collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: We dont care song...  (Read 23689 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: We dont care song...
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2013, 10:35:08 AM »
The words are shit. As I think so I'll say they are. I'll be there Saturday singing but I won't be signing that as it's a crap song.

Saying I don't like a song is hardly whining and I'd appreciate you not claiming I am.

Don't be so touchy.

It is aimed at the general moaning about this song since Saturday, not you in particular.

I don't get it, why are people so bothered?

It's like the inference us singing about Small Heath makes us small time somehow - dont people listen to away fans singing about their rivals too?

Oh, and songs to the tune of My Old Man Said have been around for decades, so people are mistaken in thinking that is a Villa original. Likewise the Paul McGrath song which was sung by Man U fans about Paul Scholes for ages.

I'd understand it if we'd nicked Keep Right On but nicking a song 15 noses have sung once or twice on a near empty lower leagues away terrace doesn't seem the same.

We've played two matches this season in both of which our fans have made a constant racket. That "all I care about" song (which includes references to the team we are playing, which is kind of the opposite to singing about Blues, so surely should go down well) seems to go on for ages, too.

Isn't that the most important thing by miles? The continual loud vocal support for the team?

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2013, 10:37:32 AM »
Like it or loathe it, I think it's here to stay

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2013, 10:54:26 AM »
Growing up in the middle of the last century, I remember the rather popular 'We hate Nottingham Forest...'. Plus ça change.

Offline tom jennings III

• GM : 30.04.2015
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2013, 11:15:26 AM »
Isn't that the most important thing by miles? The continual loud vocal support for the team?

This

Offline Cleybrooke

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2013, 11:24:52 AM »
Enjoyed "Your Just a Shit Benteke" when Lukaku was warming up...

With regards to the "all I care about" song think it works really well if it includes references to the team we are playing AND the team opposition hate...

In response to "Stand up if hate Tottenham" which rang out last night - I don't care about Chelsea, I don't care Tottenham etc would have been a suitable riposte.

Or am I over thinking this....

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2013, 11:42:51 AM »
The tune is catchy but the words are shit. Why would I care about Wigan or chelsea, , and why would they care about me?

Yeah but, honestly, who gives a shit.

It strikes me that we moan and moan about what the fans sing, but ultimately, they're the ones there, making the noise.

I totally understand the point about why we'd give a shit about Wigan or Chelsea etc etc, but this evening, while they were singing it, I was sat on my arse on my sofa. I just watched the highlights and our fans made a right racket, and that's the most important thing. I'll defer to their judgment.

It's like when people ask "why are we singing about Blues?". We're singing about Blues because we loathe them, and that's what football supporters do, they sing about their own team, and they also sing about teams they don't like - that is what fans of all teams do, not just us.

The next step from moaning about that is "why do we sing that we're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen, when you could make an argument that we're the greatest club, but we'll be happy with finishing 8th this year, which is entirely at odds with the suggestion we're the greatest team the word has ever seen".

I honestly don't get why people moan and whine about what is being sung so much. Maybe if they were belting out the Tracy Andrews song, yes, but over something like this?

If this comment was a goal it would be Savo's against Leeds at Wembley.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2013, 11:48:51 AM »
I love the 'we don't care chant' and if, as intimated in the match thread, we were also signing 'we got the special one' in relation to Lambert, even better.

I truly believe Lambert is the oustanding young manager in the league. I said at the time Rodgers went to Liverpool and Martinez stayed at Wigan that we had got the best deal in Lambert. He's the most defiant villa manager I can remember.  OK, so was Gregory, but I never got that same sense with Gregory that he was totally serious about being a winner. Lambert just sweats ruthlessnes.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2013, 11:54:35 AM »
I can't predict the future but, I think history will show that Paul Lambert loves the Villa however it ends. 

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2013, 12:07:38 PM »
I don't care where the song came from, I don't care who thinks or doesn't think its any good.  What I care about is us adding another song to what can sometimes be a rather limited "songbook" with the added bonus it can be accompanied by clapping and go on and on and on.  There's nothing better than having a song you can sing over and over which really gets the atmosphere going. 

However, to avoid any issues this Saturday Liverpool doesn't scan when you try and sing it, what can we use instead?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2013, 12:10:24 PM »
I don't care where the song came from, I don't care who thinks or doesn't think its any good.  What I care about is us adding another song to what can sometimes be a rather limited "songbook" with the added bonus it can be accompanied by clapping and go on and on and on.  There's nothing better than having a song you can sing over and over which really gets the atmosphere going. 

However, to avoid any issues this Saturday Liverpool doesn't scan when you try and sing it, what can we use instead?

I don't care about racists, they don't care about me.

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2013, 12:14:33 PM »
... if, as intimated in the match thread, we were also signing 'we got the special one' in relation to Lambert, even better.

That was a highlight. Lambert must have been bursting with pride. We were bloody good last night, both on the pitch and in the stands.

Offline Quiet Lion

• GM : Feb, 2013
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2013, 12:37:30 PM »
Some people will only be happy if the crowd just sing 'The Bellls are Ringing" on a loop

Offline mrastonvilla

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2013, 12:49:41 PM »

I don't care about racists, they don't care about me.

Scousers?

Offline Lee

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/BlackCountryVilla/
  • GM : Jul, 2014
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2013, 12:57:31 PM »
If it spurs the boys on like it did last night, it's fine by me

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2013, 12:58:14 PM »
We've played two matches this season in both of which our fans have made a constant racket. That "all I care about" song (which includes references to the team we are playing, which is kind of the opposite to singing about Blues, so surely should go down well) seems to go on for ages, too.

point nailed. brilliant support at arsenal and chelsea, and a brilliant response by the team.

if you don't like a song, come up with a better one to sing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal