collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by aj2k77
[Today at 10:21:35 PM]

Re: FFP by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:11:07 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:07:44 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Hopadop
[Today at 09:57:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Worst refereeing decisions you've seen go against us?  (Read 30033 times)

Offline FranzBiberkopf

Re: Worst refereeing decisions you've seen go against us?
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2013, 03:48:50 PM »
I still fume about Ray Hughton when he played for Liverpool against us in the late 80s, very early 90s. Moving ball that was. Clear as day.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2013, 03:51:00 PM »
About 10 different Paul Scholes knee-high tackles in different games where he inevitably scores the winners.

Would this be the same Paul Scholes that if you breathe heavily near him just looks at the ref and gets a free kick?

Offline mr woo

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2013, 03:51:26 PM »
Anyone remember that reg in the Intertoto when we played Celta Vigo at the Hawthorns?  Never seen such a display of utter incompetence to the point where both sides and sets of supporters were closer to laughter than anger.

He even blew the final whistle too early and the linesman had to tell him there was still 5 minutes to play.

Yeah,  I remember this. An incredible game for several reasons, the joke of a ref being one, Steve Stone pissing blood from his face being another.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 04:04:15 PM by mr woo »

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2013, 03:51:52 PM »
Anyone remember that reg in the Intertoto when we played Celta Vigo at the Hawthorns?  Never seen such a display of utter incompetence to the point where both sides and sets of supporters were closer to laughter than anger.

He even blew the final whistle too early and the linesman had to tell him there was still 5 minutes to play.

Yes, he was probably the worst ref ever, but at least he was dreadful for both sides. Blew up after 85 minutes, sent off the wrong players and so on. But he was so bad that it was funny. Oh and I think Benni McCarthy scored against us.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2013, 04:00:58 PM »
The one where Terry wasn't sent off after attacking Milner ranks highly for me.

The vidic and henry ones have been mentioned...

and the southampton one from last season, not just a poor decision but it felt like a kick in the balls after playing quite well in the midst of such an awful run of games.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2013, 04:03:07 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3wxueCY7h

Henry goal is after about 2.50 of the clip

Think you've got the URL wrong mate, says video does not exist.

You've missed the letter 'k' off the end of the link. Original link worked for me. And watching it again has made me fume. Again.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2013, 04:05:50 PM »

Henry goal is after about 2.50 of the clip

Second attempt!

The link should work now I've edited the post...

Offline supertom

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2013, 04:06:01 PM »
Definitely Vidic in the LC final. I think that cost us the game. They should have been down to 10 men, but of course given the ref in charge of the game and the fact we played Utd, there was no chance.

Online FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2013, 04:16:08 PM »
Agree with all the above.One decision at Chelsea away a few years ago really pissed me off at the time.Angel was clean through on goal-the last Chelsea player (probably Terry-but not sure ) was all over Angel, virtually getting a piggy bag ride from our striker.Referee blows up-decision book Angel.
Someone with a better memory might know the Ref and defender.

Offline Breezeblock

• GM : 29.11.2024
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2013, 04:21:52 PM »
Nobody mentioned the Enckleman "own goal" v the filth yet? No way any referee should have given anything but a corner - Step up David fucking Elleray!  >:(

Online nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2013, 04:26:49 PM »
One for those with longer (bitter memories) - League Cup semi 1st leg at Goodison in 1984. 1-0 down - header from a Villa player from a corner (can't remember who), saved on the line by the plaster cast on Kevin Richardson's arm. They went on to win 2-0 and we won the second leg 1-0 (Rideout).

Seen by the whole ground apart from the referee.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2013, 04:28:34 PM »
About 10 different Paul Scholes knee-high tackles in different games where he inevitably scores the winners.

Would this be the same Paul Scholes that if you breathe heavily near him just looks at the ref and gets a free kick?

Not sure I think that guy's name is something Gerrard - sprawls spread eagled like he has been clotheslined in WCW

Offline supertom

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2013, 04:28:36 PM »
Agree with all the above.One decision at Chelsea away a few years ago really pissed me off at the time.Angel was clean through on goal-the last Chelsea player (probably Terry-but not sure ) was all over Angel, virtually getting a piggy bag ride from our striker.Referee blows up-decision book Angel.
Someone with a better memory might know the Ref and defender.
I think we've had the shaft a few times with decisions against us involving Terry. He's a fucking filthy player and he gets away with a lot.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2013, 04:30:00 PM »
This one is remembered by a few of us here.

Pat McMahon goal that never was at Leicester near the end of the 1969/70 season.
Hit a powerful low shot into the net which beat Shilton and bounced straight back out off the back stanchion.
Villa players start to celebrate then the referee says play on !
Leicester hit the ball up the other end and score.
Total pandemonium all round, the referee realises he has messed up. I think he gave a drop ball somewhere in the middle of the park.
I can still to this day picture Shilton - while players from both teams were surrounding the ref - quietely going into the back of the net to wipe the mud left by ball off the stanchion.
Leicester went on to win 1-0 that night. A few weeks later Villa were relegated to the 3rd division.

Offline Dave Javu

• GM : 31.07.2019
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2013, 04:31:15 PM »
Remember the Hawthorns Celta Vigo game. One player was sent off for taking a throw-in, I think.

I hope the memory banks are correct, but I went to Derby v Villa at the Baseball Ground sometime in the 70's - Villa "scored", but the net wasn't properly tied down behind the goal line and the ball popped out of the back of the net. No goal given. Anyone else see this?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal