collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 12:38:12 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Martyn Smith
[Today at 12:36:41 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by ChicagoLion
[Today at 12:19:45 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:52:46 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 12:38:12 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Martyn Smith
[Today at 12:36:41 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by ChicagoLion
[Today at 12:32:43 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:19:57 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by ChicagoLion
[Today at 12:19:45 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Skerra
[Today at 12:18:27 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by john2710
[Today at 12:11:45 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 876998 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Radio WM
« Reply #315 on: January 03, 2014, 12:42:57 AM »
Listen from 19:49 on for some classic CallMeFranksy down-talking.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p01ngq32/The_West_Midlands_Football_PhoneIn_02_01_2014/

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #316 on: January 03, 2014, 12:52:32 AM »
He intimated that Lambert was a genius for being 4 points better off than last season as none of the summer signings have worked out.  I think this has some merit.  Although generally speaking it is poor radio all round - I mean who was that summariser - Martin O'Connor?!

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #317 on: January 03, 2014, 03:14:19 AM »
It is amazing how they can be so consistently anti-Villa.

Offline Hampshire Villa

« Reply #318 on: January 03, 2014, 12:00:06 PM »
As a Hampshire dweller, it is a long jaunt up and back for the games.

On the way up we are fill of joy , hope and anticipation !! Will we play this way, that way, will this guy play , will that guy play???? Chat chat chat chat! the Journey up is gone quickly and without the need for the Radio!

We always try to listen to WM on the journey back, but after 15 seconds of that man Franksy we turn back to 5 live., then along comes another Villa hater Pat Murphy! and we go to talkshite, then comes Stan who just tells people to phone him  for an hour or so ! There are hardly any calls as they have so many ads, and after each ad break Stan has to tell people why to phone! No time for callers except for the guy in Cornwall with a very West Country accent who wants to talk about how bad Arsenal are!

Inevitably we return home,no radio,  downbeat and more or less silent!

Then we have the joys of MOTD with the collected egos,  who all seem to hate Villa. The latest one clearly showing a guy to be offside and they all say it wasn't. I noticed that the same happened in some other " bigger " game and they all say how it was offside..

Radio Days!!

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #319 on: January 03, 2014, 12:03:13 PM »
I personally think Stan is very good at what he does on Talksport.

Offline eastie

« Reply #320 on: January 03, 2014, 12:04:30 PM »
I personally think Stan is very good at what he does on Talksport.

So do I, he tells it as he sees it , rather than sit on the fence .

Offline Hampshire Villa

« Reply #321 on: January 03, 2014, 12:08:31 PM »
I didn't say there was anything wrong with Stan,
Have you listened to the entire show?? You only need to listen to the first 15 mins as Stan then repeats the same thing every 15 mins! It's similar to roiling news! Next time count the number of callers per hour!
Thankfully there is often a game to listen too, and then Stan comes over very well!  but the phone in?????????

Online Clampy

« Reply #322 on: January 03, 2014, 12:12:27 PM »
Have you listened to the entire show?? You only need to listen to the first 15 mins as Stan then repeats the same thing every 15 mins! It's similar to roiling news! Next time count the number of callers per hour!
Thankfully there is often a game to listen too, and then Stan comes over very well!  but the phone in?????????

So does mean you do like him or you don't?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #323 on: January 03, 2014, 12:14:45 PM »
Outside the West Midlands the media don't care about us enough to hate us. Inside, too many who should be either supportive or critically friendly go out of their way to downcry us.

Online Clampy

« Reply #324 on: January 03, 2014, 12:18:38 PM »
Listen from 19:49 on for some classic CallMeFranksy down-talking.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p01ngq32/The_West_Midlands_Football_PhoneIn_02_01_2014/

I'm not sure who's the biggest arse on there. 'Call me Franskey' or that Stripeyfilth twat Eddie who mentioned Villa 5 seconds into his call.

And that 'Villa Fan' who rings up on 34 mins, what absolute drivel he came out with. Rings up to tell the airwaves that he's refusing to go to the game tomorrow because of what Lambert has said and reckoned we should get Charlie Adam on loan.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 12:29:57 PM by Clampy »

Offline Damo70

« Reply #325 on: January 03, 2014, 12:58:25 PM »
The West Midlands has a club without a ground, a club without a manager, a club who have suffered two successive relegations and a club facing an uncertain future and possible administration. Despite all that a local radio station gives us the vote as the region's crisis club on a weekly basis.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #326 on: January 03, 2014, 01:02:01 PM »

You are dead right. Stan keeps telling people to call but very few get the chance. We drove from Villa Park to Wales and, by the time we got to Shrewsbury, there had only been one caller. However, he is a good presenter.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #327 on: January 03, 2014, 01:12:03 PM »
Stan's entertaining as he should be and never lets an "I'm a Villa fan" opportunity pass by which irrespective of his past is refreshing to hear in a football media world dominated by conversation about Sky 4 or 6 or whatever it is now. It's nice to hear the likes of McInally or Stan, and Merson at times still mention us with great affection, and if they are doing it when things aren't that great your know they'd be well up for it if things started to go really well.

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #328 on: January 03, 2014, 01:18:41 PM »
That guy who continues to refer to our Goalkeeper as a variation on a piece of coated chicken (Gujan) and Libor as a balding american detective (Kojak) should really be only employed to give the West Midlands coastal weather report and that during the night shift 

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #329 on: January 03, 2014, 01:24:36 PM »

You are dead right. Stan keeps telling people to call but very few get the chance. We drove from Villa Park to Wales and, by the time we got to Shrewsbury, there had only been one caller. However, he is a good presenter.

He gets excited and ends up talking too much, but I actually prefer how honest he is with the way he talks. He doesn't play devils advocate, he says what he thinks and that's fair enough.

Far better to listen to Stan than that smug gimp Green.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal