collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:24:14 AM]

FFP by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:14:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by dicedlam
[Today at 09:14:03 AM]

Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 08:56:31 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 876977 times)

Offline rob_bridge

Re: Radio WM
« Reply #435 on: January 06, 2014, 08:54:31 AM »
Regan was a knob on WM after the game last night.  He'd obviously thought he'd got his 1 big story that might put him in the national limelight.  PL said no worse than what Allerdyce said this afternoon after an (IMHO) a more embarrasing defeat on national TV.  At least we can be happy due to ITV's piss poor coverage we were hidden away on a near midnight slot.

The media does it's best to reduce interest in the FA Cup.  I've not seen 1 jingle advertising this weekends live games on ITV, get we get a wall-to-wall spunkfest leading up to a Champions League 'matchweek'.  I'd love the BBC to get it back.

Ironically, the only way the cup could be saved would be to give it to Sky. It would then be the greatest tournament in the world.

May well happen now they lost rights to Champions League.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #436 on: January 06, 2014, 09:04:59 AM »
The Sky thing is a good point, they will have a few million sloshing around after losing the Champs League. They could even sell it in as Sky saves the FA Cup... sponsor it and give out the one thing that all football clubs love more than silverware.... cash.

Offline freethinker

« Reply #437 on: January 06, 2014, 09:10:18 AM »
Or seed it but have an open draw and the team who has the lowest seed plays at home.Oh and give it Sky they would hype it to the max.

Sod the seeding, have an open draw from day one, all 550 or so entrants in one big bag.
Aston Villa v Swindon Supermarine
Pilkington XXX v Manchester United

That's what we want!

Please no. That would be just too embarrassing.

Offline Loxton01

« Reply #438 on: January 06, 2014, 09:20:57 AM »
Radio WM have done nothing wrong to me. I think they say it like it is and Regan did nothing wrong. Lambert handled it badly and then they get the Press Officer to put the pressure on sounds like bullying from a once famous club to me.

Lambo could of said we have a small squad and we are likely to rotate but it gives a number of the players a chance to impress and stake a claim for the first team. Premier League survival is paramount but I wont to go as far as we can in the FA CUP victories breed confidence.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #439 on: January 06, 2014, 09:44:26 AM »
Radio WM have done nothing wrong to me. I think they say it like it is and Regan did nothing wrong. Lambert handled it badly and then they get the Press Officer to put the pressure on sounds like bullying from a once famous club to me.

Lambo could of said we have a small squad and we are likely to rotate but it gives a number of the players a chance to impress and stake a claim for the first team. Premier League survival is paramount but I wont to go as far as we can in the FA CUP victories breed confidence.

Tom Ross was professional in his approach and reported it like any local journalist should have.

Radio WM reported it like we knew they would, playing selective bits of an interview to suit their own ends then jumping on twitter. It was unprofessional and not the kind of thing you'd expect from a BBC broadcaster.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #440 on: January 06, 2014, 09:44:59 AM »
The last thing Mark Regan does is say it like it is.

Offline Grande Pablo

« Reply #441 on: January 08, 2014, 01:02:32 PM »
It may have been discussed on the transfer thread, but the way WM 'broke' the Wells link from Regan's apparent death bed yesterday was appalling broadcasting.  Are they trying to manufacture the guy a knighthood for services to broadcasting?

Offline LTA

« Reply #442 on: January 08, 2014, 10:28:25 PM »
Tonight I heard the legend that is Dennis.

Clearly nobodys told him that Stephen Warnock has sold, which explains why we won't pick him

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #443 on: January 08, 2014, 10:32:40 PM »
Tonight I heard the legend that is Dennis.

Clearly nobodys told him that Stephen Warnock has sold, which explains why we won't pick him

Every club has it's local phone twat. Helium Lee is the Stripeyfilths. Dennis is ours.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #444 on: January 09, 2014, 09:44:22 AM »
Their big Villa story this morning was Nigel Spink saying we needed to get in experience and that it was no good just signing more young players like Nakhi Wells.

Rather overlooking the facts that a) Lambert has already said he is looking to bring in experience; b) there is no evidence that we are actually interested in Nakhi Wells other than in the Twittersphere, where he appears to be linked with every club in all 4 divisions.     

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #445 on: March 17, 2014, 07:07:19 PM »
Only one Villa caller tonight, not much said about our great win on Saturday. Paul Franks loves the sound of his own voice....I reckon out of say 50 minutes that the broadcast time is running, he must talk for 25 minutes!

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #446 on: March 17, 2014, 08:05:02 PM »
I like this thread. Am I right to assume WM still have us favourites to go down?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #447 on: March 17, 2014, 08:43:20 PM »
I presume it was 55 minutes on WBA's win, 3 minutes on Wolves's draw, 1 nd a half minutes on our flukey win and 30 seconds on SHA.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #448 on: March 17, 2014, 08:45:17 PM »
Midlands Today had Albion featured mainly, then Stoke and finally Villa from the top flight.

Offline kiddylion

« Reply #449 on: March 17, 2014, 10:33:57 PM »
How many villa players will get in the WBA team now then?😉😉

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal