collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 11:11:04 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 11:11:04 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:07:39 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 11:05:52 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Richard E
[Today at 11:00:08 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:58:06 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by ChicagoLion
[Today at 10:54:17 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 10:51:38 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fan Articles on Villa  (Read 16664 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Fan Articles on Villa
« on: August 23, 2013, 12:39:57 PM »
This is a dedicated thread for articles written by Villa fans that are posted elsewhere. The rules are simple. Please provide a link (preferably embedded) and a copy and paste of the text in quotes. Please restrict such articles to this thread only in order to avoid repeat postings elsewhere on the board. Feel free to PM a Mod with any queries. Thank you.

Offline seanthevillan

• pick our team
Re: Fan Articles on Villa
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 03:35:30 PM »
Ok let's get this thread started. Here is my latest offering (though my first article of the season) on Villa...

Lambert Keeps Us on the Edge of Our Seats

A single round of Premiership games is over and we've already been treated to a memorable away victory in one of the toughest fixtures of the season (supposedly, let's wait and see how Spurs next week and others beyond get on there before we get carried away).

Naturally Villa fans are fairly cock-a-hoop at the moment, though some are desperately trying to hang on to a realistic 'anywhere above 16th will do' line while the rest of us do cartwheels round the living room. And why not? As opposed to the beginning of last season Lambert knows his best team, has improved it, and those callow first-teamers from last season seem to have added a bit of grit and steel to the style we all recognised.

Here is a taster, read on to find (gulp) a small criticism of the manager, and any feedback/debate would be much appreciated.

Also I know loads of people on here have blogs on Villa, we could turn this thread into the epicentre..

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 11:39:07 AM »
A new article, published today, by yours truly. It's about where we go from such a position of optimism, including today's first home game:

"How satisfying is it to be an Aston Villa fan at the moment? A week ago, there were murmurings that the majority of supporters would have taken a point at Arsenal. Now, after two away games, we’ve managed two victories; one literal, one moral. Of the two, it’s arguable the Chelsea defeat and the kudos gained from it have set the tone for how Villa are going to be regarded from now on..."

Read more: http://pickourteam.com/premierleague/news/23-08-2013/liverpool-test-to-really-kick-off-aston-villa-season/843645#comment#ixzz2csjRBhgZ

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 01:45:50 PM »
Nice article, Chris. I like the your sentiments but have to disagree with one thing - your comment that Chelsea was a moral  victory.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 01:56:25 PM »
Some food for thought there Chris.
It's gonna be an interesting season and I think we're going to see a lot of highs and lows - for a good example see the last 7/8 days!
Agree with Pat - Chelsea's victory was IMmoral! ;-)
UTV!

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 05:14:36 PM »
Cheers boys, though I stand by my thoughts that Villa were the moral victors. But points today will suit me more than plaudits!

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 12:18:17 AM »
This is my verdict on this summer's transfer window:

"You can only truly appreciate a transfer window well used once Jim White has been neutralised and re-captured. For one day of the year, hopes and dreams come with a freckling of rabid spittle in the guise of hyperbole, and in my opinion, it’s best not to get involved. Rise above it, just like Aston did…"

Read more: http://pickourteam.com/premierleague/aston-villa#ixzz2dmRKDwIp

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 08:56:37 AM »
My new piece on Villa is published this morning. I don't think Benteke will be the difference today.

"It will be interesting to Aston Villa fans which side they see welcome Newcastle this afternoon. Will it be the growling nutters who impressed at Chelsea, or the limp lettuces that handed an easy three points to Liverpool?"

Read more: http://pickourteam.com/premierleague/news/14-09-2013/newcastles-villa-visit-brings-silly-season-to-a-close/846732#ixzz2eqrGhBdr

Offline littlevillain

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2013, 01:35:41 AM »
the limp lettuces showed up

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2013, 09:05:14 AM »
the limp lettuces showed up

I didn't see the match as i was otherwise engaged, but the level of vitriol in the post-match thread leads me to think we've used up all of our energy already in the first two games!

What worries me is that other sides I was thinking we'd do a lot better than (Stoke, Everton for example) have learnt from their shortcomings and are picking up unexpected points now. Meanwhile, three out of four games lost is a terrible return. If you turn that on its head, and we'd have lost three before finally picking up a win, we'd be talking of crisis already.

The only thing that gives me optimism is that we can obviously improve massively.

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2013, 07:16:36 PM »
My new article, concerning the Okore injury:

"It was already a bad weekend without the football gods rubbing it in. If it wasn’t a Tuesday and I was feeling a mite more Shakespearean, I would start off by bemoaning capricious fate, but it is, and I’m not, so I’ll just say this: Aston Villa having to go the next nine months without Jores Okore sucks more than anything has ever sucked before. Eat your heart out, so-called Bard of Avon..."

Read more: http://pickourteam.com/premierleague/news/17-09-2013/injury-to-okore-leaves-villa-indefensible/847272#ixzz2fAvCMKPY

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2013, 12:18:57 AM »
Started a blog addressing football in general, not just Villa.

http://carelesspassing.blogspot.co.uk/

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2013, 08:00:46 PM »
So it's an England match, but I still had time to shoehorn in the Villa:

"All praise Saint Roy and his wonder tactics! Who knew that by playing in-form players in their favoured positions could reap such rewards? Well, it's not job done yet, and even if England return to the Wembley dressing rooms clutching some well-tanned Polish hide, the hype leading up to the World Cup will begin. I can see the story now: a flare of expectation, followed by the inevitable disappointment. It's so much like being an Aston Villa fan, it's depressing..."

Read more: http://pickourteam.com/premierleague/news/15-10-2013/england-and-aston-villa-the-future-is-here/851370#ixzz2hop4RIe9

Offline peter w

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2013, 10:27:59 PM »
Or, just enjoy the moment.

That's what being a football fan is all about.

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2013, 06:17:56 PM »
My new article in anticipation of tomorrow. I'm looking forward to hearing off the Spuds fans on Twitter.

It's back to reality this weekend. That's the lot of the modern football fan, I'm afraid: you barely get a couple of days in which to savour a good result before you're forced back into action. By action, I mean that stuttering tension that grinds the weekend between rusty teeth, when nothing's right until kick-off, everything's wrong during play and there's desolation afterwards. Or, in other words, Aston Villa are playing host to Tottenham Hotspur.

Read more: http://pickourteam.com/premierleague/news/19-10-2013/keep-calm-aston-villa-its-only-tottenham-hotspur/851977#ixzz2iBnJbys9

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal