collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 880029 times)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Radio WM
« Reply #540 on: September 01, 2014, 12:35:45 PM »
Les Ross was never one for interviews anyway. Talking to Millie on Ring and Sing was more his thing (older members of our community will understand this).

I was out and about for the first part of yesterdays game, Rob Gurney was on WM, sounding like a Coventry fan would at Villa Park.

Free 80's was bizarre, they obviously don't have the rights for full coverage so did updates in between Bon Jovi, Mr Mister and Owen Paul. It sounded very odd.

In fairness to Free Radio, unlike the BBC they don't have the taxpayers money to buy the rights to commentaries which i presume are extremely expensive.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #541 on: September 01, 2014, 12:37:14 PM »
Les Ross was never one for interviews anyway. Talking to Millie on Ring and Sing was more his thing (older members of our community will understand this).

I was out and about for the first part of yesterdays game, Rob Gurney was on WM, sounding like a Coventry fan would at Villa Park.

Free 80's was bizarre, they obviously don't have the rights for full coverage so did updates in between Bon Jovi, Mr Mister and Owen Paul. It sounded very odd.

In fairness to Free Radio, unlike the BBC they don't have the taxpayers money to buy the rights to commentaries which i presume are extremely expensive.

They've got a lot more money than BBC local radio have.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #542 on: September 01, 2014, 12:40:17 PM »

They've got a lot more money than BBC local radio have.

Really? Mind you, there's advertising on there I suppose. Tom is getting a lot of stick off other supporters for his lack of commentaries. I think you can guess which ones.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #543 on: September 01, 2014, 10:17:54 PM »
No chance, a commercial station is run on a shoestring compared to a bbc station. Just look at their sports team and coverage of cricket, speedway let alone the football. TR for all his faults does a pretty good job, he is free's sport dept.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #544 on: September 01, 2014, 11:27:47 PM »
BBC local radio closes down at 7pm unless there's a football match on. They're skint.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #545 on: September 01, 2014, 11:31:38 PM »
No chance, a commercial station is run on a shoestring compared to a bbc station. Just look at their sports team and coverage of cricket, speedway let alone the football. TR for all his faults does a pretty good job, he is free's sport dept.

Look at the staff elsewhere. Commercial radio is based around Monday-Friday; weekends are the BBC's big time.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #546 on: September 01, 2014, 11:35:17 PM »

I think it's the other way around to be honest. BBC WM is a shoestring operation. Just look at some of the utter fucking idiots they have to employ for starters. Who'd pay proper money for the likes of them?

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #547 on: September 01, 2014, 11:38:47 PM »

I think it's the other way around to be honest. BBC WM is a shoestring operation. Just look at some of the utter fucking idiots they have to employ for starters. Who'd pay proper money for the likes of them?

They have some bellend scouser on from 1pm talking shit all afternoon, usually about cars (he's an ex car salesman). It's so second rate it's untrue.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #548 on: September 01, 2014, 11:46:12 PM »

They have some bellend scouser on from 1pm talking shit all afternoon, usually about cars (he's an ex car salesman). It's so second rate it's untrue.

Haven't listened to WM for an extended period for a while, but is "roving reporter" Richie Anderson still employed on matchdays? 

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #549 on: September 01, 2014, 11:47:14 PM »

Haven't listened to WM for an extended period for a while, but is "roving reporter" Richie Anderson still employed on matchdays? 

Is he the yam yam who sounds like a YTS trainee?

Online tomd2103

« Reply #550 on: September 01, 2014, 11:51:34 PM »

Is he the yam yam who sounds like a YTS trainee?

Yeah that's him.  He used to be outside the grounds on match days interviewing fans and answering the questions he was asking for them.  "Where's the problem with the team lads?  It's the midfield isn't it?".   

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #551 on: September 02, 2014, 12:21:15 AM »
The last few posts have really made me laugh.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #552 on: September 02, 2014, 06:39:02 PM »

When I first started seeing my now wife she had only ever been to one music gig. And that was Owen Paul. Now that is odd.

Offline Grande Pablo

« Reply #553 on: September 02, 2014, 09:39:57 PM »

Sadly said Bellend Scouser has been 'promoted' to take over Adrian Goldberg's show - a decent presenter, whilst an Indian couple from London who made their name on a reality TV how get the afternoon show.

A local station for local people.  Half the time some of these presenters can't even pronounce place names correctly.

http://radiotoday.co.uk/2014/08/new-weekday-afternoon-shows-for-bbc-wm/

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #554 on: September 02, 2014, 11:56:48 PM »
I'd just like to say, I have always found Adrian Goldberg to be an absolute cock.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal