collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 879828 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Radio WM
« Reply #3225 on: March 12, 2018, 10:35:54 PM »
Not related to WM, but while we are on the subject of Wolves, I was amused listening to the whinging of one of their fans on the train home today.

One of his pals had obviously set him off and I could just hear the odd moan of "jammy bloody Villa" and "we'm still above them, yow know". With his friends laughing at his expense he tried a defiant "well 'oo' s the best team in the Midlands, then?", only to be further irritated by an associate's tentative suggestion of "Stoke?".

After a few more minutes of ranting, including an "it ay even in the Midlands!", he calmed down for a bit, before absent-mindedly reading one of the advertisements on the train aloud. "What's that?... Part of the Proid"? It took a brief moment for the penny to drop. "AAAAAARGH! It's those bloody jammy Villa!"

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #3226 on: March 12, 2018, 11:02:01 PM »
Don't think he was ever on 20K a week. We weren't paying anyone 20K a week back then. I do remember him supposedly on similar money to our strikers, but back then that was 'only' 5-8K a week.

My mind might be playing tricks but my Wolves supporting Uncle arranged their insurance from the mid to late 90's. Bull was on a Kings ransom for that division. Better paid than any of our players by a mile.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #3227 on: April 21, 2018, 10:15:40 AM »
Ron Toss on Twitter:

Super game Millwall 0 Fulham 3 Quality finishing from Fulham - if you are in playoffs you would not want to face them

Oh do one Ron. More importantly, you wouldn't want to be playing them last game of the season needing points to stay up...

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3228 on: April 21, 2018, 10:26:42 AM »
Fair comment from Ross imo

Online Exeter 77

« Reply #3229 on: June 11, 2018, 03:14:37 PM »
It's not just WM which seems to have and agenda. No mention of Gareth Southgate ever playing for Villa in this piece.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44360546

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #3230 on: June 12, 2018, 04:33:23 AM »
http://www.pebblemill.org/blog/radio-wm-paul-franks/

He won a competition.  Explains a lot.

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #3231 on: July 20, 2018, 06:02:49 PM »
A hour long programme coming up on the investment.

Offline Behind Bluenose Lines

• Location: Hanging on in Quiet Desperation During a Global Pandemic
  • GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #3232 on: August 03, 2018, 09:22:08 PM »
Football phone-in's back on now: was on earlier with Mark Regan and Adrian Goldberg ("Franksy" is away, thank goodness).

H & V favourite Eddie has made his first phone call this season: apparently Albion will find the Championship easy...  :D
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 09:24:37 PM by Behind Bluenose Lines »

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #3233 on: August 03, 2018, 10:28:33 PM »
Football phone-in's back on now: was on earlier with Mark Regan and Adrian Goldberg ("Franksy" is away, thank goodness).

H & V favourite Eddie has made his first phone call this season: apparently Albion will find the Championship easy...  :D
Thought it was Richie "jazz hands " Anderson?

Offline Behind Bluenose Lines

• Location: Hanging on in Quiet Desperation During a Global Pandemic
  • GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #3234 on: August 04, 2018, 09:36:10 AM »

Thought it was Richie "jazz hands " Anderson?

You're probably right as they do sound rather alike: I only caught a tiny bit but long enough to find out that Paul Franks was away and that Albion "will walk that league" according to our Eddie.

You heard it on Radio WM first!  ;)

Offline Leicester_Villian

« Reply #3235 on: August 04, 2018, 05:28:31 PM »
Be good to listen to Eddie "we are going to walk the league" on Monday night ........

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #3236 on: August 04, 2018, 05:56:54 PM »
A ranting raving incoherent Bluenose has just been on slating Regan for putting them down all the time.  It took all of one minute for the veil to slip and start talking about that lot down the road and how that he doesn’t care that they’ve got new owners and would rather have Garry’s squad bla bla....hilarious rant.

Offline exiled on the wirral!

« Reply #3237 on: August 04, 2018, 06:01:43 PM »
A ranting raving incoherent Bluenose has just been on slating Regan for putting them down all the time.  It took all of one minute for the veil to slip and start talking about that lot down the road and how that he doesn’t care that they’ve got new owners and would rather have Garry’s squad bla bla....hilarious rant.
I think the rant was more due to the fact that they have been loving our demise all summer and now we have new billionaire owners. As he said he is sick of us "..coming up smelling of roses". Poor Rego copped all that frustration. Great listen!!

Offline AndyB6

« Reply #3238 on: August 04, 2018, 06:03:49 PM »
That was very funny... as was the interview with Darren Moore who sounded completely lost.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #3239 on: August 04, 2018, 06:15:34 PM »

I heard that, it was bloody hilarious. They really hate us with a passion don’t they? :)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal