collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:10:30 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 876897 times)

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: Radio WM
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2013, 03:25:23 PM »
Quality thread, love most the posts, particularly the one referring to wm as MF. yeah I have been coming to that conclusion about franksie being a tool for a while now.
General opinion about Villa is good start, room for improvement, but going in the right direction. All that said I still am aiming for just above a half way finish this season. that wanker franksie starts trying to up the anti by getting "fans" to predict top 6 top 4; for what reason so as when we aint up there he can crank up the anti Villa bolox . just to give a bit of balance here I think tom toss is a c*** as well, bluenose shit hates us, imho. I couldn't stand his snide remarks of anything Villa.

How can this city have two local radio stations and have wankers as their football correspondents,

THIS IS POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD

NO IT ISN'T AND WHY ARE WE SHOUTING?

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2013, 04:23:09 PM »
I don't subscribe to the idea that any media organisation should "back us", that's the job of the in-house organisation. Local media should slant their coverage towards their local clubs.

If WM do go over the top it is probably aimed at creating debate and feedback that, as many radio stations have found out, has gone through the floor with the advent of the internet and sites such as this.

Local media may not be to your taste, but they are the only organisations who treat Villa as something more than just cannon fodder for Sky's current favourites.

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2013, 04:40:40 PM »
Quality thread, love most the posts, particularly the one referring to wm as MF. yeah I have been coming to that conclusion about franksie being a tool for a while now.
General opinion about Villa is good start, room for improvement, but going in the right direction. All that said I still am aiming for just above a half way finish this season. that wanker franksie starts trying to up the anti by getting "fans" to predict top 6 top 4; for what reason so as when we aint up there he can crank up the anti Villa bolox . just to give a bit of balance here I think tom toss is a c*** as well, bluenose shit hates us, imho. I couldn't stand his snide remarks of anything Villa.

How can this city have two local radio stations and have wankers as their football correspondents,

THIS IS POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD

NO IT ISN'T AND WHY ARE WE SHOUTING?

well I suppose that's opinions for you, I commented on it cuz I thought, it was fun and as ive said, kind of agree with a lot of the posters.

the shouting bit well again I was having I thought a bit of fun, but I am quite new on here. and I WILL TAKE NOTICE OF LONGER TIME POSTERS.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2013, 05:19:11 PM »
Ed Doolan is a pensioners favourite. Some of them listen to him with religious reverence.

Is he still alive then?

Doolan has made a career out of having a list of tradesmens phone numbers which he gives out to old age pensioners who dont have the internet or have lost their yellow pages. In addition he has a list of phone numbers for various local council departments which he can palm people off with when they have problems. If he does want to talk to someone in a bit of authority to sort out a listeners problem, his reserachers do all the spade work then he comes in at the last second to take all the glory.
I'm not as young or as tolerant as I was but I still view him as a real grumpy old sod, someone who could blow his top at any second with a caller that upsets him if they say the wrong thing in the world according to Doolan.
Worst of all he appears to have no real interest in football. I have heard him with Doug on his show a couple of times, and it was Doolan coming out with all the crap !
Its like listening to Tony Butler in a world where football was never invented. 

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2013, 05:34:01 PM »
Ed Doolan is a pensioners favourite. Some of them listen to him with religious reverence.

Is he still alive then?

Doolan has made a career out of having a list of tradesmens phone numbers which he gives out to old age pensioners who dont have the internet or have lost their yellow pages. In addition he has a list of phone numbers for various local council departments which he can palm people off with when they have problems. If he does want to talk to someone in a bit of authority to sort out a listeners problem, his reserachers do all the spade work then he comes in at the last second to take all the glory.
I'm not as young or as tolerant as I was but I still view him as a real grumpy old sod, someone who could blow his top at any second with a caller that upsets him if they say the wrong thing in the world according to Doolan.
Worst of all he appears to have no real interest in football. I have heard him with Doug on his show a couple of times, and it was Doolan coming out with all the crap !
Its like listening to Tony Butler in a world where football was never invented. 

Doolan made a career out of broadcasting, in his native Australia and here for pretty much all of his life. You may not like him or his style but he was very good. He made no secret of having researchers for his consumer show, he was the front man but would often tackle those in authority on air himself if need be. He interviewed some of the most famous people in the world in his time and also never claimed to be a sports broadcaster or sports journalist.

His consumer show ended at least five years ago and he is in semi-retirement now, probably ruminating on the fact that he got away with murder, after all, anyone could do what he did.

Offline kiddylion

« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2013, 06:24:07 PM »
well that's it,Tonev & Helenius arnt good enough apparently after 4 games sell them quick,just waiting for Mark from Woodgate Valley to come on now to give us the last rights!!!

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2013, 06:39:49 PM »
well that's it,Tonev & Helenius arnt good enough apparently after 4 games sell them quick,just waiting for Mark from Woodgate Valley to come on now to give us the last rights!!!

You'd have thought he'd be moaning why Kevin Doyle dose'nt get past 10 goals a season bearing in mind he cost Wolves nearly £7m. Fucking idiot.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2013, 07:52:17 PM »
In here as similarly linked, but is there any reason that Midlands Today doesn't show football results/ goals anymore? I fell asleep last night and missed the goals so taped Midlands today to view them. Nothing was on about last night, not even a sheet of results from what I could tell on a middling speed fast forward. Luckily I taped Central news as well so did see them.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2013, 09:39:29 PM »

Woodgate Valley where is that?

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2013, 09:48:23 PM »

Just down the road from Hell!

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2013, 01:17:17 AM »
In here as similarly linked, but is there any reason that Midlands Today doesn't show football results/ goals anymore? I fell asleep last night and missed the goals so taped Midlands today to view them. Nothing was on about last night, not even a sheet of results from what I could tell on a middling speed fast forward. Luckily I taped Central news as well so did see them.

Yes, I noticed that too. Hung around in the canteen at work for nearly half an hour, risking the wrath of gaffers, to see the goals again, to no avail. Must be a BBC midlands conspiracy. They'd have showed if we'd lost that's for sure.

The Brummagem news in general has gone to shit lately. Almost every night it begins with a story of some hospital or other fucking up and I am bored shitless with it.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2013, 08:13:02 AM »

Bartley Green/Quinton, south west Birmingham.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2013, 08:50:35 AM »
I don't subscribe to the idea that any media organisation should "back us", that's the job of the in-house organisation. Local media should slant their coverage towards their local clubs.

If WM do go over the top it is probably aimed at creating debate and feedback that, as many radio stations have found out, has gone through the floor with the advent of the internet and sites such as this.

Local media may not be to your taste, but they are the only organisations who treat Villa as something more than just cannon fodder for Sky's current favourites.
Agree .

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2013, 09:00:24 AM »

Yes, I noticed that too. Hung around in the canteen at work for nearly half an hour, risking the wrath of gaffers, to see the goals again, to no avail. Must be a BBC midlands conspiracy. They'd have showed if we'd lost that's for sure.

The Brummagem news in general has gone to shit lately. Almost every night it begins with a story of some hospital or other fucking up and I am bored shitless with it.

Every time I watch local news it's the same. It's almost like there's an agenda to get as many bad news stories about the NHS in as possible, so when the day comes to hand it over to privateers, we'll all be grateful.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2013, 09:04:12 AM »

Every time I watch local news it's the same. It's almost like there's an agenda to get as many bad news stories about the NHS in as possible, so when the day comes to hand it over to privateers, we'll all be grateful.

Never thought of that. Those bloody BBC lefties at it again are they?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal