collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fabian Delph - Signed for Manchester City  (Read 631852 times)

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Fabian Delph - Signed for Manchester City
« Reply #4425 on: August 19, 2018, 04:03:31 PM »
He comes across well in the Amazon Man City documentary.

I wonder whether Bruce is thinking of introducing a lecture theatre at Bodymore Heath.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #4426 on: August 19, 2018, 04:33:41 PM »
I'm on episode 5 and a lot of them do, especially Kompany. I've enjoyed all the NFL ones as well. Well worth a watch even if you aren't much of an NFL fan.

So come on guys, you need to watch them guys, it's very good guys.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #4427 on: August 19, 2018, 07:07:23 PM »

I wonder whether Bruce is thinking of introducing a lecture theatre at Bodymore Heath.

Not seen the documentary yet but noticed he was in Southgate's management group with England too, despite being a peripheral player, so figured he must be a good bloke.  Not a popular opinion here but...

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #4428 on: August 19, 2018, 07:17:19 PM »

Not seen the documentary yet but noticed he was in Southgate's management group with England too, despite being a peripheral player, so figured he must be a good bloke.  Not a popular opinion here but...

Agree. When you get a peep into the set up there, it seems preposterous to think that he'd ever have wanted to stay here to get relegated once he had the chance to sign for them.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #4429 on: August 19, 2018, 08:06:47 PM »
He's still a ******.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #4430 on: August 19, 2018, 08:07:35 PM »
His hand was forced at the time.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #4431 on: August 19, 2018, 08:15:56 PM »
I do think he handled the situation badly, but we got 7 million (i think) for him when he could have run his contract down. We were in a shit situation and Man City were a top team. I don't get the hatred

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #4432 on: August 19, 2018, 09:08:44 PM »
His hand was forced at the time.

A wink is as as good as a nod. Can't say we were not forewarned in the infamous video.
That is modern PR for you. ,

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #4433 on: August 19, 2018, 09:21:19 PM »
His hand wasn't forced, it's all covered here.

We didn't push Delph out at all. The time line from when the contract talks were on that winter are important.

His agent advised against him signing a new deal. I don't blame him. At the time we were suffering the worst of Lambert, looking in a relegation scrap and he could have done a fortune in signing on fee if he went on a free.

Delph took his captaincy responsibilities seriously and didn't want to screw us over after standing by him through his injuries. It was Delph who insisted on signing against his agents wishes and who suggested a buyout clause of what we paid for him. His agent was flabbergasted that he signed the contract.

As things had been all bad news the club suggested that maybe he does an announcement they could play on the big screens to bring a feelgood factor back. Unfortunately he went a bit over the top with his comments (he talks too much).

When the Citeh bid came in he was conflicted on whether to take the move. Again, unfortunately, he started talking before definitively making a decision.

He started off thinking it was the right move. Then felt bad at leaving his teammates in the lurch. And was constantly kept aware of the big changes we were making via the transfer window. So he changed his mind. And started talking about it again.

Citeh triggered his buyout clause again and offered more money. By now he was thinking he had made a mistake so changed his mind again. It is why he looked so thoroughly miserable when he signed for them.

The club didn't begrudge his move given what he did in the January but the real piss take was when he couldn't make our trip to Portugal whilst having these doubts because his wife was due to give birth (remember the Brummie daughter comments) yet was able to fuck off to Australia on their pre season tour before said child had exited the womb.

He isn't all bad and did some things he didn't have to in our favour. He was genuinely conflicted about the move. But it wouldn't have been half as bad if he had kept his trap shut.

Suggestions we pushed him out of the door are a load of nonsense though.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #4434 on: August 19, 2018, 09:57:20 PM »

We didn't push Delph out at all. The time line from when the contract talks were on that winter are important.

His agent advised against him signing a new deal. I don't blame him. At the time we were suffering the worst of Lambert, looking in a relegation scrap and he could have done a fortune in signing on fee if he went on a free.

Delph took his captaincy responsibilities seriously and didn't want to screw us over after standing by him through his injuries. It was Delph who insisted on signing against his agents wishes and who suggested a buyout clause of what we paid for him. His agent was flabbergasted that he signed the contract.

As things had been all bad news the club suggested that maybe he does an announcement they could play on the big screens to bring a feelgood factor back. Unfortunately he went a bit over the top with his comments (he talks too much).

When the Citeh bid came in he was conflicted on whether to take the move. Again, unfortunately, he started talking before definitively making a decision.

He started off thinking it was the right move. Then felt bad at leaving his teammates in the lurch. And was constantly kept aware of the big changes we were making via the transfer window. So he changed his mind. And started talking about it again.

Citeh triggered his buyout clause again and offered more money. By now he was thinking he had made a mistake so changed his mind again. It is why he looked so thoroughly miserable when he signed for them.

The club didn't begrudge his move given what he did in the January but the real piss take was when he couldn't make our trip to Portugal whilst having these doubts because his wife was due to give birth (remember the Brummie daughter comments) yet was able to fuck off to Australia on their pre season tour before said child had exited the womb.

He isn't all bad and did some things he didn't have to in our favour. He was genuinely conflicted about the move. But it wouldn't have been half as bad if he had kept his trap shut.

A tiny number of footballers would have done even one of the suggested decent things mentioned above.

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #4435 on: August 20, 2018, 09:01:51 AM »
I do think he handled the situation badly, but we got 7 million (i think) for him when he could have run his contract down. We were in a shit situation and Man City were a top team. I don't get the hatred

Did you not see the half time video against Blackpool?

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #4436 on: August 20, 2018, 02:12:12 PM »

I didn't notice that when it was posted. Most informative - cheers.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #4437 on: August 20, 2018, 11:26:48 PM »
The video was against Bournemouth, I think?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #4438 on: August 20, 2018, 11:35:01 PM »
He would've been bonkers if he didn't make the move.

Just didn't like the 500 changes of minds. Fair enough he was conflicted but as Chelts said coming out with another interview saying Villa is my club and then moving on 7 days later wasn't the best move. He made a massive mug of Sherwood before Tim started doing it himself on a weekly basis six weeks later.

It reminds me of that summer Chelsea wanted Gerrard and he kept U turning on the decision. One week he was signing for Chelsea and then staying at Liverpool etc.

If he'd come out and said he was staying and then signed for Chelsea a few days later I imagine mass burning of Gerrard shirts on the Kop would've commenced.

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #4439 on: August 21, 2018, 08:05:27 AM »
The video was against Bournemouth, I think?

You may be right, either way I remember watching it at half time thinking what a top guy...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal