collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

Re: FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by LeeB
[Today at 11:20:10 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 11:13:40 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Nev
[Today at 11:12:18 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 876769 times)

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
Re: Radio WM
« Reply #165 on: October 07, 2013, 11:41:15 PM »
I am much happier to have a Randy than a Gold/Mr Wigan type,but saying that sometime we shoot ourselves in the foot.How much would a good PR man/women cost?

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #166 on: October 24, 2013, 10:14:30 AM »
The MAIN "story" on the Radio WM sport bulletin I heard this morning was that Steve Froggatt's opinion is that Villa are not physical enough in midfield, and this is becoming a real problem for Paul Lambert.

How is this news? And there was me imagining we had 7 points from the last 4 games and were mid-table having already played Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Citeh and Chelsea, when in fact we are actually a club in crisis! 

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #167 on: October 24, 2013, 11:41:38 AM »
I was anti him because he was purely PR.

I think if he came back and was honest from the outset about his job he'd be welcomed by most fans, if not all.

Unfortunately, the manner of his departure (not so much as a three line "I'm off" note) - at least in my opinion - made it look very much like the first sight of stormy waters, and they were off.

Despite having strenuously told us they were in it for the long run etc etc.

The departure was handled very shabbily by the club.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #168 on: October 24, 2013, 11:41:55 AM »
By "departure" I mean "disengagement", in this instance.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #169 on: October 24, 2013, 11:49:42 AM »
The MAIN "story" on the Radio WM sport bulletin I heard this morning was that Steve Froggatt's opinion is that Villa are not physical enough in midfield, and this is becoming a real problem for Paul Lambert.

How is this news? And there was me imagining we had 7 points from the last 4 games and were mid-table having already played Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Citeh and Chelsea, when in fact we are actually a club in crisis! 

I listened to it on Tuesday night. Franksey was trying to stir up callers by suggesting the Albion are above us in the table. He went on to lavish praise on Wolves for their good start and for making Molinuex a 'fortress' whilst not saying a word about Walsall who have spent next to nothing and only a few points behind them. What an arsehole.

Offline eastie

« Reply #170 on: October 24, 2013, 12:23:55 PM »
I don't think it has to be Randy, but I do think it should be someone of credibility (see the thread from a few weeks ago).

I certainly agree that Pat Murphy - for whom I have always had a great deal of respect - sulked for years on the subject while Neil Moxley - someone who I also like and respect - appears to let his personal feelings on certain individuals colour his judgement. 

I personally like pat murphy , I don't always agree with him and have exchanged tweets with him on varied issues but he does take time to reply and give his side of things - quite a sense of humour too .

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #171 on: October 24, 2013, 06:41:18 PM »
I see 'call me Franksy' is still trying to sell Benteke to Tottenham.
F#ck off.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #172 on: October 24, 2013, 06:44:27 PM »
Franksy is a terrible presenter these days.

I reckon he's doing this on purpose. Of course if you put Villa as the main talking point you'll probably get the most calls.

Offline Steve kirk

« Reply #173 on: October 24, 2013, 07:24:40 PM »
Used to have a lot of time for the Radio WM sports team but cannot listen to the phone ins anymore, there is such a negative vibe about our Villa no matter what our situation is.

Offline Grande Pablo

« Reply #174 on: October 25, 2013, 01:02:46 PM »

Froggy's opinion is simply that & not news.  I'm not sure if anyone remembers a BBC comedy show a few years back that did 'Vauge News', but all of BBC WM's news output now is exactly that.  Awful.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #175 on: October 25, 2013, 01:36:32 PM »

Froggy's opinion is simply that & not news.  I'm not sure if anyone remembers a BBC comedy show a few years back that did 'Vauge News', but all of BBC WM's news output now is exactly that.  Awful.

Talksport are (or were, I rarely listen now) guilty of this and what constitutes news now can be anything, from the Beeb with barely disguised adverts for their entertainment output on 5Live to the hysterical reaction to some moderate weather.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #176 on: October 25, 2013, 01:42:07 PM »
Most of the SKY Sports News team spend most of their time following footballers on Twitter to come up with 'news'.

Offline class_of_82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #177 on: October 25, 2013, 05:49:00 PM »
i live in the manchester area of essex now so i dont thank god have to listen to that anti villa shite that has been going on for years they do it so people will ring in to boost the ratings that all just turn the shit off.

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #178 on: October 25, 2013, 09:01:53 PM »

I listened to it on Tuesday night. Franksey was trying to stir up callers by suggesting the Albion are above us in the table. He went on to lavish praise on Wolves for their good start and for making Molinuex a 'fortress' whilst not saying a word about Walsall who have spent next to nothing and only a few points behind them. What an arsehole.

I live in London and for the first time in donkey's years I listened to it via the internet on Wednesday and all he did was mention Wolves AND Walsall. As I say its been a while and its just nice to hear the accents, I'm sure he'd get on my tits after a while. 

Offline Grande Pablo

« Reply #179 on: October 25, 2013, 10:49:12 PM »
Equally as annoying is that I've been in the car with Talk Sport on 2 weeks running now to catch the start of the self-indulgent, self-proclaimed 'Talk Sport International', which is in effect Keys & Gray broadcasting from Doha using the worst Skype connection possible.  Utter bollocks.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal