collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 881092 times)

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
Re: Radio WM
« Reply #3690 on: December 08, 2018, 09:07:30 PM »
Paul Franks gloating about today's results.

W@nker.

Look at Ritchie Anderson's tweet from last night. They're not even trying to hide it anymore.

I saw your retweet Dave. Anderson gave us a pathetic small time celebration. We are the Villa and we hold such puerile behaviour in contempt.

Thinking about it does anyone actually listen to WM anymore? It’s amateurish drivel, not just the football phone in but the entire schedule.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #3691 on: December 09, 2018, 01:33:31 AM »

W@nker.

Look at Ritchie Anderson's tweet from last night. They're not even trying to hide it anymore.

He certainly doesn't Dave. Referś to Albion as "we" when he's on there and often has a dig at us. 

Offline Pvb1968

« Reply #3692 on: December 09, 2018, 03:40:10 AM »
Is Tom Ross still on brmb with George gavin?
That was quality entertainment in its day.

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3693 on: December 09, 2018, 09:51:14 AM »
Sir Brian Little on live now - great insight into his career ahead of a new book launch.
I'm really enjoying this book although it could have been edited better. A few typos (one from the intro repeated on the jacket cover!) and a few repeated passages. He has probably been told the Outer Circle bus is no. 11 -not no. 7 -I suspect this was dictated and misheard.
The most fascinating thing is how sheltered a life he led despite being brought up in a coal mining family and that becoming a football apprentice was much like joining the army. Despite his brother Allan being hard as nails he was frightened to death by just about everyone and everything-except when he got on the pitch. Extraordinary.
Heh! Spotted a typo of my own...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 09:55:53 AM by kipeye »

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #3694 on: December 09, 2018, 10:44:04 AM »

W@nker.

He certainly doesn't Dave. Referś to Albion as "we" when he's on there and often has a dig at us. 

I think he's a bellend. Don't like listening to him, nor seeing him on the telly.

As for 'Franksy'...knob.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #3695 on: December 09, 2018, 11:34:46 AM »

W@nker.

I think he's a bellend. Don't like listening to him, nor seeing him on the telly.

As for 'Franksy'...knob.

Richie Anderson has been at WM for a good few years now but he still sounds like a YTS trainee.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #3696 on: December 09, 2018, 11:40:24 AM »

W@nker.

In fairness Ritchie Anderson says he supports West Brom.

I have more respect for people in the media who admit who they support than Paul Franks who refuses to say for whatever reason.

Offline Roysmert

« Reply #3697 on: December 09, 2018, 12:15:09 PM »
WM is infested with stripey filth. Anderson, that buffoon at breakfast that claims to have grown up in Walsall, the "legend" Sneekes (some legend he is), that utter bell end Goldberg ("goldie" I ask you), Brown the epitome of that tinpot club, all of them utter thick cut crusts.

As for "my name's Fransky" - he's Wolves and bizarrely Blackburn but then judging by the equally bizarre behaviour of their abysmal support whenever we have to visit their grimy, grim backwards northern village I ought not be surprised.

And thanks for having me here. UTV, Roy.

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #3698 on: December 09, 2018, 12:19:09 PM »
Not keen then Roy?   ;)  You're welcome BTW.

Offline godzvilla

« Reply #3699 on: December 09, 2018, 02:50:51 PM »
NRC?...BIT LATE IN THE DAY FOR NIGEL Reo Coker, i'D HAVE THOUGHT.......Godzvilla!

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #3700 on: December 09, 2018, 04:52:59 PM »
Franksy Blackburn? First time I've heard that!

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #3701 on: December 09, 2018, 05:01:04 PM »
WM is infested with stripey filth. Anderson, that buffoon at breakfast that claims to have grown up in Walsall, the "legend" Sneekes (some legend he is), that utter bell end Goldberg ("goldie" I ask you), Brown the epitome of that tinpot club, all of them utter thick cut crusts.

As for "my name's Fransky" - he's Wolves and bizarrely Blackburn but then judging by the equally bizarre behaviour of their abysmal support whenever we have to visit their grimy, grim backwards northern village I ought not be surprised.

And thanks for having me here. UTV, Roy.
Haha...nice one Roy. Welcome.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #3702 on: December 09, 2018, 06:45:12 PM »

W@nker.

In fairness Ritchie Anderson says he supports West Brom.

I have more respect for people in the media who admit who they support than Paul Franks who refuses to say for whatever reason.

OK, but you would expect them to have some sense of neutrality when working on a station that covers an area where there are a number of clubs.  You would also expect them to want to attract as many listeners as possible and therefore not fit as many sly digs as they possibly can about the biggest club and the biggest fanbase in the area.  I've lost count of how many adverts I have heard for the football coverage on there that have contained some kind of swipe at us. 

I guess they have had a monopoly on football coverage in the area since the demise of the coverage on BRMB / XTRA AM (I never used to listen to WM when that was around), so that is why they carry on the way they do.  I'm pretty sure the only reason they allow so many morons on the phone-ins is so that they can all have a big laugh at their expense once the shows finish.  The level of punditry is pretty awful on there as well with some of Tony Brown's comments on Friday being a prime example.  When asked about how Albion would get round Villa's high pressing, there was a long pause before he came out with something like "it's all about who wins the battle tonight". 

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #3703 on: December 09, 2018, 07:56:44 PM »
Yes Bomber is very pro Albion but I don't mind his commentaries.

Ritchie Anderson is just a bit part presenter on there, only time I heard involved in their main football coverage was years ago when he was a roving reporter outside the grounds and could barely string a coherent sentence together so no surprise he didn't get a full time gig on there.

Franks though is a poor excuse for a lead presenter, has been for years with his constant sniping of us even when we're actually in good form as we are now.

Offline kiddylion

« Reply #3704 on: December 10, 2018, 12:11:43 AM »
We’re all part of the WM football family apparently

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal