collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FA Cup replays scrapped by Clampy
[Today at 08:56:11 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 08:54:07 AM]

Re: FA Cup replays scrapped by manic-road
[Today at 08:47:07 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Clark W Griswold
[Today at 08:29:45 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:28:13 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by N'ZMAV
[Today at 08:20:02 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by RamboandBruno
[Today at 08:13:06 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by ADVILLAFAN
[Today at 08:11:19 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: So how excited are you about the new season?  (Read 8779 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: So how excited are you about the new season?
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2013, 11:17:07 PM »
Is this the "I hate modern football so much but am still going to spend thousands of hours on here talking about it and several afternoons at matches watching it" thread?

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2013, 11:18:58 PM »
For the first summer ever I've genuinely not missed football this summer. I think this is due to a) needing a break as every match last season from about February onwards was so stressful, and b) watching loads of cricket this summer and really enjoying it.

Now it's here though I am getting excited, mainly about the day out in London tomorrow though.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2013, 11:24:36 PM »
Is this the "I hate modern football so much but am still going to spend thousands of hours on here talking about it and several afternoons at matches watching it" thread?

Thats the one !!

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2013, 11:29:29 PM »
7 for me. Worried about our defence.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2013, 11:30:23 PM »
Regretfully, I'm excited about what Lambert is trying to do, even in an industry that increasingly disgusts me.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2013, 11:32:40 PM »
Villa - 10 - as always.
Football generally - 1 - (I like to see how Kiddy and Stourbridge get on)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2013, 11:35:42 PM »

Offline danlanza

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2013, 12:01:49 AM »
Tearing my pants off, dressing in strange clothing, everybody looks shaggable, including the Mother in Law[ wrong i know, just got a feeling ;D]
cannot sleep for dreaming of the Benteke Hatrick that is just destiny against this Gooner shower of shite, drinking Vino Blanco, with strong pain killers, Jim Morrison, Glastonbury, raves in the 80's , Shelley's in Stoke, farmers field with loads of loved up people enjoying themselves, Happy Monday's... When did that last happen ? Stone Roses album playing loudly at 8 in the morning before you met the lads for a great away day. Stourbridge Junction for the coach, train from Kiddy, 3 bacon, 3 sausage, 2 eggs, fried bread, mushrooms, toms and beans " Oh, where is the toast? Cheers babe." Cup of tea, 2 sugars, extra toast. Cans on the coach, those were the days.
I do not miss it at all and i am not the slightest bit excited about tomorrow, oh no, not me.

UTV. Everybody have a great day.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2013, 12:30:37 AM »
Tearing my pants off, dressing in strange clothing, everybody looks shaggable, including the Mother in Law[ wrong i know, just got a feeling ;D]
cannot sleep for dreaming of the Benteke Hatrick that is just destiny against this Gooner shower of shite, drinking Vino Blanco, with strong pain killers, Jim Morrison, Glastonbury, raves in the 80's , Shelley's in Stoke, farmers field with loads of loved up people enjoying themselves, Happy Monday's... When did that last happen ? Stone Roses album playing loudly at 8 in the morning before you met the lads for a great away day. Stourbridge Junction for the coach, train from Kiddy, 3 bacon, 3 sausage, 2 eggs, fried bread, mushrooms, toms and beans " Oh, where is the toast? Cheers babe." Cup of tea, 2 sugars, extra toast. Cans on the coach, those were the days.
I do not miss it at all and i am not the slightest bit excited about tomorrow, oh no, not me.

That's some kind of literature.

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2013, 12:52:52 AM »
Will say about a 8.  We all know it is a work in progress, the club and squad are in a rebuilding phase and we have one of the brightest young managers around who based on the job he did at Norwich is the perfect guy to do it.  Given the small squad and the amount of youth still a mid-table finish would be a good season for me, with maybe a decent cup run as a bonus.

As for general it will be interesting to see what sort of a title race we get in the top flight, given all the changes and how one sided it was last year, things are the most interesting they have been there for awhile.  I don't think the relegation issue will be as open this year, although Newcastle and Sunderland could both struggle if they don't get good starts, and Stoke are my dark horses to go down, along with two of the three newly promoted sides (Hull and Palace).  The race for Europe should be very good again, and it will be intriguing to see how well Martenz does at Everton.

The Football League has had a cracking start, and the championship should be exciting and unpredictable as always.  I follow Brighton in that league as I now go UNI there, also have an interest in Peterborough in League One and Morecambe in League Two.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2013, 12:57:30 AM »

That's some kind of literature.
Until 3 and a half years ago that was me mate. Home and Away. I do miss it with a passion, but you have to make life changing decisions sometimes. UTV

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2013, 01:15:03 AM »

I'm not convinced we've sorted out the defence. Expect nothing tomorrow or at Chelsea.

Hate football, love the Vlila. Honestly, if their was a game on TV right now, I'd probably give it 10 seconds before zaping to something else less boring. Not so long ago, I remember sitting down with my father and discussing how any of 11 teams could potentially win the league. Now it's two, maybe three.

Villa are family. Nothing else matters.

Offline Beijing Villan

« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2013, 01:31:18 AM »
10 - totally on board with what Lambert and his team are trying to do. Defensively nervous, Guzan is great but the rest of the defense is too wobbly; midfield, we will miss the steel of Scylla for the first few games; attack wise we will scare the bejaysus out of most teams.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2013, 02:01:55 AM »
8 and that is only because we are unlikely to get a point until mid September.

Aside from our start I am buzzing to see how we do!

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2013, 06:58:49 AM »
I have the nice feeling we can beat anybody on our day and that's as good as we can expect in today's premier league I reckon.  Full of new season optimism which I hope wil last beyond August!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal