collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dodgy Decisions In Our Favour  (Read 24354 times)

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
Re: Dodgy Decisions In Our Favour
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2013, 10:39:16 AM »
Bozzie clattering Klinsmann, deffo sending off.

No.  It was Jurgen Klinsmann and therefore, similarly to Dion dropping the nut on that other utter arse wipe, he actually deserved a medal for services to football.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2013, 10:40:52 AM »
Wasn't it a really soft penalty when we beat the noses 1-0 at Villa Park the season before they were relegated last ?They were playing  better than us and Johnson actually got the ball when tackling Gabby IIRC.Milner scored the penalty.I remember feeling that we were really lucky to have won that game

and stephen carr going mental. that was sweet!

He gave us the wankers.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2013, 10:41:04 AM »
decisions in our favour are never dodgy!
;-)

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2013, 10:44:10 AM »
Johnson came from behind and then got the ball. Gabby went down like he'd been shot but whether or not it was a penalty is still a talking point. I probably would have given it had I been in charge. He should never have dived in IMO

He didn't dive. He had his legs swept away by their defender.

It wasn't a penalty.  If it had been the other way round it would be dominating the other thread.  all of which make it absolutely hilarious given who it was against. 

Offline Blagg

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2013, 11:00:35 AM »
Steve Staunton being sent off when playing against us for Liverpool, he got a second yellow card for encroaching at a free kick even though the ball had been played before he moved. 

Online ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2013, 11:07:16 AM »
Looking back, not sending Hutton off for nearly breaking Guediara (something like that) in half at Molineux was probably fortuitous and helped us to win.

It was either the game where Robbie Keane scored twice and we won 3-2, or when Heskey got a late winner to make it 2-1.

Offline gervilla

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2013, 11:45:30 AM »
Oops. Stupid phone.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 01:04:27 PM by gervilla »

Offline gervilla

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2013, 11:48:34 AM »
Steve Staunton being sent off when playing against us for Liverpool, he got a second yellow card for encroaching at a free kick even though the ball had been played before he moved.

That was very amusing at the time

Offline glasses

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2013, 12:19:40 PM »
Johnson came from behind and then got the ball. Gabby went down like he'd been shot but whether or not it was a penalty is still a talking point. I probably would have given it had I been in charge. He should never have dived in IMO

Quite right. This shouldn't be in this thread IMO. It was the right decision. He had been kicking lumps out of Gabby all afternoon, lunged in in the box like the clogger he is, skimmed the ball and took out Gabby. Had he not taken out Gabby, the touch wouldn't have been enough to put the ball out of play, and Gabby would have been one on one with the keeper.

Offline glasses

« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2013, 12:23:23 PM »
Looking back, not sending Hutton off for nearly breaking Guediara (something like that) in half at Molineux was probably fortuitous and helped us to win.

It was either the game where Robbie Keane scored twice and we won 3-2, or when Heskey got a late winner to make it 2-1.
That was Warnock on Guedioura. Hutton did Shane Long at Villa park in the same game that Herd and Olssen had the to do in our box.

Online ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2013, 12:55:49 PM »

That was Warnock on Guedioura. Hutton did Shane Long at Villa park in the same game that Herd and Olssen had the to do in our box.

Ah yes, my mistake. The wins I've seen at Molineux blur into one....

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2013, 01:29:52 PM »
I am with Saunders Heroes, it was a definite penalty.

The funniest thing about that game, was the triumphalism from Colin Tattum that they had some how scored a victory by only being beat 1-0.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2013, 01:32:32 PM »
When we had a penalty overturned by surrounding the referee and linesman at Hull.

We were leading one nil and they had a penalty in the last minute for a hand ball (which incidentally, it wasn't). The linesman gave it, but the referee was instantly surrounded by Young and Barry et al and he overturned the decision.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2013, 01:33:21 PM »
The funniest thing about that game, was the triumphalism from Colin Tattum that they had some how scored a victory by only being beat 1-0.

Was the word "passion" used a lot?

Offline SX150

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2013, 02:16:17 PM »

Quite right. This shouldn't be in this thread IMO. It was the right decision. He had been kicking lumps out of Gabby all afternoon, lunged in in the box like the clogger he is, skimmed the ball and took out Gabby. Had he not taken out Gabby, the touch wouldn't have been enough to put the ball out of play, and Gabby would have been one on one with the keeper.
Absolutely bang on, deffo penalty. Getting a touch on the ball does not mean you can take the players legs. Gabby would still have been on for goal as the touch on the ball wasn't enough. If Johnson had hoofed it out convincingly maybe different but slightest of touches and stopping a one on one goal scoring opportunity is a penalty all day long.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal