collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 877010 times)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Radio WM
« Reply #555 on: September 03, 2014, 08:46:56 AM »
Richie Anderson joined us on our coach once for an away game for WM and got all our predictions before we set off. He's a pinstripeyfilth fan but besides that, a nice enough chap.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #556 on: September 03, 2014, 08:48:15 AM »
The WM sports bulletin this morning at about 7.30 literally did not even mention that we had signed Tom Cleverley. The main headline was that Jeremy Peace was pleased that the pinstripeyfilth had not left their transfer dealings until the last minute this window unlike last year.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #557 on: September 03, 2014, 09:38:02 AM »
The WM sports bulletin this morning at about 7.30 literally did not even mention that we had signed Tom Cleverley. The main headline was that Jeremy Peace was pleased that the pinstripeyfilth had not left their transfer dealings until the last minute this window unlike last year.

Flicking through the stations on the way home from work last night, I caught some bloke talking about them on the WM phone saying "some people are talking about Pulis.  We'm Albion. Everyone knows we play proper football".  Talk about delusional.     

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #558 on: September 03, 2014, 10:34:23 AM »

Flicking through the stations on the way home from work last night, I caught some bloke talking about them on the WM phone saying "some people are talking about Pulis.  We'm Albion. Everyone knows we play proper football".  Talk about delusional.     

So 3 games into the season the loyal best fans in the West Midlands are already calling phone ins talking about replacing their manager.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #559 on: September 03, 2014, 10:42:21 AM »
I never defend the Albion but most did not want the manager in the first place

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #560 on: September 03, 2014, 11:05:29 AM »

True, but even so, it seems a bit sad that they only give him three games to prove himself.

Look at how little we wanted McLeish, and he got months.

Online Clampy

« Reply #561 on: September 03, 2014, 11:12:57 AM »
I think everyone thought it was an odd appointment, not just their fans. Judging by how long they gave Mel P, he wont be there very long if they don't improve.

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #562 on: September 03, 2014, 11:30:36 AM »
I'd just like to say, I have always found Adrian Goldberg to be an absolute cock.

He was a couple of years above me at school. He was a cock then and is a cock now.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #563 on: September 03, 2014, 12:43:46 PM »

It was more the "we'm Albion" comment that got me.  They really do have such an over inflated opinion of themselves. 

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #564 on: September 03, 2014, 03:46:53 PM »
'We'm Albion.'  Pricks.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #565 on: September 03, 2014, 03:56:57 PM »
I'd just like to say, I have always found Adrian Goldberg to be an absolute cock.

An excellent journalist, although I did write some stuff for his website a few years ago so I am somewhat biased.

However, as far as football is concerned, apart from his support for Sandwell, he retains a soft spot for Small Heath and as such plenty of disdain for Aston Villa, so from that point of view he is, indeed, a cock as you say.

Offline Lee

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/BlackCountryVilla/
  • GM : Jul, 2014
« Reply #566 on: September 03, 2014, 04:57:32 PM »
Richie Anderson joined us on our coach once for an away game for WM and got all our predictions before we set off. He's a pinstripeyfilth fan but besides that, a nice enough chap.

.. look at his tweets. Constantly on about us rather than that tinpot outfit from Handsworth.

Offline Lee

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/BlackCountryVilla/
  • GM : Jul, 2014
« Reply #567 on: September 03, 2014, 05:01:19 PM »

If that's the BC coach (which I think it is), it's a good job he never showed his cards. He might have been straight out the Emergency exit.

Offline AGRIPPA

« Reply #568 on: September 03, 2014, 06:42:16 PM »
Does Ish ever pop on WM nowadays....????

Online Clampy

« Reply #569 on: September 03, 2014, 06:45:39 PM »

If that's the BC coach (which I think it is), it's a good job he never showed his cards. He might have been straight out the Emergency exit.

Yes, it was and no he didn't (at least i don't think he did anyway).

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal