collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

Re: FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by LeeB
[Today at 11:20:10 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 11:13:40 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Nev
[Today at 11:12:18 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 876770 times)

Offline Damo70

Re: Radio WM
« Reply #90 on: September 21, 2013, 10:34:21 AM »
Waterman doesn't go to Walsall anymore. He used to go regularly with one of his sons but I think he passed away and so he prefers to watch their good results from afar now.

On WM, I know Dave seemed to hint a while ago in a H&V interview that Paul Franks is supposedly a Villa fan but I really don't see it as he's incredibly biased towards Wolves.

Before every single home game this season he's been ranting on about teams turning up to the "league one equivilant of Wembley" even though both Sheffield clubs and Leeds have been in this division recently and all three have larger grounds than Wolves, possibly Forest aswell.
The dogheads ground is a very good ground imv.

Both Sheffield grounds are pretty shit to be fair. Big but shit. Long time since I was at Leeds and Molineux is defo better than Forest.

League One Wembley is a bit of a lazy slogan mind.

League One Wembley sounds like a cheap football you would have had as a kid in the seventies.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #91 on: September 21, 2013, 11:54:32 AM »
I like Bramell Lane tbh, never been to Hillsborough and Elland Road looks rundown from the outside.

Moulineux is a proper ground which we usually win on (as do most teams), bit cramped in the away win though.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2013, 02:53:35 PM »
No commentary on WM today. Well it certainly wasn't on their FM feed.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #93 on: September 21, 2013, 02:57:35 PM »
The Gary Linekar wannabe on BT Sport is doing his best to slag us off today. What a cock. I presume he is a Norwich fan.

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #94 on: September 21, 2013, 03:42:40 PM »
The Gary Linekar wannabe on BT Sport is doing his best to slag us off today. What a cock. I presume he is a Norwich fan.

He is.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jake_Humphrey

Offline Grande Pablo

« Reply #95 on: September 21, 2013, 04:11:51 PM »

I've just watched the build up on Sky+.  He's a former carrot cruncher, having worked in a hotel in his youth & waited for Iwan Roberts.

I can only assume it was soup with a straw.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2013, 07:03:50 PM »
Listened to the last 10 minutes of 'call me Franskey' tonight. What an utter twat. He was talking to an Stripeyfilth fan about them and for some reason dragged us into the discussion saying that we haven't brought any Premiership experience. Oh and I think Tonev might well be his scapegoat this season. He's a cock.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 07:06:39 PM by Clampy »

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2013, 07:58:21 PM »
Franksey is dreadful.

The rest of the WM comms/reporters are o.k on the whole I think.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2013, 08:12:10 PM »
Listened to the last 10 minutes of 'call me Franskey' tonight. What an utter twat. He was talking to an Stripeyfilth fan about them and for some reason dragged us into the discussion saying that we haven't brought any Premiership experience. Oh and I think Tonev might well be his scapegoat this season. He's a cock.
Franksey or Tonev ?

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2013, 09:27:03 PM »
Not WM and it might just be me, but the football coverage on Free Radio / XTRA AM or whatever it is called now seems to be focused very much on Blues these days.  I don't know if there is some kind of issue with them covering Premier League games, but Tom Ross only really seems interested in what's happening with that shower.   

I don't get that with Tom Ross to be honest, despite him being a blue nose. I'm not sure if they cover Villa away games or can afford to but I think he does his best to keep it as unbiased towards his own club as possible.

Always felt that used to be the case Clampy, but recently it all seems to be about Blues.  Again, I'm not sure if they can cover Premier League games on that station anymore, but match days always seem to be about the Blues.

Offline Villa-Villan

« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2013, 09:45:50 PM »
Franksey is dreadful.

He is indeed a fool who believes he is some sort of local legend....Sadly for him, he is the only one who actually believes that.

Also lets not forget BBC WM sacked our very own Carl Chinn who always plugged the Villa given half a chance.

Offline Grande Pablo

« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2013, 10:33:33 PM »

I caught that as well.  A couple of Villa fans called up & bashed Tonev, whilst Albion's last minute panic splurge on Sessignon, Amifaltano (sp) & Anichebe was deemed better business than our considered approach.

It does tend to consist of lonely blokes who call up to whinge about the slightest thing. 

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #102 on: September 23, 2013, 10:40:25 PM »

I caught that as well.  A couple of Villa fans called up & bashed Tonev, whilst Albion's last minute panic splurge on Sessignon, Amifaltano (sp) & Anichebe was deemed better business than our considered approach.

It does tend to consist of lonely blokes who call up to whinge about the slightest thing. 

Also a Villa fan rang up and said something along the lines of 'Well done to West Brom for beating the worst team in the league' to which Franskey replied 'well Norwich are almost as bad as Sunderland'. It was a pathetic reply really.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #103 on: September 23, 2013, 10:50:00 PM »
Franksey is dreadful.

He is indeed a fool who believes he is some sort of local legend....Sadly for him, he is the only one who actually believes that.

Also lets not forget BBC WM sacked our very own Carl Chinn who always plugged the Villa given half a chance.

Who was it on WM early last season who said that Benteke would never make it in the Premier League? 

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2013, 11:09:36 PM »

Also a Villa fan rang up and said something along the lines of 'Well done to West Brom for beating the worst team in the league' to which Franskey replied 'well Norwich are almost as bad as Sunderland'. It was a pathetic reply really.

I'd have thought it matched the tone of the call?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal