collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:51:04 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:50:22 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:48:48 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:44:10 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Exeter 77
[Today at 06:32:41 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Villa in Denmark
[Today at 06:32:28 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:32:23 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Paul.S
[Today at 06:29:35 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 876839 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Radio WM
« Reply #570 on: September 03, 2014, 08:35:29 PM »
How did WM and Franksey view the transfer window?

Was it "crisis club Villa panic buy 6 players" and "forward thinking WBA complete 10 transfer coups" Am I along the right lines?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #571 on: September 08, 2014, 11:03:33 AM »
I do have a bit of sympathy with less on that one. He's from the seventies school of wacky, zany presenters and Hardeep has the image of being a bit of an eejit so Les was bound to do it light-heartedly. He should have had the ability by now to turn it round once he saw which way it was going but it wasn't really his fault when Hardeep decided he wanted to be taken seriously.

That Hardeep bloke is a prat. Fair play to Ross for not giving two hoots about him.

How does he come across in this?

http://thebirminghampress.com/2014/09/fool-for-your-lovin/

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #572 on: September 08, 2014, 11:12:48 AM »
I've got to be honest, i've never heard of him.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #573 on: September 08, 2014, 11:16:42 AM »
The picture of him at the top was clearly taken at Blackpool Pleasure Beach. Opposite the log flume.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #574 on: September 08, 2014, 02:45:33 PM »
I do have a bit of sympathy with less on that one. He's from the seventies school of wacky, zany presenters and Hardeep has the image of being a bit of an eejit so Les was bound to do it light-heartedly. He should have had the ability by now to turn it round once he saw which way it was going but it wasn't really his fault when Hardeep decided he wanted to be taken seriously.

That Hardeep bloke is a prat. Fair play to Ross for not giving two hoots about him.

I cannot stand the bloke, but that's not difficult from me. I don't find him remotely funny, different humours and all that, but is he being serious?:

'The thing is that there’s a lot of shit telly now, whereas when I was on it seemed to be more meaningful.'

I obviously have an agenda, a bias, so i think 'what a cock', but if it's tongue in cheek then it's not so bad. He's right there is a lot of shit on telly, especially when he pops up on it.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #575 on: September 09, 2014, 08:45:40 AM »

I cannot stand the bloke, but that's not difficult from me. I don't find him remotely funny, different humours and all that, but is he being serious?:

'The thing is that there’s a lot of shit telly now, whereas when I was on it seemed to be more meaningful.'

I obviously have an agenda, a bias, so i think 'what a cock', but if it's tongue in cheek then it's not so bad. He's right there is a lot of shit on telly, especially when he pops up on it.

He did a studio interview when the Commonwealth Games was on in Glasgow and was doing one of those over the top man of the people I really understand the soul and meaning of the place like a right pretentious arsehole until the presenter asked him where he lived and he said Edinburgh. The lack of shame in his reply made me guffaw with laughter and just made him look a complete dick.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #576 on: September 09, 2014, 08:49:24 AM »
As I said his brother @govindajeggy is a much nicer and funnier human being.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #577 on: September 09, 2014, 09:30:14 AM »
It was an odd one. He came across in parts okay, defensive, prickly and patronising. I got the overall impression that if you met him and talked you'd find him decent enough but he'd get arsey if you disagreed with him.

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #578 on: September 09, 2014, 09:32:38 AM »
Why does he have such a high opinion of himself? Who is he?

Offline Damo70

« Reply #579 on: September 09, 2014, 09:35:39 AM »
Show some respect Olney. Dave is an editor, moderator, author and journalist. ;)

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #580 on: September 09, 2014, 09:37:54 AM »
Show some respect Olney. Dave is an editor, moderator, author and journalist. ;)

Ha.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #581 on: September 09, 2014, 11:54:13 PM »
It was an odd one. He came across in parts okay, defensive, prickly and patronising. I got the overall impression that if you met him and talked you'd find him decent enough but he'd get arsey if you disagreed with him.

That's kind of what i was expecting.

Who have you interviewed and disliked the most? Or shall we say the most 'prickly'?

I'm always intrigued by this sort of thing. I never take anyone's opinion of a fellow showbiz counterpart but rather the not so famous. I don't like Bruce Forsyth, and apparently he is a dick, same person said Ronnie Corbett is a dick. Shirley Bassey was a right bitch to an old chef pal. And for those with kiddies ... Mr Tumble. The face you want to smack, is a massive prick. I know someone who works in a special needs school and he was a bellend diva apparently. Obviously could have been off days etc, but that's boring. I'll stick with my rhetoric.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #582 on: September 10, 2014, 12:00:18 AM »

Who have you interviewed and disliked the most? Or shall we say the most 'prickly'?

I'm always intrigued by this sort of thing. I never take anyone's opinion of a fellow showbiz counterpart but rather the not so famous. I don't like Bruce Forsyth, and apparently he is a dick, same person said Ronnie Corbett is a dick. Shirley Bassey was a right bitch to an old chef pal. And for those with kiddies ... Mr Tumble. The face you want to smack, is a massive prick. I know someone who works in a special needs school and he was a bellend diva apparently. Obviously could have been off days etc, but that's boring. I'll stick with my rhetoric.

I've never interviewed anyone who I instantly disliked. If they're good enough to take the time to talk I'm grateful for that. There's been two or three spectacularly great ones, though. Ian Lavender, who I was in awe of as I love Dad's Army, Michaela Strachan who is beyond lovely and surprisingly Jasper Carrott, who I thought would run through a perfunctory plug the tour few minutes but turned out to be a very nice, intelligent bloke who ended up chatting for ages about mutual acquaintances, football, the outside perception of Birmingham and just about everything. 

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #583 on: September 10, 2014, 08:45:25 AM »

I've never interviewed anyone who I instantly disliked. If they're good enough to take the time to talk I'm grateful for that. There's been two or three spectacularly great ones, though. Ian Lavender, who I was in awe of as I love Dad's Army, Michaela Strachan who is beyond lovely and surprisingly Jasper Carrott, who I thought would run through a perfunctory plug the tour few minutes but turned out to be a very nice, intelligent bloke who ended up chatting for ages about mutual acquaintances, football, the outside perception of Birmingham and just about everything. 

I don't mind Jasper Carrott. I know people who know him well and they say he's a very nice chap. I love his early stand up stuff as well.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #584 on: September 10, 2014, 12:36:14 PM »

I don't mind Jasper Carrott. I know people who know him well and they say he's a very nice chap. I love his early stand up stuff as well.
'so I was up the blues on Saturday, and I said to the bloke standing next to me...OOOIIIIII'

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal