the majority went for Delph. As for Craig Gardner he isn't as bad as some us make out. I like the football show it's a good listen.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #592 on: September 13, 2014, 08:05:35 AM »
Heskey agreed with mark chapman that the villa park crowd was one of the hardest or most changeable to play before. He said we didn't boo, just went unbearably quiet! To be fair, we've had to put up with a lot of shit. There's definitely some truth in this

He's got some neck, given his scoring record he'd have been slaughtered at most grounds, we were just disappointed.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #593 on: September 13, 2014, 09:33:22 AM »
That's bullshit. The emirates and mould Trafford are usually deathly quiet places . Villa park is one of the few grounds left with a "real" atmosphere.

Offline peter w

« Reply #594 on: September 13, 2014, 12:22:06 PM »
Not just those grounds but any ground where the team is losing often you tend to get resigned silence. If we won more then we'd sing more, or have a buzz around the ground.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #595 on: September 13, 2014, 12:23:49 PM »
Villa Park can be quiet. In fact, it can be quieter than just about anywhere. But on the big occasion there's nowhere like it.

Offline peter w

« Reply #596 on: September 13, 2014, 12:25:39 PM »
How can you possibly know that, though? Unless you have been to as many games at other grounds as you have Villa Park?

Offline Big Dick Edwards

« Reply #597 on: September 13, 2014, 08:33:52 PM »
Villa Park can be quiet. In fact, it can be quieter than just about anywhere. But on the big occasion there's nowhere like it.

How quiet was the legendary Anfield and the super fans of Liverpool tonight?

Offline Damo70

« Reply #598 on: September 14, 2014, 04:21:31 PM »

I was knocking around on my bike as an eleven year old and one of the other neighbourhood kids said his dad was mates with Jasper Carrott and he was visiting their house that night. We didn't believe him. Then he turned up in a white Jag XJS just like The Saint drove on TV at the time. I was impressed.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #599 on: September 14, 2014, 04:26:11 PM »
Slagging of mr Tumble, is that not a banning offence ?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal