collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 876956 times)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Radio WM
« Reply #345 on: January 03, 2014, 10:54:56 PM »
I saw him on Sky a while back presenting something or another (Gavin that is, not Helium Lee).

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #346 on: January 03, 2014, 10:55:27 PM »
I was in London yesterday, stopped by that decent pub on the corner of Euston road before catching the train and he was on presenting the football league highlights so still does that. Not sure if he ever pops up on SSN.

He must have been doing that for twenty years.

Offline curlytailavfc

• www.friendsofakitas.co.uk
  • GM : 26.02.2019
« Reply #347 on: January 03, 2014, 11:31:32 PM »
wm are hard work listened today at the phone in wolver nobs big time

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #348 on: January 04, 2014, 09:11:19 AM »
Stan's entertaining as he should be and never lets an "I'm a Villa fan" opportunity pass by which irrespective of his past is refreshing to hear in a football media world dominated by conversation about Sky 4 or 6 or whatever it is now. It's nice to hear the likes of McInally or Stan, and Merson at times still mention us with great affection, and if they are doing it when things aren't that great your know they'd be well up for it if things started to go really well.

Was it the Chelsea 4-4 match when McInally went mental in the Sky studio whilst covering it. Since then I don't think they have ever given him a Villa match although Nicholas gets Arsenal and Thompson gets Pool still. In fairness it is just the "smaller clubs" who are affected as I don't think they ever give Le Tiss Southampton games either.

And It was Thompson covering the game that day.

There was definitely a match where we either won it or drew in the last seconds and I'm sure it was a mid weeker. McInally shouts yes several times for about a minute. We finally found out what Mrs McInally has had to put up with at night. I thought it was the 4-4 match as it fitted.

Offline eastie

« Reply #349 on: January 04, 2014, 09:14:58 AM »
I saw him on Sky a while back presenting something or another (Gavin that is, not Helium Lee).

Often presents the lower league football on sky.
Used to enjoy him and Tom  Ross in the old days of brmb - Gavin is an Evertonian  .
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 09:17:05 AM by eastie »

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #350 on: January 04, 2014, 09:21:01 AM »
Call Me Franksy has always raved about Wes Hoolahan, but no doubt if we sign him he will think of 10 reasons why it is the end of civilisation.

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #351 on: January 04, 2014, 11:38:12 AM »
The unintentionally funniest thing I've ever heard on the radio was on WM. It was a phone in discussion about toasters.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #352 on: January 04, 2014, 11:59:18 AM »
Listened to the WM interview with Lambert which created all this anti FA Cup stuff this weekend and it's obvious Mark Regan put words into Lambert's mouth and he couldn't help stir up the shit on Twitter which snowballed into the nonsense we're seeing now. Lambert doesn't help himself with what he said but Regan and WM couldn't wait to use it as another stick to beat the Villa with.

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #353 on: January 04, 2014, 11:59:46 AM »
Stan's entertaining as he should be and never lets an "I'm a Villa fan" opportunity pass by which irrespective of his past is refreshing to hear in a football media world dominated by conversation about Sky 4 or 6 or whatever it is now. It's nice to hear the likes of McInally or Stan, and Merson at times still mention us with great affection, and if they are doing it when things aren't that great your know they'd be well up for it if things started to go really well.

Was it the Chelsea 4-4 match when McInally went mental in the Sky studio whilst covering it. Since then I don't think they have ever given him a Villa match although Nicholas gets Arsenal and Thompson gets Pool still. In fairness it is just the "smaller clubs" who are affected as I don't think they ever give Le Tiss Southampton games either.

And It was Thompson covering the game that day.

There was definitely a match where we either won it or drew in the last seconds and I'm sure it was a mid weeker. McInally shouts yes several times for about a minute. We finally found out what Mrs McInally has had to put up with at night. I thought it was the 4-4 match as it fitted.

It was that game. But Thompson was covering it whilst McInally watched on.

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #354 on: January 04, 2014, 06:22:29 PM »
Listened to the WM interview with Lambert which created all this anti FA Cup stuff this weekend and it's obvious Mark Regan put words into Lambert's mouth and he couldn't help stir up the shit on Twitter which snowballed into the nonsense we're seeing now. Lambert doesn't help himself with what he said but Regan and WM couldn't wait to use it as another stick to beat the Villa with.

Is it online? Lambert seems to have implied that his words have been taken out of context, which Regan denies, would like to hear for myself

Offline Lee

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/BlackCountryVilla/
  • GM : Jul, 2014
« Reply #355 on: January 04, 2014, 06:28:51 PM »

Is it online? Lambert seems to have implied that his words have been taken out of context, which Regan denies, would like to hear for myself

Listened to it too. Didn't seem that impressed with how it's been turned back on him, or those Cockneys on 1152 have decided to plagiarise his work. Villa PR also acting like they were form the Stasi also.

Also interesting with the guy before who watched Sheff UTD play Walsall a few days ago. Dug into Lambert for his coaching and rightly so stating that if Dean Smith can get his team to change their tactics to beat them, why couldn't Lambert.

Says a lot to me!

Offline myf

« Reply #356 on: January 04, 2014, 06:29:59 PM »
they were reporting 6 wins at home in 26 under PL earlier. all the criticism is justified. Im glad the national media has started to focus on how shite we are as well. Lamberts record has been under the radar for way too long. i hope the pressure results in him leaving

Offline claret and blue blood

« Reply #357 on: January 04, 2014, 06:41:37 PM »
Heard the guy who'd watched Walsall play them last week and d it made embarrassing listening. We got worse today as the game progressed and Lambert did nothing to improve things. His persistence I leaving the woeful Weimann on the pitch is incredible.I don't believe these players couldn't be coached, motivated and be prepared better than they are.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #358 on: January 04, 2014, 06:45:46 PM »

Lambert has said that Regan 'regrets asking the question', but Regan only regrets it after the disgusting phone calls he had to endure from the Villa Press Officer.

Offline eastie

« Reply #359 on: January 04, 2014, 06:48:00 PM »

Lambert has said that Regan 'regrets asking the question', but Regan only regrets it after the disgusting phone calls he had to endure from the Villa Press Officer.

He regrets it because of the hassle he has had over it .

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal