collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by PaulWinch again
[Today at 12:16:20 PM]

NSWE Investment by Bad English
[Today at 12:15:40 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 12:14:55 PM]

Peter McParland 90 today by Martyn Smith
[Today at 12:10:05 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 12:09:08 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:01:43 PM]

150 celebrations by Dogtanian
[Today at 11:41:56 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:24:30 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Nigel Kennedy  (Read 6538 times)

Offline godzvilla

Nigel Kennedy
« on: August 05, 2013, 08:12:49 PM »
There  is an  quote from Nigel Kennedy in todays Times which I find rather odd and out of character  , it seems  does,nt have a very favourable view of Villa,s current strategy of buying young players , in fact he seems quite angry about it . Odd, imo  ,  because I,ve always thought him to be almost tunnel visioned when it came to the Villa .
quote :
Its his beloved Aston Villa that's in the line of  fire " I,m not going to renew my Season Ticket " he fumes " while they have this policy of grooming young players just to sell them on . And you can f***ing well print that . They are taking the proverbial pee out of us loyal fans " .

I wonder if his views are shared by other fans  (?)  , its not something I,ve picked up on this site  ? ...............Godzvilla !

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
Re: Nigel Kennedy
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 08:16:59 PM »
Spot on Nigel, we were quick to take the money from Spurs for that Benteke bloke.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 08:24:42 PM »
I guess the key point we can't know here is when that interview happened, if it was before Benteke signed his new deal I can see the point.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 08:25:36 PM »
I thought he was going to complain about The Great Aston Villa Swindle and not renew his season ticket due to the £2 booking fee.

Offline nigel

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 08:40:10 PM »
I could understand it if our policy IS to groom young players to sell on, but it isn't, so it is a pretty odd thing to say.

We're Aston Villa not Crewe!!

Offline Navin R Johnson

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 08:58:52 PM »
It seems very out of character and not true.   I can only believe that unless it was Damon doing the interview the journalist did not have a clue.   Probably the music columnist.

Offline godzvilla

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 09:18:44 PM »
Well it was in today,s Times “Arts “section , Interviewer  was Richard Morrison , essentially the interview was based around his Music & upcoming Proms appearances etc , as well a bit re abuse by Music Teachers , apparently he has allegations against a former teacher , pending .
 The stuff  about the Villa starts " Nige, feet up on Pew ( they are in a London Church ) , cuppa in hand delivering an expletive strew denunciation of the British Institution he cherishes more than any other ........No , not the Proms , its his beloved Aston Villa ......" so I,m not sure what , if any conclusions , can be drawn re place , time & Interviewer ...........Godzvilla !

Offline Titus Aduxus

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 09:21:44 PM »
This guys often in the same hotel as us.  He's very friendly and quite funny but he was really convinced we'd go down last year.  I knew we wouldn't.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 09:22:01 PM »
Is Nigel Kennedy's internet persona actually Risso? ;)

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2013, 09:33:03 PM »

Dunno if Dave W has ever met Nigel Kennedy was there a whole load of sly and not sly digs for the entire time they were talking?  If not then I'd guess they're not the same.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2013, 11:30:58 PM »
Nowt to do with the thread but just thought I'd say that Godzvilla rocks.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2013, 11:34:48 PM »

Dunno if Dave W has ever met Nigel Kennedy was there a whole load of sly and not sly digs for the entire time they were talking?  If not then I'd guess they're not the same.

I've met him a few times. You could never meet a more honest and totally mental Villa supporter, which is why I'm surprised at this.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 03:01:30 AM »
He is a talented artisan so expected to have a mad turns.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2013, 06:08:48 AM »
Don't believe it

Offline supertom

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2013, 07:27:25 AM »
If it's his opinion he's entitled to it. You get the feeling with Nige that his mood could probably swing fairly readily and he'd not be afraid to express his feeling at any given time. Lets face it though last season was 80% frustrating.
I can see why people miss the days when we'd buy players with reputations and largely we've spend most of our Premier League time in the top half. Gregory never finished out of the top 8, MON finished 6th three years running. BFR and BL both flirted with genuine success too, and we had a couple of cups to boot. Even as much as we moan about Herbert being a tight bastard he did allow a lot of managers here to almost completely rebuild squads and spend a fair wedge on players with reputations. Ron did it. Little spent a lot for the time, though not on players with massive reps intitially (and it would be doing that, which ended up being his undoing), Gregory had a lot of money to spend. Even DOL, as much as he complained had enough to bring in some well known players.

I would hope though that with a good upturn next season that Nige will become more enamored with what we're doing and how we're playing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal