collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: AV floodlights Villa Park print  (Read 7802 times)

Offline Rich Jones

AV floodlights Villa Park print
« on: August 06, 2013, 05:24:44 PM »
Hi - can anyone tell me anything about this print that I've got? I bought it in the 90s when living in Leamington and I think the game is from Feb 1990 against Sheff Weds (judging by the signatures and when I think the floodlights came down). I don't know who the artist is (starts with M) and it's numbered 52/1000. In all honesty I may well put it on Ebay, but I haven't been able to find anything out about it at all, so wondered if anyone on here might also have one of these and/or can tell me anything about it.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this - I have been a member on here for a long time, but not much of a poster, and would appreciate any info anyone can give me.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: AV floodlights Villa Park print
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 05:43:38 PM »
Are they authentic signatures or printed copies?

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 05:51:04 PM »
What is the size of the print ?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 06:01:55 PM »
Judging by the kit, and the fact that Wednesday were relegated in 1990, it must be from February 1990.

We won 1-0.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 06:03:25 PM »
Ah, I see you'd already worked out when it was from... ignore me.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 06:55:59 PM »
I think I just spoted myself in the crowd

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 07:29:32 PM »
Can we distinguish the players?

Looks like Stuart Gray more or less on the penalty spot, and to the right, Cascarino lurking, not even looking remotely dangerous.

Online Flamingo Lane

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 07:43:17 PM »
They also appear to be playing a game with a tennis ball.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 07:58:21 PM »
Typical Ellis. If anything sums him up it's that print. The man had no shame.

Offline Rich Jones

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 08:33:08 PM »
The frame measures about 28.5" x 20" and the print itself is about 21" x 12", plus the bit at the bottom where the signatures are - these are just part of the print so not originals, unfortunately!

I think Chris Price was playing in this game, although the right back looks like he has hair... According to a site called 11v11.com the line up was:
Nigel Spink - Chris Price - Kent Nielsen - Derek Mountfield - Paul McGrath - Kevin Gage - Gordon Cowans - David Platt - Ian Ormondroyd - Tony Daley - Ian Olney. Goal by Platt, unsurprisingly.

I would have been up on the right side of the Holte at this game... When I've looked online I can find loads of photos of Villa Park but very few art prints like this and I wondered if anyone else has come across one or knows anything about it.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2013, 08:57:40 PM »
The frame measures about 28.5" x 20" and the print itself is about 21" x 12", plus the bit at the bottom where the signatures are - these are just part of the print so not originals, unfortunately!

I think Chris Price was playing in this game, although the right back looks like he has hair... According to a site called 11v11.com the line up was:
Nigel Spink - Chris Price - Kent Nielsen - Derek Mountfield - Paul McGrath - Kevin Gage - Gordon Cowans - David Platt - Ian Ormondroyd - Tony Daley - Ian Olney. Goal by Platt, unsurprisingly.

I would have been up on the right side of the Holte at this game... When I've looked online I can find loads of photos of Villa Park but very few art prints like this and I wondered if anyone else has come across one or knows anything about it.
solid team! If we could somehow get a bit of its DNA and inject it ( can DNA be injected ; ) ?? ) into the current squad, we'd win the league!

Offline Gerrin

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2013, 09:06:49 PM »

Chrissy Price, Chrissy Price, Chrissy Chrissy Price, He's got no hair but we don't care, Chrissy Chrissy Price!

Definitely don't sell it, it's a great piece.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 09:16:48 PM »

Sorry. Left hand side only. ;)

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2013, 10:43:25 PM »

solid team! If we could somehow get a bit of its DNA and inject it ( can DNA be injected ; ) ?? ) into the current squad, we'd win the league!

Jurassic Park ftw.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2013, 11:02:10 PM »
I will buy it. PM me tomorrow with cost. Will look good on my Villa wall.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal