collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sasa Curcic  (Read 11313 times)

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
Re: Sasa Curcic
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2013, 10:02:58 AM »
The difference between the sad cases of famous footballers becoming metally ill and everyday people on the street becoming mentally ill is that there is a much better chance of the well known person having his or her illness spotted early and dealt with.      Money comes into it because a person with a lot of money is very rarely isolated.   The vast majority of the most abandoned and vulnerable in society have become so as a result of losing a support system - family, friends, colleagues or worse still never having had one.   Those are the ones on whom I focus my charitable giving and my support.

If you were to say to me that the thread raises the topic of mental illness not vagrancy or alcoholism I would reply that in my own experience and in the cases known to me personally it is chicken and egg.   The one brings on the other.

With the greatest respect Brian, what a load of complete tosh.

A much more succinct way of saying what I said.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2013, 01:32:05 PM »
I hope he get's the help he needs.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2013, 02:03:07 PM »
The difference between the sad cases of famous footballers becoming metally ill and everyday people on the street becoming mentally ill is that there is a much better chance of the well known person having his or her illness spotted early and dealt with.      Money comes into it because a person with a lot of money is very rarely isolated.   The vast majority of the most abandoned and vulnerable in society have become so as a result of losing a support system - family, friends, colleagues or worse still never having had one.   Those are the ones on whom I focus my charitable giving and my support.

If you were to say to me that the thread raises the topic of mental illness not vagrancy or alcoholism I would reply that in my own experience and in the cases known to me personally it is chicken and egg.   The one brings on the other.

Droid II ?

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2013, 02:23:36 PM »

Brian?

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2013, 03:41:44 PM »
Brian.

Offline peter w

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2013, 03:42:41 PM »
Brian? Brian.

Offline russon

« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2013, 08:29:33 PM »

seconded

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2013, 08:38:05 PM »
Brian! He's not Jesus, he's a very naughty boy!

Offline Navin R Johnson

« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2013, 09:15:59 PM »
This week the talker of tosh through the Navin R Johnson Optigrab Foundation will provide a meal for between a hundred and a hundred and fifty sufferers from mental illness of one form or another.

I leave the wise and toshfree to help the football players who have fallen on hard times.

Offline nordenvillain

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2013, 09:33:30 PM »
I seem to remember a story that someone went to Curcic's house well into a new year and found that he still had the Christmas decorations up. When asked why, he said that it reminded him of a happier time when his family were with him. I thought then that here was a lad that needed help. I'm told that he rarely left his house when playing for us.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2013, 11:32:32 PM »
I seem to remember a story that someone went to Curcic's house well into a new year and found that he still had the Christmas decorations up. When asked why, he said that it reminded him of a happier time when his family were with him. I thought then that here was a lad that needed help. I'm told that he rarely left his house when playing for us.

Very sad indeed.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2013, 08:16:01 AM »
Sasa Curcic is similar player to Stephen Ireland and probably better. Sad news.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2013, 08:23:06 AM »

and he has a mental illness, Ireland is just a cock

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2013, 12:38:04 PM »
The difference between the sad cases of famous footballers becoming metally ill and everyday people on the street becoming mentally ill is that there is a much better chance of the well known person having his or her illness spotted early and dealt with.      Money comes into it because a person with a lot of money is very rarely isolated.   

It didn't help Gary Speed.

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2013, 01:19:21 PM »

and he has a mental illness, Ireland is just a cock

Will you give Ireland any sympathy in years to come if it's revealed he is mentally ill?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal