collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Richard E
[Today at 10:00:37 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 09:59:18 AM]

FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:55:00 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by PaulWinch again
[Today at 10:00:56 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Richard E
[Today at 10:00:37 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 09:59:18 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Gareth
[Today at 09:57:19 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by brian green
[Today at 09:55:02 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:55:00 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by LeeB
[Today at 09:54:22 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 876982 times)

Offline barrysleftfoot

Re: Radio WM
« Reply #405 on: January 05, 2014, 11:23:49 AM »
 What did marsh say?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #406 on: January 05, 2014, 11:31:04 AM »
Regan is either a stripey or a nose - not sure. I don't think who any of them supports affects their feelings towards us; they're not that daft. I do think there's a personality-based animosity which dates back to O'Neill's time.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #407 on: January 05, 2014, 11:33:39 AM »
What did marsh say?

That supporting the Villa must be a sad existence. That we used to be a Glory club but were now just hangers on - our only goal is premiership survival.

Now I dislike the load mouth Cockney twat as much as anybody but he does have a point.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #408 on: January 05, 2014, 11:38:48 AM »
What did marsh say?

That supporting the Villa must be a sad existence. That we used to be a Glory club but were now just hangers on - our only goal is premiership survival.

Now I dislike the load mouth Cockney twat as much as anybody but he does have a point.

I don't think he does. Whether we are going about it in the right way or if it is achievable is up for debate but I don't for a second think that Lerner, Lambert and co are settling. 

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #409 on: January 05, 2014, 11:49:09 AM »
Why? They need Aston Villa, what on earth do we need that shower for?

In any event, they won't exist in 10 years.
A radio station that can be accessed by about 3 million people...I think we need them more than they need us. Anyway banning is the sort of thing Newcastle did when they were on a self destruct path.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #410 on: January 05, 2014, 11:52:37 AM »
It can be accessed by 3 million people, but it isn't listened to by very many. Local radio is dying.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #411 on: January 05, 2014, 11:55:07 AM »
It can be accessed by 3 million people, but it isn't listened to by very many. Local radio is dying.

It's listened to by Villa fans who can't get to the games.
Calling for bans is the kind of small time stunts Small Heath pull.

Offline Ads

« Reply #412 on: January 05, 2014, 11:58:26 AM »
They can listen to BRMB then instead or watch it online which appears to be getting more and more popular.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #413 on: January 05, 2014, 11:59:05 AM »
Manager's falling out or not liking journalists is probably common. Alex Ferguson wouldn't speak to the BBC for years. As for banning WM, that's a no from me as well. I think Rego has been found out for his piss poor journalism without making things worse.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #414 on: January 05, 2014, 12:01:20 PM »
Banning anything that doesn't tow the party line? ThAt sounds sensible. The more people that start questioning the way we are running things the better for me. Btw that doesn't mean I don't think wm are twats, they are. If they are selling this plan to paying customers wouldn't it be worthwhile articulating what this project is? Communications are terrible.

Offline LTA

« Reply #415 on: January 05, 2014, 12:02:46 PM »
I also think there is a bit of animosity between WM and Tom Ross which dates back to WM accusing Ross of getting his facts wrong over the Blues takeover.  I listened to his show on Friday and he played the whole interview, including Mark Regan's questions.  It appears WM only played certain parts of it.  Lambert made it clear to Tom Ross that he would pick a strong team and that he wanted to get through to the next round.

Both of them tweeted about it,and as was said earlier, Ross said it was "the saddest, but most honest he'd heard a manager speak".  The National press appears to have gone more with Regan's tweets that, "Villa aren't bothered about the FA Cup", which Lambert certainly did NOT say.

As for banning WM, well I think it did happen back in the 1980's when Tony Butler made an alleged racist remark about one of Wolves' players.  However, I agree that banning them would be small time and childish.  We're already under attack from the press, so why feed them more amunition?

Offline Ads

« Reply #416 on: January 05, 2014, 12:03:45 PM »
It's not about banning people who don't tow the party line. Nobody would ever accuse WM of being cheer leaders for the club.

It's more a case of letting somebody who has a genuine fondness for all West Midlands clubs, who doesn't have to hide the fact he is a Nose, have the opportunity to critique the Villa or, scary thought, praise us once in a while.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #417 on: January 05, 2014, 12:07:04 PM »
I also think there is a bit of animosity between WM and Tom Ross which dates back to WM accusing Ross of getting his facts wrong over the Blues takeover.  I listened to his show on Friday and he played the whole interview, including Mark Regan's questions.  It appears WM only played certain parts of it.  Lambert made it clear to Tom Ross that he would pick a strong team and that he wanted to get through to the next round.

Both of them tweeted about it,and as was said earlier, Ross said it was "the saddest, but most honest he'd heard a manager speak".  The National press appears to have gone more with Regan's tweets that, "Villa aren't bothered about the FA Cup", which Lambert certainly did NOT say.

This is probably most likely what happened. Tom Ross was a straight down the line as he could be. WM played what they wanted their listeners to hear to suit what they had to say.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #418 on: January 05, 2014, 12:12:23 PM »
It's not about banning people who don't tow the party line. Nobody would ever accuse WM of being cheer leaders for the club.

It's more a case of letting somebody who has a genuine fondness for all West Midlands clubs, who doesn't have to hide the fact he is a Nose, have the opportunity to critique the Villa or, scary thought, praise us once in a while.

It will just make us look like the bad boys and allow them to act the injured party. We saw last week how the press will manipulate a story for their own ends with Lambert's comments on the cup. We just need to be a bit smarter in how we deal with them.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #419 on: January 05, 2014, 12:59:49 PM »
Haven't Newcastle banned a couple of local papers from St James this season?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal