collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

NSWE Investment by tomd2103
[Today at 12:14:34 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Toronto Villa
[Today at 12:06:52 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[April 24, 2024, 11:56:03 PM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Hillbilly
[April 24, 2024, 11:46:00 PM]

Champions League Contention by Dave
[April 24, 2024, 11:04:47 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by VillaTim
[April 24, 2024, 10:35:53 PM]

MOTD by Brazilian Villain
[April 24, 2024, 10:01:13 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Demitri_C
[April 24, 2024, 09:46:49 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 881006 times)

Offline eastie

Re: Radio WM
« Reply #390 on: January 05, 2014, 10:24:34 AM »
When a club is in a mess it needs strong leadership. That's the root of our problem. It's not wrong for local journalists to dig for answers and keep on digging. In fact, that's exactly what they're supposed to do.

Once a club falls out with local press or media then things are wrong - for all their faults a good relationship is important .

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #391 on: January 05, 2014, 10:29:30 AM »
Why is a good relationship wih a parachocial outfit like WM necessary? Especially when you consider the utter contempt they hold us in and we as supporters, likewise feel about their output?

Maybe "Reego" might not get an absolute bollocking off our press officer if he next time doesn't spin a lie?

Lambert wanted to win the game yesterday and picked a strong enough side to do so.

If I were the Villa's press officer, I wouldn't renew WM's contract to cover our games and I would deny them any access to BMH and Villa Park. They don't like the Villa, so they can whistle.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #392 on: January 05, 2014, 10:32:24 AM »
When a club is in a mess it needs strong leadership. That's the root of our problem. It's not wrong for local journalists to dig for answers and keep on digging. In fact, that's exactly what they're supposed to do.

Once a club falls out with local press or media then things are wrong - for all their faults a good relationship is important .

I agree. However, a week before the Albion game when we were level on points, you get the head of their sports dept asking ridiculous questions like 'how many villa players would get into the Albion side'. They're wasn't asking that last week when we were three points in front of them. They shouldn't have hidden agenda's just because they can't get interviews from our directors.

Offline eastie

« Reply #393 on: January 05, 2014, 10:34:31 AM »
Why is a good relationship wih a parachocial outfit like WM necessary? Especially when you consider the utter contempt they hold us in and we as supporters, likewise feel about their output?

Maybe "Reego" might not get an absolute bollocking off our press officer if he next time doesn't spin a lie?

Lambert wanted to win the game yesterday and picked a strong enough side to do so.

If I were the Villa's press officer, I wouldn't renew WM's contract to cover our games and I would deny them any access to BMH and Villa Park. They don't like the Villa, so they can whistle.

The headlines tweeted by Tom Ross were worse yet people seem to think only WM broke this story - the interview is there to be listened to - to deny your local radio station access to villa park would be ridiculous in the extreme.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #394 on: January 05, 2014, 10:35:38 AM »
That would be an extremely stupid thing for a struggling club to do. There's no better way to pile even more pressure on a flailing club than by picking fights with the local media, because then it goes national.

What we need is to employ personnel that understand how to communicate and deal with the media properly in the first place.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #395 on: January 05, 2014, 10:36:37 AM »
Why? They need Aston Villa, what on earth do we need that shower for?

In any event, they won't exist in 10 years.

Offline eastie

« Reply #396 on: January 05, 2014, 10:37:12 AM »

I agree. However, a week before the Albion game when we were level on points, you get the head of their sports dept asking ridiculous questions like 'how many villa players would get into the Albion side'. They're wasn't asking that last week when we were three points in front of them. They shouldn't have hidden agenda's just because they can't get interviews from our directors.

The thing with these kind of phone ins is that they like to be controversial to provoke a response - they can be good at times but I have long steered clear from the franksy ones - its in the main time filling drivel designed to wind up people .

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #397 on: January 05, 2014, 10:37:22 AM »

WM are wankers but banning the local media is the sort of small time shit Blues would do.

I don't want Villa doing that.

Offline barrysleftfoot

« Reply #398 on: January 05, 2014, 10:38:28 AM »
 Point is though Clampy , the press want to maximise their audience, Villa are the biggest team in the Midlands, when things are going bad, a bit like this forum, there is more interest in opinions and news.I think the question about Villa vs albion is pertinent, at most there should be 2 or 3 of them in a combined team, the fact that this is not the case now, is a sad indictment on our once great club.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #399 on: January 05, 2014, 10:42:34 AM »
Why? They need Aston Villa, what on earth do we need that shower for?

In any event, they won't exist in 10 years.

Because even if the club had a spat with the cub reporter from the Sutton Coldfield News, it becomes a story that the vultures in the national press feed off. A 'big' club like Villa dying on its arse is a story, let's not create more angles to spin in the national media, because all that does is heap more pressure onto a an already failing organisation. It's why anybody in the public eye in this day and age has everything orchestrated by PR teams. It stinks but it's a reality of modern life.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #400 on: January 05, 2014, 10:42:50 AM »

The headlines tweeted by Tom Ross were worse yet people seem to think only WM broke this story - the interview is there to be listened to - to deny your local radio station access to villa park would be ridiculous in the extreme.

No, Tom Ross said it was the saddest interview he has done in terms of football and like Lambert he was being honest. It was Mark Regan who asked him the question just afterwards which prompted Lambert to say what he did, then went on twitter with his '7 times cup winners could do without the f.a cup' tweets. It was unnecessary sniping by a local journalist who should know better.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #401 on: January 05, 2014, 10:47:50 AM »
It also followed Regan's post-Swansea tweet about a five year old seeing his father being attacked which hadn't been confirmed and turned out to be false. Reporters in his position shouldn't spread such potentially dangerous stories.

Offline eastie

« Reply #402 on: January 05, 2014, 10:52:36 AM »
I have no idea who Regan supports or his feelings on villa , but I do know that rob gurney hates villa with a passion - he is a coventry fan who used to be in the chair at cwr and  often used to celebrate villa defeats on air with listeners - he openly delighted in every goal villa conceded and always put the boot in.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #403 on: January 05, 2014, 10:54:24 AM »
Also the same Mark Regan who re-tweeted what Rodney Marsh said about us the other day.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #404 on: January 05, 2014, 11:22:34 AM »
Also the same Mark Regan who re-tweeted what Rodney Marsh said about us the other day.

Rodney Marsh is a twat but he got it pretty much spot on what he said about Villa though.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal