collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 876764 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Radio WM
« on: August 27, 2013, 10:00:35 PM »
I know they get mentioned regularly but tonight was borderline hilarious. I switched on, they were talking about the Stripeys (one point in two games, star striker vanished they know not where). No problems there. Then Small Heath (three points from  four games, administration and/or relegation beckoning). Not particularly bothered. Then a Villa (better start than we expected, with luck could have been even better) supporter rang up. Cue a rant from Paul 'Franksy' Franks about how badly we played on Saturday - he listened on the radio, which was big of him; Randy never spends anything, the fans want answers, the players aren't good enough.

Who was it said that every set of fans thinks the media is against their club, but WM aren't even trying to hide their agenda anymore?

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
Re: Radio WM
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 10:08:34 PM »
Is it just the case that we're the only ones with any fans for him to get a reaction from? He could say what he liked about Small Heath and there'd be no-one out there to give a shit (and therefore phone in).

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 10:09:16 PM »
They are so biased against Villa it is almost comical. Franksey, the big cheese as he clearly likes to make himself out as, spouts such an amount of utter rubbish at times I have to turn him off, yet Albion who mange to make Randy, even in these times of austerity, look like Donald Trump on a spending spree, are seen as some kind of great bastion of footballing brilliance. They want to moan about us because they think it makes good shows I think. Truth is everywhere else in the media is seeing us in a really positive way, why our local radio station can't get on board I have no idea.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 10:10:50 PM »
As I said the other day, I would be amazed if there were another local BBC radio station anywhere in this country which is so anti- their biggest local football team.

It's beyond a joke these days.

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 10:16:46 PM »
Why even bother tuning into them? I'd rather listen to talkshite!

Offline Grande Pablo

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 10:22:17 PM »
It's very light listening, almost a radio version of 'Shoot'.  They continually dig up the 'which Albion player would Villa like' & 'what Villa player would Albion like' whenever there's a slow news day.  Same old lonely stagers call in, & it is better than rent-a-gob Durham & Gough on TalkShite.

To balance, Regan & Peter Withe bought tears to my eye when Luna scored at Arsenal.  You could detect the sheer excitment in their voices.  It bought back memories of the pre-Sky days when you had to rely on radio commentaries to get by.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 10:26:49 PM »
In fairness I listened to them on the way back from the match on Saturday and I thought the post match analysis was fair, we huffed and puffed and lacked a cutting edge and probably need an AM was the gist of it and pretty much the same on here.

Can't remember who was hosting the show but it wasn't Paul Franks. Seems to me he has the issues with us and is incredibly negative when things start to go wrong. You sure he's a villa fan?!

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 10:48:08 PM »
If we were to finish 6th this season and Wolves finished 2nd in League 1, I know who they'd heap the most praise on.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 10:57:35 PM »
I called Franksie a Wanker when he was walking out of VP last season.The only other person I have done that to is James Whale 15 years ago.I must have a problem with people on the radio.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2013, 11:27:13 PM »
I know they get mentioned regularly but tonight was borderline hilarious. I switched on, they were talking about the Stripeys (one point in two games, star striker vanished they know not where). No problems there. Then Small Heath (three points from  four games, administration and/or relegation beckoning). Not particularly bothered. Then a Villa (better start than we expected, with luck could have been even better) supporter rang up. Cue a rant from Paul 'Franksy' Franks about how badly we played on Saturday - he listened on the radio, which was big of him; Randy never spends anything, the fans want answers, the players aren't good enough.

Who was it said that every set of fans thinks the media is against their club, but WM aren't even trying to hide their agenda anymore?

Did they have their roving reporter Richie Anderson posing questions that he had already answered himself?

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2013, 11:44:46 PM »
I'd rather listen to the shipping forecast than WM. And I don't even own a boat.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 12:18:36 AM »
Didn't Franks intimate he was a Villa fan in an old issue of H&V in a "Talking About You" article?

It's a shit anti-Villa station, but I still have to listen to it occasionally for the commentary. Why they are so anti us is beyond me.

Offline Yossarian

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2013, 12:22:11 AM »
Them motherfuckers are lost. They aren't even able to muster a fart. Local radio is nearly dead. In their death knell they are thrashing about for someone to attack. I reckon about only twelve people listen to them peak time.

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2013, 07:05:19 AM »
Does anyone else remember the ridiculous comments Paul Franks made about Petrov during his first season at the club. We know it took him a while to settle but Franks ranted week after week that Petrov wasn't good enough, never would be, not fit to wear the shirt etc etc.
I stopped listening to the prat then, suggest others do to.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2013, 07:11:45 AM »
He's a fucking idiot.

One week he was saying NRC should be in the England squad, next week he's saying he's a Championship player.

I can't stand the station.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal