collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Car share from Wordsley?  (Read 3437 times)

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
Car share from Wordsley?
« on: August 05, 2013, 08:45:17 PM »
Does anyone in the Wordsley area fancy car-sharing for home matches?
In my car you would have to put up with my choice in music and foul temper if we don't play well though.

PM me if you fancy saving the human race while supporting AVFC ;-)

WW

Offline sid1964

Re: Car share from Wordsley?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 08:29:31 AM »
 WW

Grew up in Wordsley, used to live in Arundel Road until I was 32, my parents still do live there...., now live in Dudley, thought I was the only Villa fan in Wordsley.

Offline T13theobh

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 11:13:01 AM »
WW I too used to live in Wordsley; was born in Church Road, family still live there. I'm now in Brierley Hill so would be happy to car share.
There are quite a few Villa in this area.
I'll PM you.

Offline Witton Warrior

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 04:53:45 PM »
WW

Grew up in Wordsley, used to live in Arundel Road until I was 32, my parents still do live there...., now live in Dudley, thought I was the only Villa fan in Wordsley.

Loads of us Sid ;-)
The Queen's in the High Street was Villa for years until it went "foodie" -  Wavy Davy, Ginge, Nolly etc mean anything?
Moved up to Mr Q's around the time of the first Blose matches then they knocked that down!
Next door neighbour is Villa and the bloke across the road a Bluenose (and decent lad!), his neighbour is Olbiun (very quiet these days and my other neigbhours are Wolves (even quieter than the Olbiun lot)

I love Wudsly even though I'm a Brummie ;-)

Offline sid1964

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 08:26:54 AM »
When i first started going regularly to the Villa in the mid 70's i dont think there were too many in Wordsley who went to the Villa

Used to drink in the Lion (now sainsburys), the Raven (now flats), The George and Dragon (now houses), The Vine (now a chippy), and the Gladstone (now houses) .... Wordsley is  a nice place to live, lots of happy memories!!

My dad's next door neighbour plays for Walsall, and his old man is an ex Zulu (do they retire??).... he is a good guy and used to knock around with him when I was younger, but he is a nutter LOL.

Offline T13theobh

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 11:57:15 AM »
sid1964 you're a bit older than me; I was born in 67 and went to Lawnswood. Remember all those pubs as I used to frequent them too. Did/do you know the Mantons? Noses; talk about not too many Villa in those days but even less Noses; I think they must've been the only ones in Wordsley at that time. Remember Stuart Crystal Club? Where did you go to school?

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 12:12:47 PM »
My auntie calls it "Wurjly".

Offline sid1964

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 12:19:32 PM »
Went to the Buckpool, yes the Mantoms- knew Steve really well, a friend of mine

You may know me as we are of a similar generation,

Stuarts - that used to be on a Thursday night when I was a kid - happy days!!

Offline OasisVillain

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 01:08:40 PM »
WW

Loads of us Sid ;-)
The Queen's in the High Street was Villa for years until it went "foodie" -  Wavy Davy, Ginge, Nolly etc mean anything?
Moved up to Mr Q's around the time of the first Blose matches then they knocked that down!
Next door neighbour is Villa and the bloke across the road a Bluenose (and decent lad!), his neighbour is Olbiun (very quiet these days and my other neigbhours are Wolves (even quieter than the Olbiun lot)

I'm 42, went to Buckpool and up until a couple of years ago lived all my life in Brierley Hill/Brockmoor. 'Nolly' rings bells with me, would I have known him from Buckpool

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2013, 07:30:54 PM »
I can't offer sharing driving but can offer buying you some chips after a mid week game!
Just dump me at Stourbridge Junction and I will buy tea...

Offline Witton Warrior

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2013, 05:25:33 PM »
WW

Loads of us Sid ;-)

I'm 42, went to Buckpool and up until a couple of years ago lived all my life in Brierley Hill/Brockmoor. 'Nolly' rings bells with me, would I have known him from Buckpool

I lived on the edge of Brockmoor for several years on John Street
That may be the same fella then - he was about 12/13 years younger than me

Offline Witton Warrior

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2013, 05:26:51 PM »
When i first started going regularly to the Villa in the mid 70's i dont think there were too many in Wordsley who went to the Villa

Used to drink in the Lion (now sainsburys), the Raven (now flats), The George and Dragon (now houses), The Vine (now a chippy), and the Gladstone (now houses) .... Wordsley is  a nice place to live, lots of happy memories!!

My dad's next door neighbour plays for Walsall, and his old man is an ex Zulu (do they retire??).... he is a good guy and used to knock around with him when I was younger, but he is a nutter LOL.

The Broadstone that became Mr Q's? Does the Zulu drink in the Portway by any chance?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal