collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by paul_e
[Today at 11:53:33 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 10:29:02 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 876775 times)

Offline Goldie.7

Re: Radio WM
« Reply #465 on: April 12, 2014, 02:23:23 AM »
I admit that I don't listen to WM very often, but have heard their phone in a couple of times this week.  The lead story seemed to be about the Villa, but on both occasions I heard absolutely nothing about the Blues on there and the perilous situation they are in.  Have they fallen out or something?

No. They had quite a few callers last week but since Monday to Thursday it's been all Villa related, with the odd Eddie and Polly call.

Offline levico

« Reply #466 on: April 12, 2014, 06:09:12 PM »
Boy they will have a field day now as our decline continues and Baggies continue their slow but sure progress towards safety.

It's like watching those videos on Mucho Sucko where somebody gets killed to you just have to look through your fingers.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #467 on: April 12, 2014, 06:19:30 PM »
Boy they will have a field day now as our decline continues and Baggies continue their slow but sure progress towards safety.

It's like watching those videos on Mucho Sucko where somebody gets killed to you just have to look through your fingers.
Don't worry the have just started the ''72 hour Dogface promotion party''.
Bob brolly is bringing his banjo in.

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #468 on: May 03, 2014, 06:37:15 PM »
Sir Graham was the expert summariser today, alongside Paul Franks.

I didn't hear the commentary but heard some of the post match phone-in. Franksy asked Sir Graham if he'd like to be involved with hypothetical new owners at Villa Park as a Director of Football. Whilst Sir Graham was guarded in his response, he said that he wouldn't say what he really thought about what's going on behind the scenes. He was hinting that all is not right and that the club is in a bigger mess than when he took over in 1987, relegation aside.

Sir Graham is Villa through and through. If he thinks the club needs an overhaul and fresh impetus then I listen to the opinion of a Villa man that I respect.

I'd love to see him back at Aston Villa.

Offline Big Dick Edwards

« Reply #469 on: May 04, 2014, 10:22:41 AM »

I didn't hear the commentary but heard some of the post match phone-in. Franksy asked Sir Graham if he'd like to be involved with hypothetical new owners at Villa Park as a Director of Football. Whilst Sir Graham was guarded in his response, he said that he wouldn't say what he really thought about what's going on behind the scenes. He was hinting that all is not right and that the club is in a bigger mess than when he took over in 1987, relegation aside.

Sir Graham is Villa through and through. If he thinks the club needs an overhaul and fresh impetus then I listen to the opinion of a Villa man that I respect.

I'd have loved Sir Graham in this role years ago. Like you, I believe he has a great feeling for Villa despite his longer association with Watford. He's 70 this year though and I believe he's had health issues in recent months. It may not be the right time now.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #470 on: May 04, 2014, 04:12:06 PM »

I'd have loved Sir Graham in this role years ago. Like you, I believe he has a great feeling for Villa despite his longer association with Watford. He's 70 this year though and I believe he's had health issues in recent months. It may not be the right time now.

I posted on another thread that for the first time he sounded old and, sacrilege though it is to say it, out of touch with modern football. Maybe that's because he's been ill and also had a spell in hospital following a recent fall but he didn't sound the Sir Graham of yore. 

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #471 on: May 04, 2014, 04:34:32 PM »
He didn't really offer an insight into what is going on behind the scenes is how I heard it.  He did call himself a Villa fan though.  And was very respectful towards Small Heath's survival. 

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #472 on: May 04, 2014, 08:40:07 PM »

I posted on another thread that for the first time he sounded old and, sacrilege though it is to say it, out of touch with modern football. Maybe that's because he's been ill and also had a spell in hospital following a recent fall but he didn't sound the Sir Graham of yore. 

That's very sad to hear actually.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #473 on: May 07, 2014, 07:38:25 PM »
Thank god there is Radio 5 and Talksport. For the umpteenth time this season i have sat down to listen to a  Villa game,only to discover they have selected Sandwell Albion ,Small Heath or the Dingles as the live games. Joke station !

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #474 on: May 07, 2014, 07:41:14 PM »
Thank god there is Radio 5 and Talksport. For the umpteenth time this season i have sat down to listen to a  Villa game,only to discover they have selected Sandwell Albion ,Small Heath or the Dingles as the live games. Joke station !

Much as I'm loathe to defend them, the Stripey game is more important than ours.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #475 on: May 07, 2014, 08:24:22 PM »

Much as I'm loathe to defend them, the Stripey game is more important than ours.

Some of our more doomy posters were posting a potential massive goal difference change that could still have got us relegated on Saturday Evening. A similar one would be needed to send Baggies down. So they are pretty much safe and so are we. So the only importance in their match would be if they were above us or not by the end of the night. So I suppose that would be a reason for WM to have them on.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #476 on: May 07, 2014, 10:44:09 PM »
What WM's obsession with Speedway all about? I don think I've ever met anyone in my life that's into speedway yet turn on WM and they're invariably talking about it, even commentating on it as well.
It's absolute shit.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #477 on: May 07, 2014, 10:46:03 PM »
What WM's obsession with Speedway all about? I don think I've ever met anyone in my life that's into speedway yet turn on WM and they're invariably talking about it, even commentating on it as well.
It's absolute shit.

It must also be the most pointless commentary sport ever invented. Talking about four blokes riding motorbikes in a circle four times; it's like nuns riding a bike, i.e. only really interesting if they fall off.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 10:47:35 PM by dave.woodhall »

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #478 on: May 07, 2014, 10:48:48 PM »
I went to the speedway in Cradley once, sometime in the early 80s. I was bored shitless.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #479 on: May 07, 2014, 10:49:01 PM »
It's absolute shit.

It must also be the most pointless commentary sport ever invented. Talking about four blokes riding motorbikes in a circle four times; it's like nuns riding a bike, i.e. only really interesting if they fall off.

It's just dreadful. I'm sure it's just to please their yam yam listeners.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal