collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fabian Delph - Signed for Manchester City  (Read 634284 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Fabian Delph - Signed for Manchester City
« Reply #3600 on: July 31, 2015, 11:23:20 PM »
Shame the Man. City game has been moved to a Sunday lunchtime kick off, would've preferred it to be half 5 if moved like last season as think it will be the best atmosphere at VP in many a year for obvious reasons.

I normally don't bother with Man. City games anymore but probably the home game I'm most looking forward to this year.

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #3601 on: August 01, 2015, 06:03:05 AM »
I have no problem wishing it him either - because I don't and never will. He lied to us, he took us for fools and I hope he never plays again.

For someone who generally talks with so much reason and sense, it's pretty sad to hear you come out with stuff like that.

This was no master plan.  The fella changed his mind.  Let's get over it.

He changed his mind after 'that' video.  There's the problem, some people are so determined to be more sensible than everyone else that they're completely ignoring why people have a problem with this.  Let's break it down:

He's leaves on a free - most people are frustrated with the club for not getting him to sign a new contract earlier but most wish him well.
He signs the contract, releases the first video and then leaves in the summer but tells the fans that he didn't intend to leave but Man City right now is too good an opportunity to turn down -  some fans will be sour about it but most can understand.

What he actually did was tell villa fans, twice, that he was one of them and he was in it for the long haul, and then he fucked off and gave some nonsense about securing the future of his family.  Even if he did genuinely mean it when he chose to stay you don't record that video at that point, you stay, you let it come out in the press, you get all the feedback from friends, etc and then a week or so later, once you've heard all the arguments, you either go or you make the video. I don't think he's dumb enough to not know that was the right way to handle it so I'm convinced it was intended for some reason.  I also think the timing was so everything could happen whilst Sherwood was away, again that felt intentional.
Agree paul_e and I think that is why a lot of people are pissed off with him. He took us for mugs, but if I'm honest I don't care now. He's gone and we've moved on. I look forward to seeing our new players now and don't wish Delph any bad will, unless he is playing Villa.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 06:08:03 AM by JD »

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #3602 on: August 01, 2015, 09:00:26 AM »
Any news on this injury? Taking a while to assess. Then again I assume it's hard to find where a snakes hamstring is located.

It starts at the nape of the neck and ends at the bottom of the arse.  It's where the rest of us have what's known as a spine.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3603 on: August 01, 2015, 09:12:50 AM »
That's a good and underused word, 'nape'.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #3604 on: August 01, 2015, 10:55:27 AM »
This, is Fabian Delph:

Offline *shellac*

« Reply #3605 on: August 02, 2015, 12:26:14 AM »
I was thinking, shouldn't this thread be moved to Other Football now?

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #3606 on: August 02, 2015, 08:20:12 AM »
I was thinking, shouldn't this thread be moved to Other Football now?
In the absence of a Judas Wankers section, Other Football probably fits best.
Other than when we're playing whoever his latest employers are he is of no relevance to us.

Offline Singapore Villa

• GM : 09.06.2019
« Reply #3607 on: August 02, 2015, 08:57:53 AM »
Can't we just lock this thread.  Time to move on.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #3608 on: August 02, 2015, 09:06:10 AM »
Probably is time to move on. We got £8m, a better player in Gueye, and he's made himself look a massive twat. Short of a snake-based punathon there's not much else to say. Until 8th November that is

Offline thick_mike

• GM : 26.02.2025
« Reply #3609 on: August 02, 2015, 09:09:42 AM »
I find it hard to re-mamba anything good he did for us, time to viper him from our memories.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #3610 on: August 02, 2015, 09:45:07 AM »
The rumour I heard the other day on the radio was that he's on close to £150k pw there.

The money and the chance to play in a team challenging for the title etc are surely good reasons to go there.

It's the way he did it that sticks in the throat. There are 150 thousand every week to soften the blow for him. We'd all do the same.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #3611 on: August 02, 2015, 10:19:55 AM »
It does make a laugh how grown men come on here saying how much they are hurt and let down,and Delph is a lying bastard who you will hate forever, get a fucking life

Yes he is a turncoat, yes he said something that he didn't do,
 he's a footballer you nobs get used to it, don't take everything they say as set in stone would be a good start

He never ran of with your wife, he hasn't deserted and gone and fought for ISIS, he went to Man City for a bucket load of money and the chance of a trophy or two

I don't like what he did, and yes I will take the piss now and again, but there are plenty more deserving cases for the outpouring of angst on here which is at times quite pathetic

Offline b23

• GM : 02.09.2019
« Reply #3612 on: August 02, 2015, 10:34:34 AM »
It does make a laugh how grown men come on here saying how much they are hurt and let down,and Delph is a lying bastard who you will hate forever, get a fucking life

Yes he is a turncoat, yes he said something that he didn't do,
 he's a footballer you nobs get used to it, don't take everything they say as set in stone would be a good start

He never ran of with your wife, he hasn't deserted and gone and fought for ISIS, he went to Man City for a bucket load of money and the chance of a trophy or two

I don't like what he did, and yes I will take the piss now and again, but there are plenty more deserving cases for the outpouring of angst on here which is at times quite pathetic

Hear Hear !!!!!

Let it go !!!!!

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #3613 on: August 02, 2015, 10:48:41 AM »
You do know that's now the third time you've made that joke?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #3614 on: August 02, 2015, 10:54:02 AM »
While he's injured, let's leave the thread open. If he turns into a massive success, we should sulkily lock it then.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal