collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Adam Gemili  (Read 7476 times)

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Adam Gemili
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2013, 09:47:36 PM »
She is very proud of being British (in her visits to local schools) and that is good enough for me. Go CO!

Indeed.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2013, 10:25:02 PM »
Christine Og failed to show for 3 drugs tests and has subsequently started winning.
I love Mo but he is, fundamentally, Somali and it's this in his genes, coupled with his training here and in the US that makes him the runner he is.

He's got a natural sense of rhythm, shiny white teeth and a big cock as well.

And he can't swim.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2013, 12:17:04 AM »
Christine Og failed to show for 3 drugs tests and has subsequently started winning.
I love Mo but he is, fundamentally, Somali and it's this in his genes, coupled with his training here and in the US that makes him the runner he is.

You should change your name to "Killjoy'' !!

Online lovejoy

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2013, 06:41:11 AM »

Don't try and turn this into something it isn't. Fact is mens middle distance running has been dominated by Kenya, Ethiopia and to a lesser extent Algeria. Seems to me Mo's background in Somalia is not unhelpful in his achievements.

I was probably a bit grumpy when I posted last night as a Koech win would have netted me £250.

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2013, 11:30:22 AM »

Don't try and turn this into something it isn't. Fact is mens middle distance running has been dominated by Kenya, Ethiopia and to a lesser extent Algeria. Seems to me Mo's background in Somalia is not unhelpful in his achievements.

Your "I love Mo but...." remark is too similar to "I'm not a racist but..." for it not to be remarked upon. There's hardly a successful British athlete in recent times that hasn't got some immigrant blood in them somewhere (it could be argued that all of us have anyway), we should be hailing it from the rooftops it not finding it as an excuse to dampen the celebrations.

Offline peter w

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2013, 01:00:47 PM »

I was probably a bit grumpy when I posted last night as a Koech win would have netted me £250.

You're right, because distance running is, and always has been, dripping with Somali talent, hasn't it?

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2013, 02:02:28 PM »

I'm sure no one has thought to drug test Ohorugu since those missed tests.

Name one known Somali distance runner.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2013, 02:06:31 PM »
Fatah only took up running when his PE teacher suggested he'd be more suited to athletics than football

Online lovejoy

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2013, 07:05:37 AM »

I'm sure no one has thought to drug test Ohorugu since those missed tests.

Name one known Somali distance runner.
I remember watching Abdi Bile as a lad. I guess years of war torn destruction limits the training camps.

Plumbett you're putting words in my mouth.

Does this make Mo's PE teacher 'racist' by the rationale of some of the posts on this thread?

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2013, 09:50:19 AM »

Plumbett you're putting words in my mouth.

Just saying what it sounded like, you seemed to imply that Mo's achievements were somehow not that great because he is of Somalian descent, it might not be what you meant but it certainly came out that way.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2013, 10:29:45 AM »
Back to Adam Gemili - he looks a very good prospect.  He was playing football as well as sprint until the last 2 years and dedicating himself seems to have helped him massively.  I think he can be right up there with the best in the world in a few years, that he'd turned down a football career for it suggests that he's going to have a good attitude as well (it's easier to make a fortune being an average footballer than it is being an average sprinter).

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2013, 10:36:31 AM »
Back to Adam Gemili - he looks a very good prospect.  He was playing football as well as sprint until the last 2 years and dedicating himself seems to have helped him massively.  I think he can be right up there with the best in the world in a few years, that he'd turned down a football career for it suggests that he's going to have a good attitude as well (it's easier to make a fortune being an average footballer than it is being an average sprinter).

Hes got a lot going for him has young Adam, talent being his major attribute. Easy going personality and good in interviews. Appears to have the whole package. When Mr Bolt finally leaves the track a goldmine later it will be a free for all and Gemili will be in the mix.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2013, 08:43:58 AM »
Mo's ace. The cheating druggy woman, not so much.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal