collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Abbeyfealeavfc
[Today at 08:15:22 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Risso
[Today at 08:02:05 AM]

FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Abbeyfealeavfc
[Today at 08:15:22 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by algy
[Today at 08:02:52 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Risso
[Today at 08:02:05 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:59:21 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Clive W
[Today at 07:54:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 07:52:47 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 876967 times)

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
Re: Radio WM
« Reply #480 on: May 07, 2014, 10:49:12 PM »
What WM's obsession with Speedway all about? I don think I've ever met anyone in my life that's into speedway yet turn on WM and they're invariably talking about it, even commentating on it as well.
It's absolute shit.

It must also be the most pointless commentary sport ever invented. Talking about four blokes riding motorbikes in a circle four times; it's like nuns riding a bike, i.e. only really interesting if they fall off.
I give you Talksport doing darts.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #481 on: May 07, 2014, 10:49:46 PM »
What WM's obsession with Speedway all about? I don think I've ever met anyone in my life that's into speedway yet turn on WM and they're invariably talking about it, even commentating on it as well.
It's absolute shit.

It must also be the most pointless commentary sport ever invented. Talking about four blokes riding motorbikes in a circle four times; it's like nuns riding a bike, i.e. only really interesting if they fall off.

I have a similar thing about regional BBC news and agricultural news.

They cover an area almost entirely urban, but look how often boring stories about farming appear high up the bill on the local news.

Like anyone around here gives a fuck about, err, cows and shit.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #482 on: May 07, 2014, 10:50:15 PM »
It's absolute shit.

It's just dreadful. I'm sure it's just to please their yam yam listeners.

I used to know someone who went on a coach to Poland for the world speedway championships, but he was from Brierly Hill.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #483 on: May 07, 2014, 10:51:01 PM »
It's absolute shit.

Speedway's quite competitive - until they get to the first bend on the first lap. They then process in that order for 3 and a bit laps.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #484 on: May 07, 2014, 10:57:04 PM »
It's absolute shit.

Speedway's quite competitive - until they get to the first bend on the first lap. They then process in that order for 3 and a bit laps.

They ought to run out and put a fence up while the riders are down the other end.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #485 on: May 07, 2014, 10:58:36 PM »
It's absolute shit.

I used to know someone who went on a coach to Poland for the world speedway championships, but he was from Brierly Hill.

Says it all.

Offline greenwichvilla

« Reply #486 on: May 07, 2014, 11:50:32 PM »
It's absolute shit.

Says it all.

Is there any correlation between this happening and the use of the phrase "used to know"?

Offline Leighton

• Location: Walsall Wood. Home of the protesting Jesus on a telegraph pole.
« Reply #487 on: May 07, 2014, 11:58:55 PM »
The only good thing about speedway is that it provides me with a good put-down whenever I have the misfortune to meet a dingle.

"Who do you support then?"

"The Wolves ay we"

"The speedway team? Thought you said you were a football fan"

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #488 on: May 08, 2014, 12:06:08 AM »
It's absolute shit.

When I started lest Danish at the Brasshouse Language School, there was a woman who was learning Danish so she could speak Danish to whichever rider at whichever team it was.
Completely ignoring the fact that he'd been over in the UK for 2 or 3 years and could probably speak better English than the majority of the fans before he moved.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 12:09:09 AM by Villa in Denmark »

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #489 on: May 08, 2014, 08:50:41 AM »
I go past Perry Barr dog track on the way home. On Wednesday during the spring summer, they have the Brummies there. The queue to go in reminds me of outside the away end when the Blues come to town. There are 70 yo men dressed head to toe in the Brummie colours.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #490 on: May 08, 2014, 08:55:28 AM »
The queue to go in reminds me of outside the away end when the Blues come to town. There are 70 yo men dressed head to toe in the Brummie colours.

Do they all turn up in 40 plus coaches too?

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #491 on: May 08, 2014, 09:45:17 AM »
It's absolute shit.

Like Formula 1 but with fewer laps?

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #492 on: August 16, 2014, 06:29:08 PM »
And the new season starts how the old one ended. Within thirty seconds of talking about the match CallmeFranksy was onto "but why didn't Lambert pick Hutton last season?" First Villa caller was met with "Yes but what if Vlaar goes?"

My good lady wife chipped in "He sounds disappointed."

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #493 on: August 16, 2014, 06:53:14 PM »
And the new season starts how the old one ended. Within thirty seconds of talking about the match CallmeFranksy was onto "but why didn't Lambert pick Hutton last season?" First Villa caller was met with "Yes but what if Vlaar goes?"

You beat me to it. I was going to post the exact same thing. Last year all he wanted to talk about was Villa selling Benteke. Now it's Vlaar. Or as he pronounces it, "Verrrlar".
Oh and if he calls Paul Lambert "Lambo" again I swear I'll kill him.

Online Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #494 on: August 16, 2014, 06:55:48 PM »

Glad I missed it then. I generally listen to the WM phone in, but as TMS was on until 6.30 I listened to that. No doubt I'll be posting about their anti-Villa bias within a fortnight.

They really are the BBC version of Talkshite.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal