collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 879502 times)

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
Re: Radio WM
« Reply #330 on: January 03, 2014, 01:27:29 PM »
Stan's entertaining as he should be and never lets an "I'm a Villa fan" opportunity pass by which irrespective of his past is refreshing to hear in a football media world dominated by conversation about Sky 4 or 6 or whatever it is now. It's nice to hear the likes of McInally or Stan, and Merson at times still mention us with great affection, and if they are doing it when things aren't that great your know they'd be well up for it if things started to go really well.

Was it the Chelsea 4-4 match when McInally went mental in the Sky studio whilst covering it. Since then I don't think they have ever given him a Villa match although Nicholas gets Arsenal and Thompson gets Pool still. In fairness it is just the "smaller clubs" who are affected as I don't think they ever give Le Tiss Southampton games either.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #331 on: January 03, 2014, 01:28:53 PM »
Listen from 19:49 on for some classic CallMeFranksy down-talking.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p01ngq32/The_West_Midlands_Football_PhoneIn_02_01_2014/

I'm not sure who's the biggest arse on there. 'Call me Franskey' or that Stripeyfilth twat Eddie who mentioned Villa 5 seconds into his call.

And that 'Villa Fan' who rings up on 34 mins, what absolute drivel he came out with. Rings up to tell the airwaves that he's refusing to go to the game tomorrow because of what Lambert has said and reckoned we should get Charlie Adam on loan.

"Eddie" must be psychic because he knows that "when" they beat us at Villa Park they will go above us, so he obviously has an insight into what their and our next 2 league results will be before then. Not that their fans are obsessed with us or anything, you understand.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #332 on: January 03, 2014, 01:29:46 PM »
At what point is the Albion gimp on?

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #333 on: January 03, 2014, 01:31:28 PM »
Listen from 19:49 on for some classic CallMeFranksy down-talking.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p01ngq32/The_West_Midlands_Football_PhoneIn_02_01_2014/

I'm not sure who's the biggest arse on there. 'Call me Franskey' or that Stripeyfilth twat Eddie who mentioned Villa 5 seconds into his call.

And that 'Villa Fan' who rings up on 34 mins, what absolute drivel he came out with. Rings up to tell the airwaves that he's refusing to go to the game tomorrow because of what Lambert has said and reckoned we should get Charlie Adam on loan.

"Eddie" must be psychic because he knows that "when" they beat us at Villa Park they will go above us, so he obviously has an insight into what their and our next 2 league results will be before then. Not that their fans are obsessed with us or anything, you understand.

He also seems to think they're 'a million miles ahead of us on the pitch'. He's obviously too thick to look at the league table.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #334 on: January 03, 2014, 01:33:04 PM »
At what point is the Albion gimp on?

Not sure - I had the dubious pleasure of listening to it live in the car. My poor wife had to listen to some very choice language being shouted at the radio...

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #335 on: January 03, 2014, 04:31:20 PM »
That guy who continues to refer to our Goalkeeper as a variation on a piece of coated chicken (Gujan) and Libor as a balding american detective (Kojak) should really be only employed to give the West Midlands coastal weather report and that during the night shift

There is some commentator bloke on TV who ALWAYS refers to Guzan as Guzman. He even did it when Guzman was on the pitch playing against us.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #336 on: January 03, 2014, 05:31:05 PM »
That guy who continues to refer to our Goalkeeper as a variation on a piece of coated chicken (Gujan) and Libor as a balding american detective (Kojak) should really be only employed to give the West Midlands coastal weather report and that during the night shift

There is some commentator bloke on TV who ALWAYS refers to Guzan as Guzman. He even did it when Guzman was on the pitch playing against us.

There was a chap on WM on Wednesday who kept pronouncing the z in Guzan in the same way you'd pronounce the j in Dijon or Jacques.  I got quite irrationally angry with the radio!

Offline eastie

« Reply #337 on: January 03, 2014, 05:32:31 PM »

Niall Quinn does that although there may be others.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #338 on: January 03, 2014, 05:38:24 PM »

Quinn is a fucking prick, he ALWAYS refers to Guzan as 'Goozeman' and Weimann as 'Wiseman'

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #339 on: January 03, 2014, 05:53:46 PM »
What's amazing is that the pundits who get on the telly are the articulate ones.

Offline Shepp

« Reply #340 on: January 03, 2014, 07:04:48 PM »
FRANKSY is an Albion fan. He trys to cover it up but just check with his school mates - hates the Villa

Offline peter w

« Reply #341 on: January 03, 2014, 07:06:02 PM »
Stan's entertaining as he should be and never lets an "I'm a Villa fan" opportunity pass by which irrespective of his past is refreshing to hear in a football media world dominated by conversation about Sky 4 or 6 or whatever it is now. It's nice to hear the likes of McInally or Stan, and Merson at times still mention us with great affection, and if they are doing it when things aren't that great your know they'd be well up for it if things started to go really well.

Was it the Chelsea 4-4 match when McInally went mental in the Sky studio whilst covering it. Since then I don't think they have ever given him a Villa match although Nicholas gets Arsenal and Thompson gets Pool still. In fairness it is just the "smaller clubs" who are affected as I don't think they ever give Le Tiss Southampton games either.

And It was Thompson covering the game that day.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #342 on: January 03, 2014, 08:20:32 PM »
Heard a bit of Ron Toss tonight and he of the helium voice Lee was on talking about Jeremy Peace FC.

Offline Tokyo Sexwhale

« Reply #343 on: January 03, 2014, 10:09:55 PM »
Whatever happened to George Gavin?  Is he still on Sky?

(I don't have Sky).

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #344 on: January 03, 2014, 10:45:10 PM »
I was in London yesterday, stopped by that decent pub on the corner of Euston road before catching the train and he was on presenting the football league highlights so still does that. Not sure if he ever pops up on SSN.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal