collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Trainline Advance Tickets for Villa Games  (Read 7348 times)

Offline adrenachrome

Trainline Advance Tickets for Villa Games
« on: August 13, 2013, 05:27:34 PM »
Seems like a decent idea for the less organized and more forgetful among us, which most certainly includes me.

Get Emails

Matchday Train Ticket Alert Travelling to the game? Want us to notify you when Advance Train Tickets become available?
We'll email you when Advance train tickets come on sale for all the Premier League games you want to go to. We understand that the costs of following your team across the country can add up but buying your train tickets in advance could save you a heap of cash. Just select which matches you'd like to go to using the form below and we’ll do the rest.
Advance tickets typically go on sale 12 weeks in advance.
Aston Villa

Offline richardhubbard

Re: Trainline Advance Tickets for Villa Games
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 05:39:52 PM »
Great idea, I can get to villa park from stockport going via crewe quicker and cheaper than driving

This will help

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 05:52:39 PM »
Brilliant.
Sorted.
Thanks adrenachrome!

Offline danno

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 07:11:45 PM »
how much notice do Sky need to give when they move games for TV?

It seemed like quite a lot of our games got moved last season.

That'd be my one worry when buying so far in advance.

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 07:15:40 PM »
Good point Danno. Still good though

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 09:05:33 PM »

Great idea

Offline steffo

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 11:11:13 PM »
For those coming from Manchester or Stockport to Birmingham or vice versa. Buy a ticket from (or to) Rugeley Trent Valley to (or from) Stockport / Manchester and route it via Birmingham. There is a saving to be made. The route via Birmingham is valid (as the search engine will confirm) and break of journey is permitted. 

Most of the fares on this ticket are off peak and therefore more flexible than advance tickets.

Offline Miguelito

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 09:19:43 AM »
For those coming from Manchester or Stockport to Birmingham or vice versa. Buy a ticket from (or to) Rugeley Trent Valley to (or from) Stockport / Manchester and route it via Birmingham. There is a saving to be made. The route via Birmingham is valid (as the search engine will confirm) and break of journey is permitted. 

Most of the fares on this ticket are off peak and therefore more flexible than advance tickets.

We do the same but Stoke instead of Rugeley, assume it would work the same.

Offline mrastonvilla

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 09:32:07 AM »

We do the same but Stoke instead of Rugeley, assume it would work the same.

We used to do this when traveling from Macclesfield. Splitting at Stoke would make things significantly cheaper.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2013, 01:03:33 PM »

Yes, I think its a two part return via Stoke. Holte L2 of this parish can confirm as he does that if he's not cadging a lift with me from Alty.

Online Holte L2

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2013, 12:15:01 PM »

Yes, I think its a two part return via Stoke. Holte L2 of this parish can confirm as he does that if he's not cadging a lift with me from Alty.

Yes correct, if your travelling to/from Manchester. Get a two part return.  Manchester to Stoke - Stoke to Aston. Works out to aprox £25.00.  Rather than £35.  When I first made this discovery the price of the ticket was £21.00, which gives an indication of how train prices have increased in recent years.

Offline Andy1874

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2013, 10:15:00 PM »
I thought looking at train tickets for Hull this early would be a good idea, i even did the group save 3 rail card.

Quoted us £280 rtn  :o , and even that was 3 changes. F*cking disgrace

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2013, 10:57:02 AM »
Any cheap train tix to London for fulham yet ? We got £15 with London midland last season hope that deal is on again.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2013, 06:45:53 PM »
I thought looking at train tickets for Hull this early would be a good idea, i even did the group save 3 rail card.

Not sure what your location is chap but you can get 19 quid singles there and back on that Saturday from New Street to Doncaster and then an 18 quid return to Hull.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2013, 06:46:59 PM »

Not sure what your location is chap but you can get 19 quid singles there and back on that Saturday from New Street to Doncaster and then an 18 quid return to Hull.

Last time I looked there was a bus service part of the way and it was due to take about four hours in total.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal