collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 881404 times)

Offline Pvb1968

Re: Radio WM
« Reply #3750 on: December 14, 2018, 06:58:54 PM »
Tony butler with his prayer mat.

Offline Grocer

« Reply #3751 on: December 14, 2018, 07:42:58 PM »

I honestly think some people imagine this anti Villa thing. It's a shit show with largely awful callers from all local clubs.

But i've never sensed any anti Villa vibe. They wind up and talk shit about all the local clubs from time to time to get callers.

Standard practice.

I agree. It's a terrible quality show but I don't think, from a presenter perspective, it is any more down on the Villa than other clubs. They ask the same sort of annoying partly rhetorical questions about all clubs.

What does happen, however, is that most callers who support other clubs almost always have a dig at Villa. This used to be primarily the domain of Blues fans but is now almost worse from Albion fans, and even Wolves fans have joined in (starting last season). There was an Albion fan on last night who constantly mentioned Villa, saying if they finished 23rd and we finished 24th it would be a great season. He didn't realise how small time and pathetic he sounded. There's also a sickening love-in between Albion and Blues fans - I had always thought Albion were slightly better than that.

Apart from Alan (!) Villa fans rarely focus on other clubs.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #3752 on: December 14, 2018, 07:56:34 PM »
There is definitely an anti Villa slant on there.  It’s very subtle but it’s there.  Anything positive about us is skewed into a ‘let’s put it out there’ negative mostly by Franks.  The latest one being ‘will Abraham go back to Chelsea and will that derail (hopefully) Villas season?  Not, ‘will Villa make it 7 unbeaten against Stoke?  There’s every chance you’d think.’

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #3753 on: December 14, 2018, 08:00:31 PM »
It's not just the phone in though. It permeates everywhere on the station
E.g. A Villa home match will be relegated in a sports news report in favour of Blues or Albion away.
I heard a press conference at length with Gary Monk who were playing away ,no mention of Villa at home,let alone a press conference
Listen carefully to their news match reports,they'll be riddled with negative Villa comments, whereas Blues perform heroics at fortress St Andrews
I have stopped listening and the sooner the station ceases the better

In fairness they do that for all clubs, will always prioritise covering an away game that only 2-3k can see live as opposed to home games when you can pop down without too much issue if you really want to.

Am going tomorrow but if I wasn't I wouldn't have an issue if they had SHA on instead which I assume they're doing.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #3754 on: December 14, 2018, 08:01:46 PM »
I listen to it when I am in Brum. It seems to me they indulge the tin pot neighbours and adopt Talksport style baiting to get callers to wither come and defend us or attack us.

Nearly every call mentions us.

Out of interest does BBC Radio Manchester do a football phone in every weeknight?

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #3755 on: December 14, 2018, 08:03:28 PM »
There is definitely an anti Villa slant on there.  It’s very subtle but it’s there.  Anything positive about us is skewed into a ‘let’s put it out there’ negative mostly by Franks.  The latest one being ‘will Abraham go back to Chelsea and will that derail (hopefully) Villas season?  Not, ‘will Villa make it 7 unbeaten against Stoke?  There’s every chance you’d think.’

West Brom are in a similar situation with Harvey Barnes as Leicester can recall him in January. Dwight Gayle possibly aswell. Their two best and non cheating attacking players.

I imagine Fransky has been slow to point that out.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #3756 on: December 14, 2018, 08:04:53 PM »

Tonight's one from Franks - "How good is John McGinn?", next breath "will any a Premier League clubs come in for John McGinn in January?". 

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #3757 on: December 14, 2018, 08:06:07 PM »

West Brom are in a similar situation with Harvey Barnes as Leicester can recall him in January. Dwight Gayle possibly aswell. Their two best and non cheating attacking players.

I imagine Fransky has been slow to point that out.

They bizarrely keep talking about Barnes as if he is an Albion player rather than a loan signing.  Seem to remember them doing the same with Lukaku when he was there.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3758 on: December 14, 2018, 09:23:53 PM »

I honestly think some people imagine this anti Villa thing. It's a shit show with largely awful callers from all local clubs.

But i've never sensed any anti Villa vibe. They wind up and talk shit about all the local clubs from time to time to get callers.

Standard practice.

I agree. It's a terrible quality show but I don't think, from a presenter perspective, it is any more down on the Villa than other clubs. They ask the same sort of annoying partly rhetorical questions about all clubs.

What does happen, however, is that most callers who support other clubs almost always have a dig at Villa. This used to be primarily the domain of Blues fans but is now almost worse from Albion fans, and even Wolves fans have joined in (starting last season). There was an Albion fan on last night who constantly mentioned Villa, saying if they finished 23rd and we finished 24th it would be a great season. He didn't realise how small time and pathetic he sounded. There's also a sickening love-in between Albion and Blues fans - I had always thought Albion were slightly better than that.

Apart from Alan (!) Villa fans rarely focus on other clubs.
Speaking of that sickening blues/Albion love in I'm watching sheff utd v smethwick and their  boring fans are going through the full repertoire of anti villa songs they've copied off small heath. What a pathetic bunch of twats. Oh and I almost forgot they're also singing that hymn that one of their fans wrote in 1764.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 09:44:18 AM by The Edge »

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #3759 on: December 14, 2018, 11:22:00 PM »
They also claimed Barnes had the edge on Grealish last week because Barnes set up a goal.

......Grealish very clearly set up our first.

Offline Pvb1968

« Reply #3760 on: December 15, 2018, 01:15:31 AM »
There a bunch of wankers, sly weasley fuckers who can't stand up on there own. We will have our day and they know it. Fuck em.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #3761 on: December 15, 2018, 02:30:46 AM »
I only ever listen to it for the commentary if I can't get to an away game, but my brother always listens after a match for the entertainment value and can be heard laughing his head off for the duration.

Can't be worse than Strictly and various Brother reality shows;  probably has the same intentions.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #3762 on: December 16, 2018, 08:55:46 PM »
Didn't Jack assist for both goals at The Yawnthorns?

Offline Darlo Dave

« Reply #3763 on: December 21, 2018, 12:57:18 PM »
Pretty much given up WM this season, after listening for a little while last season. I'm assuming the current Wolves side is still the best West Midlands football team that's ever existed?

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #3764 on: December 21, 2018, 01:26:57 PM »
Which of the following is factually correct?

It is the best ever promoted side.
It will get into Europe this season
Win the league the season after
Win the Champions League the season after
With last weekends win against Bournemouth it was the first time since 1980 they had won three games on the trot.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal