collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 876881 times)

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
Re: Radio WM
« Reply #420 on: January 05, 2014, 02:23:35 PM »
I have an aquaintance who is a journalist as well as being a season ticket holder on the Holte. He covered a Lambert press conference at the start of the season and was amazed to find that the club had to review and pass all that he had written down, removing anything that they didn't like.

I'm not sure if this is the case elsewhere, although I suspect it is, but either way, it hardly breeds a healthy relationship.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #421 on: January 05, 2014, 03:51:35 PM »
I listened to the recording of that FAC thing, and was pretty amazed.

i didn't hear anything which I haven't heard, at some point, almost every other manager in the league say. I thought it was supposed to be controversial?

What turned this into a story was a mix of WM deciding to spin it out to be something it wasn't (what a surprise - why, for example, start retweeting shit Rodney Marsh says if it isn't to just stir things up?), and Brian Doogan shitting his pants and trying to get the journalist to retract it.

Offline CAitken

• GM : Jul, 2014
« Reply #422 on: January 05, 2014, 04:05:29 PM »
Living here up north, I manage to get WM on Internet Radio but for my local news I listen to Key 103 or BBC Manchester. Even though M

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #423 on: January 05, 2014, 04:05:52 PM »

i didn't hear anything which I haven't heard, at some point, almost every other manager in the league say. I thought it was supposed to be controversial?

What turned this into a story was a mix of WM deciding to spin it out to be something it wasn't (what a surprise - why, for example, start retweeting shit Rodney Marsh says if it isn't to just stir things up?), and Brian Doogan shitting his pants and trying to get the journalist to retract it.

What pissed me off most was the BBC article about it quoted Sam Allardyce and Harry Redknapp saying pretty much the same thing and received no negative press.

Offline CAitken

« Reply #424 on: January 05, 2014, 04:09:59 PM »
Living here up north, I manage to get WM on Internet Radio but for my local news I listen to Key 103 or BBC Manchester. Even though Man Ure are having a bad time their reporters are steadfast with their support of them even though the phone ins are quite vitriolic. WM are biting the hand that feeds them as Villa fans who aren't happy with the way they report on the club can tune in to the other local stations. Then Franksie and the other ,non-entity will be told how to report as listening figures fall.

Offline CAitken

« Reply #425 on: January 05, 2014, 04:19:20 PM »
At least Lambert had the balls to answer honestly and then only made 3 changes, one enforced. The stand in manager at Albion made 8 changes but no comments on that from WM.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #426 on: January 05, 2014, 09:08:41 PM »

What pissed me off most was the BBC article about it quoted Sam Allardyce and Harry Redknapp saying pretty much the same thing and received no negative press.

News At Ten on Friday made a big deal of starting their story with 'FA Cup third round weekend is a special date on the football calender but one Premier League manager doesn't agree.' Then asked Nigel Clough for his views without commenting on the fact he said with the money involved in the Premier League that is how Premier League managers would think. Basically saying that is how he would think, so from that snippet he seemed to be saying it more strongly than Lambert.

Offline eastie

« Reply #427 on: January 05, 2014, 09:12:08 PM »

News At Ten on Friday made a big deal of starting their story with 'FA Cup third round weekend is a special date on the football calender but one Premier League manager doesn't agree.' Then asked Nigel Clough for his views without commenting on the fact he said with the money involved in the Premier League that is how Premier League managers would think. Basically saying that is how he would think, so from that snippet he seemed to be saying it more strongly than Lambert.

That's surprising it made news at ten.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 09:13:49 PM by eastie »

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #428 on: January 05, 2014, 09:14:37 PM »
It's just a load of self delusion and doublethink when it comes to the cups. What a bunch of tedious morons the press are, especially sports journos.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #429 on: January 05, 2014, 09:41:57 PM »

That's surprising it made news at ten.

Actually it might have been the half six ITN news. I know I was in the kitchen and was surprised when I heard it on there. I think it was the 'and finally'. Lambert was unlucky. It was obviously a slow news day when it comes to skateboarding dogs.

Offline Grande Pablo

« Reply #430 on: January 05, 2014, 11:27:01 PM »
Regan was a knob on WM after the game last night.  He'd obviously thought he'd got his 1 big story that might put him in the national limelight.  PL said no worse than what Allerdyce said this afternoon after an (IMHO) a more embarrasing defeat on national TV.  At least we can be happy due to ITV's piss poor coverage we were hidden away on a near midnight slot.

The media does it's best to reduce interest in the FA Cup.  I've not seen 1 jingle advertising this weekends live games on ITV, get we get a wall-to-wall spunkfest leading up to a Champions League 'matchweek'.  I'd love the BBC to get it back.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #431 on: January 05, 2014, 11:32:19 PM »
Regan was a knob on WM after the game last night.  He'd obviously thought he'd got his 1 big story that might put him in the national limelight.  PL said no worse than what Allerdyce said this afternoon after an (IMHO) a more embarrasing defeat on national TV.  At least we can be happy due to ITV's piss poor coverage we were hidden away on a near midnight slot.

The media does it's best to reduce interest in the FA Cup.  I've not seen 1 jingle advertising this weekends live games on ITV, get we get a wall-to-wall spunkfest leading up to a Champions League 'matchweek'.  I'd love the BBC to get it back.

Ironically, the only way the cup could be saved would be to give it to Sky. It would then be the greatest tournament in the world.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #432 on: January 05, 2014, 11:38:59 PM »
Or seed it but have an open draw and the team who has the lowest seed plays at home.Oh and give it Sky they would hype it to the max.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #433 on: January 06, 2014, 12:16:36 AM »
Or seed it but have an open draw and the team who has the lowest seed plays at home.Oh and give it Sky they would hype it to the max.

Sod the seeding, have an open draw from day one, all 550 or so entrants in one big bag.
Aston Villa v Swindon Supermarine
Pilkington XXX v Manchester United

That's what we want!

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #434 on: January 06, 2014, 12:18:45 AM »

Sod the seeding, have an open draw from day one, all 550 or so entrants in one big bag.
Aston Villa v Swindon Supermarine
Pilkington XXX v Manchester United

That's what we want!
Love it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal