collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Enjoying being excited again  (Read 12870 times)

Offline eastie

Re: Enjoying being excited again
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2013, 12:10:48 PM »
If we beat Chelsea (which I think is a tough ask) this site is going to go ballistic.
Agreed although we were in a similar situation last season going there on the back of a 3-1 win at anfield and full of hope - i would take a narrow defeat at the bridge and a win over Liverpool on Saturday - 6 points from those 3 games would be an excellent return.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2013, 12:10:52 PM »
The most depressing moment for me, under TSM was the last game.

For me it was Spurs away.

The way we were set up that night was risible - it made me embarrassed to be a Villa fan and will take some forgetting.

Offline eastie

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2013, 12:12:52 PM »
Bolton at home for me was the lowest point of the Mcleish reign.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2013, 12:16:13 PM »
I think McLeish comes across as a decent person tbh, but the football we played when he was in charge was dire. I only went as I felt obligated.

Have to admit, I had my season ticket still at that point, but missed loads of matches that season. Mostly for factors beyond my control...

Similar to my own situation, in fact I also missed most of the first half of last season too. Started going down again in January/February this year and like to think that Villa's improvement mirrors my own.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2013, 12:22:18 PM »
Under McLeish it became a chore watching us, I started hating going to games. And for that, as nice a bloke as he may be, i'll always dislike McLeish for turning me against something I love.

As for under Lambert, I got loads of stick on here last season as I kept saying I was loving following us again, even when we were not exactly firing on all cylinders. I probably enjoyed last season more than any season since 95/96. It felt like MY Aston Villa again.
Now multiply how I felt last season a few times and that is how I feel about this one. I can't wait for the Dippers game and to be back at VP.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2013, 12:25:22 PM »

The way we were set up that night was risible - it made me embarrassed to be a Villa fan and will take some forgetting.

Spurs away was the beginning of the end for TSM. I'll never forget my reaction when the line-up was announced. Up to that point most were hoping he would change at a bigger club and we might be a solid, mid-table outfit.

That night, he set us up against flipping Spurs to engage in an exercise in damage limitation.

Offline glasses

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2013, 12:25:54 PM »
I'm enjoying being excited.

I work and live in West Brom. Surprisingly though, not many of my colleagues fancy talking about football this morning. They were all for it a few months ago.

Although the Albion fan (and top bloke to be honest) I sit next to is on holiday this week, would have rattled on all morning with me and I'd have got no work done! So probably for the best. I'll be texting him in the week to get his predictions for the soccer six we run at work and will be sure to share my excitement then!

Offline eastie

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2013, 12:30:17 PM »
I'm enjoying being excited.

I work and live in West Brom. Surprisingly though, not many of my colleagues fancy talking about football this morning. They were all for it a few months ago.

Although the Albion fan (and top bloke to be honest) I sit next to is on holiday this week, would have rattled on all morning with me and I'd have got no work done! So probably for the best. I'll be texting him in the week to get his predictions for the soccer six we run at work and will be sure to share my excitement then!

Best text him before weds night just to be on the safe side ;)

Offline glasses

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2013, 12:41:47 PM »
Oh welcome back, Eastie.

Been off H&V all weekend so must have missed your return. I hope the fixtures come round before then I must say!

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2013, 12:45:42 PM »

Same for me.

I'm actually still angry at McLeish.

If you'd a roofer to fix your roof, and he made a pig's ear of it whilst walking off with the money, you'd go apeshit, so all this 'he's a good bloke' wears thin.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2013, 12:47:15 PM »
Lets enjoy the journey and see where it take us - certainly the feel good factor is running through the club again and this team will only get better .
Yes and don't get too disheartened if we get no more than 1 point out of next ywo games.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2013, 12:49:31 PM »
This was not meant to be an analysis of TSM but the fact that we have a young, exciting and attacking team- its all football fans outside the mega sky 4 (and dillusional 'The Mighty Reds YNWA' fans) want isn't it?

Knowing our only plan was to defend and pack out and hope to "snatch" a goal,There were times it was mind numbing to watch

Now i am excited and counting the hours till next game

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2013, 01:15:12 PM »

I said at the time that for me, the Spurs game signified something terrible was about to happen. I had never seen such a cowardly approach to a game in a long time.

I then got clocked on the M6 at half one on the way back. Bad times.

Offline richardhubbard

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2013, 01:18:53 PM »
Sitting on holiday on sat and getting txts from mates of other clubs made me realise we are a threat a again and a exciting unknown one. I not been this excited since 89 or95

Offline Damo70

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2013, 02:06:15 PM »
I agree with Paulie that the game at Spurs was the most depressing point of TSM's time. I also agree with Eastie that the Bolton game was the lowest point. After I had left the game I felt quite relieved and comfortable in the fact that I was convinced TSM would go as soon as the season finished. The low part was worrying which league he would leave us in.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal