collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: NSWE Investment by HolteL4
[Today at 09:54:52 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by tomd2103
[Today at 09:52:08 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Ads
[Today at 09:50:45 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Charlie8182
[Today at 09:49:23 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 09:42:20 AM]

Re: Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by AndyB6
[Today at 09:32:10 AM]

Re: Leon Bailey - signed by RamboandBruno
[Today at 09:32:03 AM]

Re: FA Cup replays scrapped by tomd2103
[Today at 09:31:13 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dodgy Decisions In Our Favour  (Read 24331 times)

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
Re: Dodgy Decisions In Our Favour
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 12:06:57 AM »
A pretty minor one, but getting a penalty a couple of years ago because a QPR defender breathed somewhere near Gabby in the six yard box.

It's almost meant that Dunne's last-minute own goal equaliser wasn't so much of a problem as we shouldn't have been in the lead anyway.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 07:57:44 AM »
League cup SF 2004 v Bolton.

JPA's goal that made it 3-2 was scored from an offside position, which was then subsequently shown on the big screen for all to see. Cue much booing from the crowd and gesticulating from Allardyce. We then cocked it up of course.

Offline Meanwood Villa

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2013, 07:59:41 AM »

Bozzie not being sent off v Tranmere in 1994

I was thinking about this one when people were talking about the Vidic sending off in the other thread. I went to uni with a Tranmere fan who hadn't really got over it. After we drew them in the LC last season he posted on Facebook "chance for revenge"

Offline hartman_1982

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2013, 08:09:14 AM »
I remember thinking ''How are getting away with these jammy away wins?"

Very true. Pretty it was an OG that won it too!

Online tricky59

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2013, 08:24:12 AM »
Not really what you are asking about, but one the Noses mention is Saunders being off side at Villa Park in the League Cup, when the full back on the opposite bank was playing him on.

Or you mean the one when he was in his own half.
My memory is of their then manager, Terry Cooper, being shown the replay with Saunders clearly in his own half, and Cooper still insisting it was offside.  The laws of the game never came easy to that Leeds team.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2013, 08:27:07 AM »
None, ever. Every refereeing decision in our favour over the last 139 years has been entirely justified. Because we are Aston Villa. Lock this thread immediately!!

Offline nevillain

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2013, 08:28:34 AM »
Milan Baros with a blatant handball for his first against Everton . Can't be arsed to check which season. We won 4-1 and he went on to score a hat trick

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2013, 08:47:12 AM »
A pretty minor one, but getting a penalty a couple of years ago because a QPR defender breathed somewhere near Gabby in the six yard box.

It's almost meant that Dunne's last-minute own goal equaliser wasn't so much of a problem as we shouldn't have been in the lead anyway.

A shirt tug, is a shirt tug.

I have never understood the argument "you'd be giving ten a game for decisions like that". Maybe defenders should stop pulling shirts.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2013, 08:51:54 AM »
There was a goal at Highfield Road in the 1998/99 season where we were on a very good run. I cannot recall if it was the first goal or the second goal, but Ian Taylor was, without hyperbole, about five yards off side.

Teehee!

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2013, 08:55:09 AM »
Wasn't it a really soft penalty when we beat the noses 1-0 at Villa Park the season before they were relegated last ?They were playing  better than us and Johnson actually got the ball when tackling Gabby IIRC.Milner scored the penalty.I remember feeling that we were really lucky to have won that game

Offline placeforparks

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2013, 09:59:24 AM »
Wasn't it a really soft penalty when we beat the noses 1-0 at Villa Park the season before they were relegated last ?They were playing  better than us and Johnson actually got the ball when tackling Gabby IIRC.Milner scored the penalty.I remember feeling that we were really lucky to have won that game

and stephen carr going mental. that was sweet!

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2013, 10:16:05 AM »

and stephen carr going mental. that was sweet!
Very sweet indeed!
UTV!
BCFC can f**k right off! ;-)

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2013, 10:28:37 AM »
Johnson came from behind and then got the ball. Gabby went down like he'd been shot but whether or not it was a penalty is still a talking point. I probably would have given it had I been in charge. He should never have dived in IMO

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2013, 10:34:52 AM »

They played okay but I don't remember them being better than us. Plus the defender took Gabby's legs away even though he got the slightest touch of the ball. Any other part of the pitch it would have been an immediate free kick without anyone even batting an eyelid.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2013, 10:35:44 AM »
Johnson came from behind and then got the ball. Gabby went down like he'd been shot but whether or not it was a penalty is still a talking point. I probably would have given it had I been in charge. He should never have dived in IMO

He didn't dive. He had his legs swept away by their defender.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal