collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 879891 times)

Offline Villafirst

Re: Radio WM
« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2013, 11:35:23 PM »
Last week we were "a one man team" Since we won without CB its " What would we do without Brad Guzan?" What about Delph, Clark & Kozak?

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #106 on: September 24, 2013, 08:48:10 AM »
Listened to the last 10 minutes of 'call me Franskey' tonight. What an utter twat. He was talking to an Stripeyfilth fan about them and for some reason dragged us into the discussion saying that we haven't brought any Premiership experience. Oh and I think Tonev might well be his scapegoat this season. He's a cock.

I caught that as well.  A couple of Villa fans called up & bashed Tonev, whilst Albion's last minute panic splurge on Sessignon, Amifaltano (sp) & Anichebe was deemed better business than our considered approach.

It does tend to consist of lonely blokes who call up to whinge about the slightest thing. 

Also a Villa fan rang up and said something along the lines of 'Well done to West Brom for beating the worst team in the league' to which Franskey replied 'well Norwich are almost as bad as Sunderland'. It was a pathetic reply really.

I'd have thought it matched the tone of the call?

Like I said, i only listened to the last 10 minutes or so, so whether the caller had to sit through 50 minutes of hearing how well the Stripeyfilth played at home against a team  who didn't want to play for their manager, i don't know.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #107 on: September 25, 2013, 07:27:28 PM »
Tonight they focused on the situation 3 years ago when both Villa & Spurs were chasing 4th spot - Villa's wage bill was higher than Spurs. The difference is so stark in the status of each club now. Some fans were blaming Lerner for giving up on the club and now appears disinterested. Has Lerner been over to watch his club this season?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #108 on: September 25, 2013, 07:33:57 PM »
What does it matter whether he has been to a game or not this season? The city is jam packed full of Villa fans who cannot be arsed to go a few miles down the road to watch us, I don't see why he should take stick because he lives in the US.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #109 on: September 25, 2013, 08:02:52 PM »
What does it matter whether he has been to a game or not this season? The city is jam packed full of Villa fans who cannot be arsed to go a few miles down the road to watch us, I don't see why he should take stick because he lives in the US.
I take your point, and I'm sure he goes as frequently as he can, but he's not just a Villa fan is he?  He owns the club.

Offline Ads

« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2013, 09:01:23 PM »
Is the owner needed on a match by match basis?

Offline hilts_coolerking

« Reply #111 on: September 25, 2013, 09:07:15 PM »
Is the owner needed on a match by match basis?
All I'm saying is that the owner can't reasonably compared to a casual fan, such as you described.

Offline Ads

« Reply #112 on: September 25, 2013, 09:09:38 PM »
I agree with you. The fans should be at games, the owner? That's up to him.

Offline hilts_coolerking

« Reply #113 on: September 25, 2013, 09:13:38 PM »
I agree with you. The fans should be at games, the owner? That's up to him.
You don't count him as a fan of the club?

Offline Ads

« Reply #114 on: September 25, 2013, 09:18:53 PM »
Maybe he is, whether in the same sense that we are probably not.

I don't see what difference it makes though even if he were Villa through and through, the guy lives in America, not Sutton Coldfield.

Offline hilts_coolerking

« Reply #115 on: September 25, 2013, 09:20:37 PM »
He must have got that tattoo to remind him which club he'd bought.

Offline Ads

« Reply #116 on: September 25, 2013, 09:24:04 PM »
I really don't see what difference it makes. Its a petty dig at the guy, who for the hundredth time, lives in the US. If I were in the US it would likely curb my ability to attend games.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #117 on: September 25, 2013, 09:39:53 PM »
The folk who care about the club most, drop everything and get to matches, I've a season ticket but haven't seen a live match yet. We don't half get precious about criticism of support on here, villa fAns will care more than Randy. He's got other demands on his time, so have I. I can accept that those who devote more time have a more legitimate claim to complain than I. I really struggle with the bit that those who never go have just as much a say as those who don't.

Offline hilts_coolerking

« Reply #118 on: September 25, 2013, 09:42:52 PM »
Well, I suppose that if someone was trying to second guess Lerner's level of interest in the Villa then they might think that two possible measures could be the amount of money he is spending on the club and the number of times he attends matches.  That's all.  Those might be reliable measures or they might not but in the absence of any other information some people will speculate however they can.  It's not something I indulge in myself but I can see why people do.

But to suggest he isn't a fan I would respectfully suggest is wide of the mark.  Not only is he a fan, he happens to be the one fan with the ability to alter things at the club.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #119 on: September 25, 2013, 09:54:52 PM »
He used to spend shitloads on players and now he doesn't, I don't blame him, I wouldn't either but it's pretty difficult to argue with those who say his level of interest has dropped.

I enjoyed last season more than most, it bought us all together, but if we want to actually compete at the other end of the table then Randy needs to spend serious money. I'm not sure he ever will again.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal