collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 08:31:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:29:13 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Scratchins
[Today at 08:23:18 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:13:33 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: infamous Villa supporters  (Read 19856 times)

Online eric woolban woolban

Re: infamous Villa supporters
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 09:45:11 PM »
Is the Greek, the guy who headbutted a horse?

I vaguely remember a Jesus type guy when I first went down in 86 as a bright eyed 8 year old. Think he's been mentioned here before.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2013, 07:06:46 AM »
Obviously Danny Brown. I can get you in touch with him if you wish,

Offline andyaston

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2013, 01:55:44 PM »
The warewolf is the one obvious character. There used to be one guy in sat at the front of the Trinity in the late 80s/early 90s who looked a little simple and always had a Villa shell suit and carrier bag. He had jet black hair, pretty tanned skin and a little overeight and was always on his own. If we were on live you could see him just past the dug out. He seeed a bit mad and I used to see him on the way back home on the 23 bus getting off in Woodgate Valley.

Offline willywombat

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2013, 08:01:49 AM »
Is the Greek, the guy who headbutted a horse?

Yep. He isn't Greek, neither is he half Arab as the story now goes. I know his Sister and he's Pakistani, which must have been difficult in the 70's

Offline Sunny Villa

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2013, 06:14:02 PM »
Other firms would always comment about the little Greek fella at the front , certainly Millwall  did.

So the nickname stuck ,  he is a decent bloke but was a loose cannon , he knows all the lads from the Steamers and the.  C C-Crew .  But the Greek did his own thing.

Offline littlevillain

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2013, 12:00:54 AM »
At the front of the holte near the pitch in the middle was a small group of older men who referred to themselves as the 'Frontmen'. They never really got involved in any skirmishes unless it affected their little area which the  trooper off chelmsley found out a few times during the early 80s.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2013, 01:11:25 AM »
The warewolf is the one obvious character. There used to be one guy in sat at the front of the Trinity in the late 80s/early 90s who looked a little simple and always had a Villa shell suit and carrier bag. He had jet black hair, pretty tanned skin and a little overeight and was always on his own. If we were on live you could see him just past the dug out. He seeed a bit mad and I used to see him on the way back home on the 23 bus getting off in Woodgate Valley.
Thats Colin,he used to get major stick off the noses back in the day he would just get his programme out of his carrier bag,wave it in the air and laugh.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2013, 10:46:15 AM »
You are right about Bobby Sands - 

One of his contemporaries insides the H-Blocks was Seanna Walsh. This is what he recalls;

"I first met Bobby in January 1973 when we were in the same Cage and he had that cocky Belfast dander and a Rod Stewart haircut....(he was a) mate who enjoyed a bit of craic and slagging," Seanna joked that he was "the only person inside to support Aston Villa--God help him."

He starved himself to death in May 1981 - so didn't live to see the AV lift the European Cup.

I knew many 'bad boys' at the time in Belfast - the loyalists I mixed with tended to be Liverpool fans and an ex-IRA prisoner I knew supported Man City.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get to mix with the Loyalists? Are you from Belfast or through the army?

Offline andyaston

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2013, 02:57:34 PM »
Thats Colin,he used to get major stick off the noses back in the day he would just get his programme out of his carrier bag,wave it in the air and laugh.
He did not seem the full shilling. Always had that carrier bag with him.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2013, 04:58:57 PM »
I remember being at a midweek match at Elland Road in the (I think) late 80's and it was terrible match with a fairly small Villa following. There was a very drunk bloke who provided the best entertainment of the night singing his version of 'Mustang Sally' for almost the entire 90 minutes, he was belting it out and eventually people were joining in with 'ride, sally ride'. Whenever I hear the song it makes me think of Elland Road.

Did this chap have Blonde Hair , if so I know him , he knows a.lot of the old steamers

I can't remember and I have no idea what an old steamer is.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2013, 05:52:38 PM »
My vote goes to Jesus Dave.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2013, 09:43:43 AM »
He did not seem the full shilling. Always had that carrier bag with him.

I remember a bloke from the late eighties/early nineties who used to go to all the away games. Looked a bit simple, I think he also always had a bag. But if I remember right he was usually wearing jeans and a denim jacket. My mental picture of him as I type this is of him trying to eat a pie in one bite.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2013, 11:19:36 AM »
Surely the most infamous Villa fan is the one who can cause volcanoes to erupt merely by going on holiday

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2013, 06:20:15 PM »
Damo, that's The Werewolf.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2013, 08:19:34 AM »
Did someone present him with a cabbage at some point?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal