collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bullying?  (Read 8610 times)

Online Chris Stares

Re: Bullying?
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2013, 11:16:53 AM »
I thought the other reavealing comment from Lambert was how he felt that our players weren't really getting the credit they deserved for turning Arsenal over.  I believe he was hinting at the fact that whilst the various media have certainly been (briefly) complimentary about us beating them, by far the lion's share of the coverage has been devoted to Arsenal's shortcomings and ongoing crisis status.  I guess I shouldn't really be surprised - they're the "mighty" Arsenal and we're "just" Aston Villa.

Offline warleyboy

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2013, 11:17:19 AM »
My f@@kin blood is boiling.
The press, sky pundits, Wenger all think because they are Arsenal, they deserve to win against the teams from the lower echelons of the league.
Well f@@k right off...

Watching soccer am before the game, mr Redknapp said he could only see an Arsenal win.
Later on SNF he mentioned that Villa had basically got a result they would never have imagined getting.
How about watching the full match and seeing a Villa side work there socks off in all departments and also outplaying the gunners in all departments. The attacking threat was outstanding and Arsenal basically could not cope with us.

The papers were all about how Wenger should have spent his money and injury problems, what about how Villa made them look like a poor premier league team.

Now Wenger thinks we are bullies, grow up, get some man balls and admit you were outplayed by a better team you cock jockey.

It may have been the first game of the season, but I for one thouroughly believe PL got his tactics spot on and glad to see his team starting to reap the rewards.

And on a final note, nice to see on MOD that they thought Villa played well rather than rattle on about Wengers excuses.

Now let's do the same to Chelsea, bet if we do, Mourinho won't cry like a little bitch.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2013, 11:28:18 AM »
Now let's do the same to Chelsea, bet if we do, Mourinho won't cry like a little bitch.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2013, 11:49:01 AM »
I seem to remember him having a similar moan when we drew with them at VP in the MON years. He always used to get a bee in his bonnet about the blues as well. And don't get him started on Stoke. We won't be the last team he whines about this season. As for a previous poster saying he has lost the plot, having seen his CL press conference last night it is hard to disagree. If he carries on like he is his press conferences will be more fun than Joe Kinnear's.

Offline eastie

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2013, 11:56:43 AM »
I watched his rant in his press conference in turkey last night and he seems to be losing the plot - he will alienate the gunners fans even more if he continues in that high and mighty tone - needs to address a few issues of his own making.

Offline glasses

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2013, 12:06:25 PM »
It's ludicrous to suggest our players were dirty. They had to make two subs due to injury IIRC. Gibbs went off after a clash of heads, which Weimann played on from. Nobody in the wrong, just an accident. For me, the more dangerous person in the Luna v Chamberlain was the ox, Yet he came off worse. Again, not our players fault. I was baffled as to why he got booked to be honest. It's not like our players came out unscathed either as Baker was injured.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2013, 12:13:03 PM »
I have never liked Arsenal .

every time I speak to football fans ( non Villa ) , they say I really like arsenal thou , that's the way to play football .

I always say back . Wengers is the biggest moaning bad losers cnut out there . I dont like him , nor his team.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2013, 12:28:26 PM »
Watching soccer am before the game, mr Redknapp said he could only see an Arsenal win.
Later on SNF he mentioned that Villa had basically got a result they would never have imagined getting.

This will all change if Villa continue to do well.  Mr Rednapp will be saying "I had a feeling Villa would surprise a few people this year and they have" etc etc

Offline supertom

« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2013, 12:41:21 PM »

This will all change if Villa continue to do well.  Mr Rednapp will be saying "I had a feeling Villa would surprise a few people this year and they have" etc etc
He'll inevitably be quoted from his car window too.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2013, 01:22:57 PM »
I quite like Arsenal really (because they're not Spurs), and Wenger's just trying to do what every manager does when they lose - deflect attention from his losing players with some excuse. He's hardly unique in this.

Oh, and he's right about Stoke. Pulis should be prosecuted for incitement to violence, the way he sent his teams out.

Offline eastie

« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2013, 01:25:47 PM »

He'll inevitably be quoted from his car window too.

Just before his mobile rings with Kevin bond as chauffeur grinning like a Cheshire Cat :)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2013, 02:22:54 PM »
Football is not just about passing and scoring goals, there are other things that Arsenal know nothing about :)

I have to disagree with you there. It is ONLY about scoring goals! (but I know what you mean)

Offline Villain1874

« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2013, 02:23:51 PM »
All this hyperbole about Arsenal losing a football match.

Long may it continue. It's hilarious.

Agreed...
I watched this twice on Sunday and couldn't stop laughing...
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 02:27:46 PM by Villain1874 »

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2013, 02:49:52 PM »

I imagined it, in fact I predicted it from the day the fixtures were released. I would imagine our manager and players imagined it as well.

Anyone who has watched the Premier League for the last few years will know that while a result such as this is unlikely at Newton Heath or Chelsea, it is always a possibility at a club who refuse to acknowledge their misgivings.

Tremendous fun.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2013, 02:51:53 PM »
I used to have begrudging respect for Arsenal in Wenger's early years when he mixed great scouting and a sound strategy on the pitch. They would literally dominate teams in all aspects in pace, power and creativity. Most of that seems to be gone and they are a shell of what they used to be and on the pitch and resemble all of the negatives of their manager off it. Whining, complaining and never being accountable for their own failings. Very few clubs have what they have, and they continuously spurn the opportunity to make best use of it. They have crossed the grey line between financial responsibility and that required to compete on a regular basis to operating by way of paranoia. Wenger has gotten to the point of overanalysing everything and procrastinating that they repeatedly miss the point of why they even exist.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal