collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 881301 times)

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
Re: Radio WM
« Reply #3990 on: March 24, 2019, 12:54:12 PM »
That semi-retired 6 goal striker Dugarry is in their HoF and is considered a legend sums them up far better than anything any of us could ever say would.

I hope this doesn’t get lost here, but I’ve seen that it must be his birthday today and blues have put out a 2 min video of his highlights to celebrate. It consists of about 1:40 of missed chances and hair flicking with very little in the way of goals. It will be in their twitter feed if you are interested. It got retweeted by a nose note so appeared in my timeline.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #3991 on: March 24, 2019, 04:50:28 PM »
Just about every nose i have heard just has to mention the Villa .They are obsessed with us.The worst one is the prat who runs the web site Almajir.net .You can guarantee that when ever he opens his mouth and gives his opinion, he will without fail mention "Our breathren across the expressway" Without Villa to worry about he would have a lonely life
I've watched a couple of his vlogs and if ever i had to describe someone who's never kissed a girl....well....indeed, without us across the expressway then he would be very lonely.

I suspect he has kissed a lot of girls but without their consent. He probably has a framed collection of restraining orders.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #3992 on: March 24, 2019, 05:00:06 PM »
I've said it before but him being a legend and in their hall of fame says more about them as a club than anything we ever could.

I thought the general rule of thumb in them deciding who was or wasn't a Small Heath legend was whether or not they had ever scored against the Villa. A few years back on a lads weekend in Blackpool my bluenose cousin took great delight in showing Nev and myself and another Villa supporting mate of ours a video of a Mikael Forsell goal against the Villa on his mobile phone. Even when we pointed out we had won the game 5-1 he still couldn't quite grasp why we weren't particularly upset or angered by the goal. I always think this personal little story sums up noses better than anything else I could possibly say.

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #3993 on: March 24, 2019, 07:56:50 PM »
That was the John Carew game wasn't it?
Was the one where I looked at my then 10 yo son standing on his seat cheering and I thought "Yes, you've got Villa for life now son". A job well done, on all accounts

Offline Damo70

« Reply #3994 on: March 25, 2019, 12:38:10 PM »
That was the John Carew game wasn't it?
Was the one where I looked at my then 10 yo son standing on his seat cheering and I thought "Yes, you've got Villa for life now son". A job well done, on all accounts

Yes. I have a framed picture of about five of the players with Mellberg right in the middle celebrating a goal together. I think it was the fifth goal.

Offline Leicester_Villian

« Reply #3995 on: April 08, 2019, 12:50:26 PM »
Should be a fun listen tonight ....... cant wait to hear the "Bottlers Ay We" fans telling how they are going to win the FA Cup lol

Offline Damo70

« Reply #3996 on: April 08, 2019, 03:39:39 PM »
Should be a fun listen tonight ....... cant wait to hear the "Bottlers Ay We" fans telling how they are going to win the FA Cup lol

I have no idea why people are making fun of their defeat yesterday. Anyone with any real football knowledge will understand that Nuno's substitutions that seemed strange at the time yesterday were actually taking into account that they have prioritized Champions League qualification over winning the FA Cup.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #3997 on: April 08, 2019, 03:51:50 PM »
I am in Lanzarote and thought I would drop in a bar and actually support wolves being a Midland team ,them playing some decent football etc etc.
5 minutes in surrounded by a group of dingles and it reminded me just how deluded these fucker are.
Must admit I smiled when Watford got the winner.

Oh and Traore - has there ever been a player that promises so much and delivers so little

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #3998 on: April 08, 2019, 04:08:03 PM »
That semi-retired 6 goal striker Dugarry is in their HoF and is considered a legend sums them up far better than anything any of us could ever say would.

I hope this doesn’t get lost here, but I’ve seen that it must be his birthday today and blues have put out a 2 min video of his highlights to celebrate. It consists of about 1:40 of missed chances and hair flicking with very little in the way of goals. It will be in their twitter feed if you are interested. It got retweeted by a nose note so appeared in my timeline.
When Dugarry played for France, his nickname was "Du Gâchis" (pronounced a bit like 'due gashy').

It means "waste[ful]"

Offline Damo70

« Reply #3999 on: April 08, 2019, 04:27:06 PM »

When Dugarry played for France, his nickname was "Du Gâchis" (pronounced a bit like 'due gashy').

It means "waste[ful]"

Due Gashy also sounds like French for a pile of gash. I wonder how much he was paid per goal for those six goals. If I remember right he played in the Gary Cahill goal game and even in their cup final he seemed rather disinterested. Not someone you would want alongside you in the trenches in my opinion.

Offline villabear

« Reply #4000 on: April 12, 2019, 12:03:55 AM »
WM ‘football family’ gold tonight. Wolves fan Jazz saying he wasn’t that bothered about losing the semi final but they would have had a much better chance if they’d have had a drummer in their end like the Watford fans had. Even when quizzed about the actual game he was still adamant what a great atmosphere it created.

All week I’ve heard when listening “we aye that bothered”. Not bothered losing a semi final?

A nose then phoned up to complain they hadn’t played the Blose goal at the end of last nights show but they had played the Villa goals. Apparently WM are biased towards us.

Made me laugh after a seven game winning run hearing local ‘legend’ Martin O’Conner give us begrudging praise.

Offline Roysmert

« Reply #4001 on: April 12, 2019, 10:53:48 AM »
"evening Skip" what a load of bollix

Offline kiddylion

« Reply #4002 on: April 12, 2019, 06:53:59 PM »
Won 7 games in a row & some Villa fan rings in wanting to change formation to 3-4-3 with Elmo in the back 3 tomorrow.

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #4003 on: April 12, 2019, 07:20:10 PM »
Won 7 games in a row & some Villa fan rings in wanting to change formation to 3-4-3 with Elmo in the back 3 tomorrow.

Indeed. Football fans generally know eff all. That's why we leave it to the experts;  Bruce, Sherwood, Lambert.

Offline dekko

« Reply #4004 on: April 13, 2019, 10:58:59 AM »

And Taylor! He wanted us  to go Taylor-Tuanzebe-Elmo lmao

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal