collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 876778 times)

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
Re: Radio WM
« Reply #360 on: January 04, 2014, 06:51:06 PM »
All this bad feeling with the media is light years away from Lerner's honeymoon period. Such a shame things have descended to this.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #361 on: January 04, 2014, 06:52:51 PM »
A reporter regretting reporting because a PR man is giving him stick? What is this, Iran? He's doing his job. It's the PR man's job to keep Lambert from saying stupid things in public.

Offline eastie

« Reply #362 on: January 04, 2014, 06:54:16 PM »
Lambert has a history of run ins with the media when criticised - he banned kendrick at one point last season for a report and also has bust ups at Norwich - he's a prickly one.

Offline Des Little

« Reply #363 on: January 04, 2014, 07:03:19 PM »
Lambert has a history of run ins with the media when criticised - he banned kendrick at one point last season for a report and also has bust ups at Norwich - he's a prickly one.

Those last 5 letters in your post aren't needed.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #364 on: January 04, 2014, 07:03:41 PM »
No problem with being offish with the media. But you do need the results to back it up. Whatever our opinion about WM or indeed any media outlet, we need to get our own house in some sort of order before we start slagging all and sundry off.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #365 on: January 04, 2014, 07:40:22 PM »
It sounds like the PO was more that a bit offish, more like oafish.

Offline myf

« Reply #366 on: January 04, 2014, 07:52:13 PM »
he's barely legible in his post match comments. mumbling on. i do wonder how the players understand him. cannot imagine him inspiring anyone

Offline LTA

« Reply #367 on: January 04, 2014, 08:16:12 PM »
WM and particulary Regan take much pleasure out of stirring things in order to provoke a reaction.

However, if I was Lambert and my job was on the line, then I'd be spending a little bit more time trying to sort out his sides shortcomings, and a little bit less time trying to pick fights with the press.  As O'Leary found, getting on the wrong side of the local press can be very damaging

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #368 on: January 04, 2014, 08:20:18 PM »
WM and particulary Regan take much pleasure out of stirring things in order to provoke a reaction.

However, if I was Lambert and my job was on the line, then I'd be spending a little bit more time trying to sort out his sides shortcomings, and a little bit less time trying to pick fights with the press.  As O'Leary found, getting on the wrong side of the local press can be very damaging

In principle I agree with you  and he treated Kendrick poorly, but he cannot get on the right side of  local press who hate our club regardless. Regan really does hate us so nothing Lambert can say or do will change that. The biggest surprise is Doogan letting him anywhere near lambert.

Offline greenwichvilla

« Reply #369 on: January 04, 2014, 10:05:54 PM »
I personally think Stan is very good at what he does on Talksport.

Sorry, Stan Collymore is a terrible radio presenter. He's too loud, he shouts over everyone and gives off the impression you're an idiot if you happen to disagree with him.

He seems to use his programme (if you can call it that) as a vehicle to take on people who challenge him on Twitter.

And the sad thing is he makes that Jason Cundy programme look quite good. How that station still exists is one of those mysteries we were never meant to understand.

Offline LTA

« Reply #370 on: January 04, 2014, 11:39:16 PM »

In principle I agree with you  and he treated Kendrick poorly, but he cannot get on the right side of  local press who hate our club regardless. Regan really does hate us so nothing Lambert can say or do will change that. The biggest surprise is Doogan letting him anywhere near lambert.

Doogan may well be the key man here.  Reading between the lines it seems that him and Lambert are angry that Regan took to twitter and gave the lazy London press an excuse to batter us, rather than actually listening to his comments for themselves.

Now Doogan has proceeded to give Regan an almighty bollocking, meaning Regan is miffed and takes to twitter again to twist the knife.

All messy, and doesn't give a very good image of AVFC.  The fact that it is followed by a lame and feeble display (yet again) makes it worse.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #371 on: January 04, 2014, 11:42:43 PM »
Doogan isn't in a position to give a journalist an almighty bollocking, though. That's the point.

Offline Des Little

« Reply #372 on: January 04, 2014, 11:44:40 PM »
I'm not sure this Doogan chap is very good at his job. Just a hunch.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #373 on: January 04, 2014, 11:49:56 PM »

He sounds like a bully.

Offline LTA

« Reply #374 on: January 04, 2014, 11:51:28 PM »

I seem to remember him doing a phone in with Tom Ross last season and making a bit of a twit of himself.  Strikes me as a bit of a yes man.  And I agree, any issue between a manager and journalist should stay there - don't think the head of media should be getting involved, even if it was well meant.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal