collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: We dont care song...  (Read 23672 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
We dont care song...
« on: August 21, 2013, 11:50:13 PM »
I didn't like it at first but I have now changed my mind.

The case for the defence is thus; firstly the tune is infectious, there is no swearing, it praises the Villa, it doesn't mention SHA, it doesn't mock a legend with a serious affliction and the song goes on and on creating a real racket.

As I say I now like it.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: We dont care song...
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 11:54:55 PM »
The tune is catchy but the words are shit. Why would I care about Wigan or chelsea, , and why would they care about me?

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 11:57:32 PM »
Just a pity the shit have been singing it for a couple of years.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 11:58:25 PM »
Haven't heard our lot sing this yet, what are the words?

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 11:58:54 PM »
And Liverpool a couple of years before that

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 12:06:31 AM »
The tune is catchy but the words are shit. Why would I care about Wigan or chelsea, , and why would they care about me?

Yeah but, honestly, who gives a shit.

It strikes me that we moan and moan about what the fans sing, but ultimately, they're the ones there, making the noise.

I totally understand the point about why we'd give a shit about Wigan or Chelsea etc etc, but this evening, while they were singing it, I was sat on my arse on my sofa. I just watched the highlights and our fans made a right racket, and that's the most important thing. I'll defer to their judgment.

It's like when people ask "why are we singing about Blues?". We're singing about Blues because we loathe them, and that's what football supporters do, they sing about their own team, and they also sing about teams they don't like - that is what fans of all teams do, not just us.

The next step from moaning about that is "why do we sing that we're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen, when you could make an argument that we're the greatest club, but we'll be happy with finishing 8th this year, which is entirely at odds with the suggestion we're the greatest team the word has ever seen".

I honestly don't get why people moan and whine about what is being sung so much. Maybe if they were belting out the Tracy Andrews song, yes, but over something like this?

Offline badminton

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 12:07:52 AM »
Took until the second half for the guy starting it in the upper tier every time to realise that we were in fact playing against Chelsea and not Arsenal tonight.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 12:10:52 AM »

Yeah but, honestly, who gives a shit.

It strikes me that we moan and moan about what the fans sing, but ultimately, they're the ones there, making the noise.

I totally understand the point about why we'd give a shit about Wigan or Chelsea etc etc, but this evening, while they were singing it, I was sat on my arse on my sofa. I just watched the highlights and our fans made a right racket, and that's the most important thing. I'll defer to their judgment.

It's like when people ask "why are we singing about Blues?". We're singing about Blues because we loathe them, and that's what football supporters do, they sing about their own team, and they also sing about teams they don't like - that is what fans of all teams do, not just us.

The next step from moaning about that is "why do we sing that we're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen, when you could make an argument that we're the greatest club, but we'll be happy with finishing 8th this year, which is entirely at odds with the suggestion we're the greatest team the word has ever seen".

I honestly don't get why people moan and whine about what is being sung so much. Maybe if they were belting out the Tracy Andrews song, yes, but over something like this?

Great post.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 12:16:25 AM »
The words are shit. As I think so I'll say they are. I'll be there Saturday singing but I won't be signing that as it's a crap song.

Saying I don't like a song is hardly whining and I'd appreciate you not claiming I am.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2013, 12:17:23 AM »
Sorry, I normally agree with Paulie's posts. Singing about Small Heath when we're not playing them makes us look pathetic.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 12:21:03 AM »
The words are shit. As I think so I'll say they are. I'll be there Saturday singing but I won't be signing that as it's a crap song.

Saying I don't like a song is hardly whining and I'd appreciate you not claiming I am.

I was not referring to you so much as the whining in general about songs that are sung when I am not there I have no right to whine about.

Apologies if it seemed I was PWS. It was more the general point.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2013, 12:24:55 AM »
It's great when I can only hear the boys on the wireless.

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2013, 12:45:41 AM »

'I don't care about ........ (Chelsea tonight), they don't care about me, all I care about is AVFC.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2013, 12:47:19 AM »

I was not referring to you so much as the whining in general about songs that are sung when I am not there I have no right to whine about.

Apologies if it seemed I was PWS. It was more the general point.

Nothing to apologise for Ozz, it was aimed at Paulie the big girl. Anyway, as I was at Wigan when it started he'll have to defer to my judgement  ;D

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2013, 03:13:11 AM »

'I don't care about ........ (Chelsea tonight), they don't care about me, all I care about is AVFC.

It's the shite's Carson song that's where i know it from.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 03:16:19 AM by Goldie.7 »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal