collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 876825 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Radio WM
« Reply #495 on: August 16, 2014, 06:57:45 PM »
They have to be gutted on that station that we won today. Probably made them throw out all of their planned programming notes which were based on having hammer Villa for a defeat.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #496 on: August 16, 2014, 07:00:47 PM »
And the new season starts how the old one ended. Within thirty seconds of talking about the match CallmeFranksy was onto "but why didn't Lambert pick Hutton last season?" First Villa caller was met with "Yes but what if Vlaar goes?"

My good lady wife chipped in "He sounds disappointed."

Glad I missed it then. I generally listen to the WM phone in, but as TMS was on until 6.30 I listened to that. No doubt I'll be posting about their anti-Villa bias within a fortnight.

They really are the BBC version of Talkshite.

I listened to a bit of the commentary in the first half and he was pretty negative on that as well.  Kept calling Brad "Gujan" for some reason as well.   

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #497 on: August 16, 2014, 07:03:47 PM »
We won, Stripeys didn't, Wolves lost. No wonder they're upset.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #498 on: August 16, 2014, 07:17:33 PM »
I wonder if there is another BBC region where their local radio station is so disparaging, malevolent and unsupporting of the largest local football team?

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #499 on: August 16, 2014, 07:25:09 PM »
I wonder if there is another BBC region where their local radio station is so disparaging, malevolent and unsupporting of the largest local football team?

It wouldn't be so bad if the only other real alternative wasn't 1152 Blues AM either!

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #500 on: August 16, 2014, 07:40:18 PM »
Villa winning and their beloved Dingles losing made it a awful day for them. Listening to the after match reports i actually had to look to make sure the Dingles had lost ,as it sounded like they had won

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #501 on: August 16, 2014, 07:54:06 PM »
Villa winning and their beloved Dingles losing made it a awful day for them. Listening to the after match reports i actually had to look to make sure the Dingles had lost ,as it sounded like they had won

You can never beat Wolves, only score more goals than them.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #502 on: August 16, 2014, 07:56:23 PM »

It wouldn't be so bad if the only other real alternative wasn't 1152 Blues AM either!

Bit unfair that. Tom Ross is a nose but treats all the local teams equally.

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #503 on: August 16, 2014, 08:01:00 PM »
utter wankers, I don't understand how we are by far the biggest team in the area, but the radio stations don't appeal to the majority of listeners, oh btw im not anti wolves, but ffs these minorities have infiltrated the media to make them significant.

fuck it WE ARE VILLA

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #504 on: August 16, 2014, 08:04:55 PM »

TOSS ROSS HATES US, he's just a twat. I aint got a clue who owns these stations, but proof of minorities infiltrating mass media. oh btw ross is a anti villa kunt

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #505 on: August 16, 2014, 08:19:37 PM »
I disagree on Tom Ross. He seems like a decent sort to me.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #506 on: August 16, 2014, 08:36:30 PM »

Bit unfair that. Tom Ross is a nose but treats all the local teams equally.

Yeah it was a bit of dig, but I do get the impression that certainly over the last few seasons it's become increasingly Blues first and foremost then the other clubs are a bit of an after thought. 

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #507 on: August 16, 2014, 08:37:46 PM »
Whatever Tom Ross might be, he puts his cards on the table and you can judge him for what you know he is. Personally I think he does his job as objectively as he can.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #508 on: August 16, 2014, 08:49:33 PM »
Whatever Tom Ross might be, he puts his cards on the table and you can judge him for what you know he is. Personally I think he does his job as objectively as he can.

That's fair enough Dave and although I'm not the biggest fan of his match commentary, he's always been good fronting the show and having been to few things he's hosted, he comes across as a decent bloke.  I don't whether he's been allowed more access at Blues than Villa over the past few seasons, but the impression I have got over the last few years in particular is that he seems a lot more interested and involved at what is going on at Blues, which is only natural I suppose.  I guess the fact that they can't do live commentary on certain Premier League games probably means that Blues games feature more.     

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #509 on: August 16, 2014, 08:55:29 PM »
I disagree on Tom Ross. He seems like a decent sort to me.
I met him after the game at st Mary's in December and he was ecstatic with the villa win and having a great time with Tayls and Rob Bishop. He's a nose but he's ok.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal